Coug on coog violence - BYU vs Houston 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coug on coog violence - BYU vs Houston 2020

We can't go another week without a game thread. That was embarrassing. Here you go.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Should be Coug on coog violence
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Should be Coug on coog violence
      done!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

This game is making me nervous. Tonga didn't make the trip (strep is what I heard). If the D-line doesn't get pressure, the drop 8 is not going to be very effective.

Funky Friday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
          This was always going to be the toughest game on the revised schedule until Boise St was added. Houston has legit athletes on both sides of the ball and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up against similar talent for the first time this year. Climbing up the rankings while playing overmatched teams and while half the country is still not playing is fun and all, but I'm curious to see how good this BYU team is compared to the past couple years. Being that thin on the Dline isn't helpful, but our offense should get back on track if the rumors Empey will play are true. If any of you live in Vegas, put some money down for me on the over.
          I think it'll be a horse race. Last team with the ball wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            done!

Cougs Coogs
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              We can't go another week without a game thread. That was embarrassing. Here you go.
              I wouldn’t be too embarrassed. BYU won last week, unlike the last two times you started a game thread:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ashington-2019

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...er-BYU-vs-SDSU

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                This game is making me nervous. Tonga didn't make the trip (strep is what I heard). If the D-line doesn't get pressure, the drop 8 is not going to be very effective.

Funky Friday!!!
                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I think it'll be a horse race. Last team with the ball wins?
                It should be a good measuring stick type of game. It would be nice to see the O line from the Navy game show up. Last week’s subpar performance may have been a wake-up call.

Comment

Tonga is the one guy I would have called "indispensible" for tonight. Bummer. I'll be at the game. Sadly my tix are close, but in the end zone section. Go Cougs!
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Tonga is the one guy I would have called "indispensible" for tonight. Bummer. I'll be at the game. Sadly my tix are close, but in the end zone section. Go Cougs!
                    Cheer hard for us. I'm gonna yell at my TV as best as I can but I don't know if it will help.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      Do you know how ticket sales worked? With 25% capacity, I was wondering how they would prioritize season ticket holders, students, visiting school fans, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                        I wouldn’t be too embarrassed. BYU won last week, unlike the last two times you started a game thread:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ashington-2019

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...er-BYU-vs-SDSU

Oh no!!

Comment

What is the two-deep at nose tackle tonight? I guess Haws and TBD?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            Do you know how ticket sales worked? With 25% capacity, I was wondering how they would prioritize season ticket holders, students, visiting school fans, etc.
                            I bought shortly after the announcement. I requested “best available” because it wouldn’t let you choose your seats. And this is what I got.

If Facebook ads are to be believed, there are still tix available from UH. With the Astro’s playing tonight, there’s a decent chance BYU fans represent 40% or more of those present.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I'd prefer that the Houston Cougars win the game tonight.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X