No announcement yet.

The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

These tweets not showing up for anyone else?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        These tweets not showing up for anyone else?
        I got nothing.

Comment

• Writing like Dick Harmon seems to be the natural evolution of internet expansion gurus.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=16220505

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Writing like Dick Harmon seems to be the natural evolution of internet expansion gurus.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=16220505
            Mmmmm ribs!
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Looks like Mhvers account is private. Here's what they said:

A school that doesn't get much discussion but actually is a dark horse to get in B12 if BYU and UH don't happen: Temple.
              My source tells me Temple has been quietly climbing the ranks and has plead a great case.
              Expands footprint greatly. Bridges gap between WVU and Uconn. Offers everything Pitt has plus a football team!
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Dave McCann being cryptic:

:big12:
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• DC is in the know! The Seargant Schultz kind of know.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                    DC is in the know! The Seargant Schultz kind of know.
                    Who's DC?

Comment

Who's DC?
                      Dave CmMann

Comment

• DaveMc Cann, of course!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Interesting article

Don't underestimate what happened here, ESPN and Fox both chose the Sports Business Journal, a widely respected high end publication for industry sources, to fire a shot across the Big 12's bow on Monday morning, a time perfectly designed to attract wide media attention. This wasn't just private disagreement, this was a public threat of war designed to send a clear message to the Big 12: expand at your own risk.
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• These guys are such assholes. Just invite BYU already.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I know I am bias, but if BYU gets into the Big 12, I would put BYU behind Oklahoma and Texas as far as national recognition.

Who else would be above BYU??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                Interesting article
                                From that article..

What would these four schools, Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, and BYU -- sell their TV rights for on the open market right now if they were a standalone conference? Maybe $5 million total? At the absolute peak, they'd be worth $10 million a year, and that's honestly way too much given present market conditions.
                                Somebody help me out here-- how much does BYU make per game w its current ESPN deal?
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X