Cafe Rio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Cafe Rio is mediocre and appeals to those who like sickly sweet pork dishes. I'm amazed when I see how much brown sugar is in the Cafe Rio pork recipes.
    I was about to say the same thing. Their enchilada sauce is far too sweet for my liking. Get a smothered pork burrito and it tastes like dessert with rice and onions. Not a fan.

I'll take Chipotle over Cafe Rio any day. (In terms of that type style of restaurant).

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      I like Bajio and dislike Cafe Rio.
      I have a friend who owns the local Bajio franchise, so I try to go there as much as I can. I like the green chile chicken quesadilla and their fish tacos, but not much else.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        I have a friend who owns the local Bajio franchise, so I try to go there as much as I can. I like the green chile chicken quesadilla and their fish tacos, but not much else.
        A guy in my ward owns one here in Vegas. We're going there after Priesthood session next month. My previous trips haven't been great.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          I was about to say the same thing. Their enchilada sauce is far too sweet for my liking. Get a smothered pork burrito and it tastes like dessert with rice and onions. Not a fan.

I'll take Chipotle over Cafe Rio any day. (In terms of that type style of restaurant).
          I like Chipotle (I prefer Zaba's, however), but I wouldn't consider them the same. I know, burritos and salads and tacos, etc. But they're very different, IMO. Some days I really want Chipotle (Zaba's) and some days I want Cafe Rio. And some days I want Jimmy Chunga's.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cafe Rio is mediocre and appeals to those who like sickly sweet pork dishes.
            funk disdaining something that has mass appeal? Shocking.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I like the salads at Cafe Rio. I usually get the steak or chicken. I've never been a smothered burrito fan.

At Bajio I like their chimichanga. I don't like Bajio's sweet rice.

I love Chipotle. I served my mission in Denver and ate at the original one before McDonald's bought them. I usually go with a steak burrito and black beans.

I can find something like at most places.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Try getting good Mexican food in Pennsylvania. We'd kill for Cafe Rio.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

FM, would you really bring your own salsa to lunch? The thought makes me laugh at you and not with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    I hear you, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      CAFE RIO IS NOT MEXICAN FOOD!!!!
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        FM, would you really bring your own salsa to lunch? The thought makes me laugh at you and not with you.
                        Laugh away.
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post

Of the pseudo-Mexican burrito joints, Chipotle is definitely the best. Baja Fresh is also on the higher end of these places.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

CAFE RIO IS NOT MEXICAN FOOD!!!!
                            THEN WHY IS IT CALLED A "MEXICAN GRILL"!

Silly me, crazy of me to expect Mexican food at a placed called "Cafe Rio Mexican Grill"
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Of the pseudo-Mexican burrito joints, Chipotle is definitely the best. Baja Fresh is also on the higher end of these places.
                              Agreed. I love Chipotle. There was one by my office in Texas and I at there often.

Comment

funk disdaining something that has mass appeal? Shocking.
                                I like several things that have mass appeal. I'm not sure where I got this reputation of disliking things that are popular.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X