Coug on coog violence - BYU vs Houston 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    43 points ... win by 17 ... Houston dominates time of possession by 10:00 minutes. That's an impressive offense.
    All three phases of the game ultimately did well.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Grimes hasn't gotten enough credit this season, IMO. He seems to have figured things out in his third season and we are lucky to have him. Hopefully we can keep him for a while. Helps to have a QB like Wilson, but the play calling overall has been great.
      Didn’t love his play calls at the end of the 2nd Q but overall I agree; he has come a long way and I am glad to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• That onsides kick was really a game changer in hindsight. Didn't score anything off it on that drive, but I don't think Houston scored anything the rest of the game after it. Really took the wind out of their sails.

Comment

• Lol. CB is convinced Kalani took over playcalling right as the defense started playing better. Because they started playing better, you know?
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

That onsides kick was really a game changer in hindsight. Didn't score anything off it on that drive, but I don't think Houston scored anything the rest of the game after it. Really took the wind out of their sails.
            In the post game the Kalani said that the onside was Oldroid's idea. He came to the coaches and said I can make it and now would be a perfect time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              In the post game the Kalani said that the onside was Oldroid's idea. He came to the coaches and said I can make it and now would be a perfect time.
              That's awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                I give GM and LiveCoug credit for this win
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Tune went from great to ordinary in the final quarter. Was it simply a personal regression to the mean or was it better D? Whatever, I'm thankful one QB was superb in the fourth.
                  We started to get more pressure and he got rattled. But he was lights out in the first half.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    that might be the worst officiating result of the entire season
                    It was a pretty terrible targeting call. No upward thrust, no contact to the head or neck, didn't lead with the crown of the helmet. The only thing that they could have possibly used to determine that it was targeting is if he "launched" himself. He did leave his feet, but if that's all it takes for a targeting call, about 40% of all tackles should also be called penalties.

When the punk-ass turned around and head-butted, I called out for an ejection. That the recipient of the head butt got ejected instead was pretty ridiculous.

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    Late hit!

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    The ref was right there. How did he miss it?
                    I missed it, too.

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Great D by Wilcox.
                    Damn straight. There was a time in BYU defensive football history that the most likely result of balls passed on fly routes would be either a touchdown or pass interference. Wilcox is showing to be a rare shutdown corner. Hope he can stay healthy.

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Just defies all common sense to call that incomplete.

Thank goodness for Dax!

Love the aggressive play at the end. Score a TD!!
                    I hate the rule change that to complete a catch you have to keep it through ground contact. That play is an example of how the rule is stupid. The receiver is down upon possession of the ball. The ball never touches the ground. Then the defender rips the ball away after the play should technically have already ended. In a similar situation not involving ground contact - receiver clearly controls the ball in the endzone and then a defender comes and rips it away - no way it gets called anything but a touchdown.

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    This win was for you, Pelado. They heard you.
                    When I first turned on the game, I felt the tender mercies of the Lord through the 78-yard touchdown pass to Milne. When they followed it up with a defensive stop and a touchdown drive, I knew Heaven was smiling on me.

I didn't feel as good for most of the next two quarters, but was still grateful for the fun first quarter and hopeful for the remainder of the game.

Closing it out with 29 straight points made me pretty happy. Before that final TD run, I told my son that it would be nice if they could break through on one of those running plays to score another TD instead of just getting a first down and taking a knee. Tyler took the next handoff to the endzone.

Brothers and (possibly) sisters, I testify that God knows us individually and will succor us in our hours of need.

On my way home tonight to watch the game, I was listening to Queen's Find Me Somebody to Love. For probably the first time ever, I pulled over on to a side road and jotted down an outline for a possible Sacrament Meeting talk, inspired by and quoting from the poet Fred Mercury.

Maybe this was the blessing.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    That was unreal. I can't say it was fun except the last... 3 minutes? OMG the anxiety
                    I really liked the first quarter and the last 18ish minutes. Didn't enjoy the rest as much, but it was still fun to watch a college football game.

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    I’ll take 26 points from Houston any day of the week. Well done D.

And my goodness, Mr. Wilson. He is playing on the level of our best ever.
                    Thank you for your yelling at the TV. I'm confident that made the difference in the game.

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                    That onsides kick was really a game changer in hindsight. Didn't score anything off it on that drive, but I don't think Houston scored anything the rest of the game after it. Really took the wind out of their sails.
                    Yip. Blaine highlighted that play in the postgame show as being a big momentum changer even without scoring on that particular possession.

First time the team has been 5-0 since 2008, and I'm loving it. Soak it in, boys (and possibly girls)!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      I give GM and LiveCoug credit for this win
                      It was a fantastic BYU crowd. Totally a home game feel for the blue cougs

Comment

• I actually don’t think Grimes is calling plays. At least, not in the way you’d typically think of a play caller.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• That was so much fun (other than some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in some time). I was sitting around a bunch of really cool UH fans and a few of my good friends. There was some light hearted banter and we all rallied around our shared hatred of the refs.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            My bad. Props to Eddie Jones as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I actually don’t think Grimes is calling plays. At least, not in the way you’d typically think of a play caller.
                              Huh?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Huh?
                                I echo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X