Darn the Torpedoes: BYU vs Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn the Torpedoes: BYU vs Navy

I don't care that you hate the thread title. It's game week and time to get this season started. BYU opens up at Navy in Annapolis as a 2.5 point underdog. I'm predicting that we destroy them and Wilson throws for over 300 yards.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Don't apologize! That is a fine title.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Tom Petty approved!

Comment

Originally posted by Elvira Harper
        Verschwenden Sie nicht Ihre Zeit! Sie wissen, dass Sie mit Hilfe von Internet-Spielen qualitativ hochwertiges Geld verdienen können. Der Typ, den ich überprüft habe, ist mega moolah spielen.
        Google Translate says:
        Don't waste your time! They know that you can make good quality money with the help of internet gaming. The guy I checked is playing mega moolah.
        I wasn't planning to bet on this game. Seems unreal that we're only days away now. I'm really looking forward to it, and like BYU's chances. Apparently Ken Nuimatololo was on some radio show saying that up until this week they hadn't practiced with any contact. No tackling, some 7 on 7 work but nothing with the whole team up against a whole offense of defense. That can't be good for Navy, can it?

Comment

I'm going to revise my prediction in light of the Bushman injury. We are still going to win, but we won't destroy them and Wilson will only throw for 250 yards...however he'll run for 100!
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            I'm going to revise my prediction in light of the Bushman injury. We are still going to win, but we won't destroy them and Wilson will only throw for 250 yards...however he'll run for 100!
            That's too bad about Bushman's injury. The kid is a fun player to watch.
            Maybe he'll get another shot - I suspect that Covid is going to play havoc with eligibility rules and guidelines.
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
              That's too bad about Bushman's injury. The kid is a fun player to watch.
              Maybe he'll get another shot - I suspect that Covid is going to play havoc with eligibility rules and guidelines.
              He may decide to forego a final season, especially if he'll have already earned his degree.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Away game week. 20200903_202004.jpg
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

If only BYU had a fan who was good at napping goats.

Comment

Darn the Torpedoes: BYU vs Navy

Game day!!!!

:byu1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am “totes jelly” (as the kids say) of you guys. I’d love if the Utes were playing football

Good luck with the midshipman!

Comment

Rise and shout!!! Go BYU Cougars!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          If only BYU had a fan who was good at napping goats.

I liked Boney's response to this:

https://twitter.com/boneyfuller/stat...21129708605440

Comment

LFG! Give em hell Brigham!
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

YTTV 2week trial activated [emoji119]

Comment

Working...
                              X