No announcement yet.

Weird Stuff on my dream house list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rinse off? From the bath? What's he doing in that bath that he needs to shower after?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Rinse off? From the bath? What's he doing in that bath that he needs to shower after?
      If you don't change your oil while you're relaxing in the tub, you aren't really living!

But my dream home would have a basement. No houses have basements around here and think that's too bad.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
        But my dream home would have a basement. No houses have basements around here and think that's too bad.
        While they aren't that common, basements do exist in the valley. The house I grew up in had a full basement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          While they aren't that common, basements do exist in the valley. The house I grew up in had a full basement.

Yeah, when we were looking at houses in 2009, we looked at many dozens and only a couple had basements, and they were a little older (most of the houses we walked through were new builds--there were so many empty houses to pick from). The house we ended up buying did not have one.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Basements are even more rare in AZ, which baffles me. Nothing is better in the summer heat than a nice cool basement to relax in.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Basements are even more rare in AZ, which baffles me. Nothing is better in the summer heat than a nice cool basement to relax in.
              Is it the same reason that Vegas has very few basements? Caliche making it expensive to dig foundations?

I can imagine why Idaho doesn't have basements. Don't you all need them for your bomb shelters?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Is it the same reason that Vegas has very few basements? Caliche making it expensive to dig foundations?

I can imagine why Idaho doesn't have basements. Don't you all need them for your bomb shelters?
                I've been told that the water table is too high for basements in this part of town.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I never understood this either. If I still lived there I would want to hunker down in a basement from May till October.

Basements are even more rare in central Oregon, but I understand why. We are located in a large caldera. There’s a huge radius where if you dig more than ~3 feet anywhere you hit lava rock. But there are a handful of cool houses that are built on top of small caves. I even saw one that had run electricity down in one when we were first buying. It seemed really cool, but I’m sure it was a hassle to keep the upstairs clean from all the dust.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    I never understood this either. If I still lived there I would want to hunker down in a basement from May till October.

Basements are even more rare in central Oregon, but I understand why. We are located in a large caldera. There’s a huge radius where if you dig more than ~3 feet anywhere you hit lava rock. But there are a handful of cool houses that are built on top of small caves. I even saw one that had run electricity down in one when we were first buying. It seemed really cool, but I’m sure it was a hassle to keep the upstairs clean from all the dust.

The water table in my neighborhood is about 24 inches, so no basement for us. it really is too bad. Indoor swimming pool and all.

Comment

? Idaho is like all basement. I think they just might not be a popular feature in newer floor plans because they are obviously more expensive to mass-produce.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

? Idaho is like all basement. I think they just might not be a popular feature in newer floor plans because they are obviously more expensive to mass-produce.
                        Hey don't @ me, I wasn't the one that said Idaho lacked basements.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          My neighbor just puts out a tub full of water... They are like $35 at Tractor Supply.

[ATTACH]10378[/ATTACH]
                          lol
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Depends on where in Idaho. The house I grew up in (Boise) had a full basement. Most of my friends' houses also had basements. When we were looking to buy, we found very few with basements, especially in Meridian. We were told the water table is too high.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Depends on where in Idaho. The house I grew up in (Boise) had a full basement. Most of my friends' houses also had basements. When we were looking to buy, we found very few with basements, especially in Meridian. We were told the water table is too high.
                              My house growing up outside Idaho Falls had a full basement. Downside? The basement flooded a few times due to some irrigation mishaps, but I loved that basement in the winter with its full wood burning fireplace in the family room.

Comment

My house growing up outside Idaho Falls had a full basement. Downside? The basement flooded a few times due to some irrigation mishaps, but I loved that basement in the winter with its full wood burning fireplace in the family room.
                                Damn. Our only fireplace was an the ground level.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X