No announcement yet.

Cafe Rio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTR, there is already a thread which contains pretty much all these same arguments.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Cafe Rio is mediocre and appeals to those who like sickly sweet pork dishes.
      Would you say you, oh I don't know, hate Cafe Rio with the fire of a thousand suns?

Comment

I also like the fish tacos at Rubio's.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          I like several things that have mass appeal. I'm not sure where I got this reputation of disliking things that are popular.
          LOL...name one.

Even if you can, you hate the Beatles. Nuff said.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            THEN WHY IS IT CALLED A "MEXICAN GRILL"!

Silly me, crazy of me to expect Mexican food at a placed called "Cafe Rio Mexican Grill"
            I have the menu right in front of me.

Categories:

Appetizers (includes chips, salsa, guacamole)
            Burritos
            Enchiladas
            Tacos
            Quesadillas
            Tostadas
            Salads and Soups
            Desserts (includes 2 kinds of flan)
            Beverages

Nah, nothing Mexican about that menu.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
              I have the menu right in front of me.

Categories:

Appetizers (includes chips, salsa, guacamole)
              Burritos
              Enchiladas
              Tacos
              Quesadillas
              Tostadas
              Salads and Soups
              Desserts (includes 2 kinds of flan)
              Beverages

Nah, nothing Mexican about that menu.
              You profess to not care for Cafe Rio, yet you keep a menu at your desk. We see through you, friend. Embrace your love of Cafe Rio!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cafe rio is to Mexican Food as Grilling burgers and dogs is to BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  Oh boy...FM will be all over this comment.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Look at someone use their SAT-prep skills!

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      Oh boy...FM will be all over this comment.
                      Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                      Look at someone use their SAT-prep skills!

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things doesn't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                        I am the opposite... Bajio's meat is dry and tasteless and their tortillas aren't as good, IMO.

See, it's a good thing we didn't have lunch that one time. We'd have just argued about everything, anyway. I can't think of the last time we agreed on a topic here.
                        This makes my day knowing that you and I have never agreed on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          You profess to not care for Cafe Rio, yet you keep a menu at your desk. We see through you, friend. Embrace your love of Cafe Rio!
                          I am in a training class where they bring in lunch. They passed out menus for us to order off of.

Yes, I got it for free and feel like I overpaid!
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Only one problem with your statement.

Grilled burgers and dogs are good.

Comment

I like Cafe Rio, but maybe that's just because I don't get hung up on what category you do or do not assign the food to. I've never ordered a salad there. I go for the sickly sweet pork.

What's wrong with the salsa? Of course, I always get the mild because I love pico de gallo. It's hard to mess up fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                FTR, there is already a thread which contains pretty much all these same arguments.
                                My apologies. I hope I haven't started a new trend by ranting about the same thing in a different thread. I know rehashing the same old thing blacks and the priesthood, polygamy, honor code is not the normal modus operandi around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X