Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Soonercoug is way more pro-Mormon than the average American thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    I have been called a "hardcore Mormon" by coworkers. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm wearing the garb. I spent two years in Siberia for the Church. I have donated large amounts of time and money to their cause. I think this qualifies me as being pro-Mormon.

I met Hinckley because BYU thought I should have a scholarship in his name. I told them I didn't think anything in the gospel could really be known for sure. They still viewed me as pro-Mormon.

If I didn't care about Mormonism I wouldn't say anything about it. I want it to improve. That's all. Go Mormonism!
    Your view of improvement is a lot different than Gods.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      None of those things are pro-Mormon.

You may not want to be converted to any other religion because you don't believe in God.

Fry Sauce is Utah - not Mormon.

You met prophets because you are Mormon.... I think you met prophets because your relatives are Mormon, and probably pro-Mormon. Regardless, you may have met them, but you don't respect them or what they are doing, which is also not pro-Mormon.
      You know when people are goofing around and having fun and someone comes along and gets all serious and literal and misses the entire point? This is one of those times.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        You know when people are goofing around and having fun and someone comes along and gets all serious and literal and misses the entire point? This is one of those times.
        I think SoonerCoug is 100% serious when he says that he's pro-Mormon because he likes fry sauce.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I met Hinckley because BYU thought I should have a scholarship in his name. I told them I didn't think anything in the gospel could really be known for sure. They still viewed me as pro-Mormon.
          not a humblebrag, but a great brag within a brag. well done.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I think SoonerCoug is 100% serious when he says that he's pro-Mormon because he likes fry sauce.
            lol
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

WTF do you have against fry sauce, trying to make it a secular "Utah" experience? Have you ever had fry sauce? It is ambrosia, which makes it innately religious. If Mormonism had an official sauce, it would be fry sauce. The fact that you are singling Sooner out about his Mormon credentials based on fry sauce, has me wondering if you are in fact, anti-Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                WTF do you have against fry sauce, trying to make it a secular "Utah" experience? Have you ever had fry sauce? It is ambrosia, which makes it innately religious. If Mormonism had an official sauce, it would be fry sauce. The fact that you are singling Sooner out about his Mormon credentials based on fry sauce, has me wondering if you are in fact, anti-Mormon.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Your view of improvement is a lot different than Gods.
                  Are you speaking for God now?
                  That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Are you speaking for God now?
                    Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Are you?
                      I think it's pretty obvious that I don't think that I speak for God. In fact, I see absolutely no reason to even invoke God to explain life in general. So why would you as that question?
                      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious that I don't think that I speak for God. In fact, I see absolutely no reason to even invoke God to explain life in general. So why would you as that question?
                        I see. You just like to act like you are God.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                          I see. You just like to act like you are God.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

This thread gets off track so easily. Let me try again.

Soonercoug has some of the funniest Mormon stories I've ever read. Mormons love a good humorous anecdote, therefore Sooner is very pro-Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                              Fry sauce has mayonnaise; thus, it sucketh. I am pro-Mormon but anti-fry sauce.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                Fry sauce has mayonnaise; thus, it sucketh. I am pro-Mormon but anti-fry sauce.
                                Do you hate everything with mayo or mayo-like ingredients? Potato salad? coleslaw? salad dressing? Do you put dressing on your salad, sir? How can anybody trust a man who doesn't dress his salad?!? Pro-Mormon? Are you even pro-American?

Your sheep costume isn't fitting very well right now, Mr. Wolfe.

Comment

Working...
                                X