MLB 2020: .370 > .000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    The Marlins played the game yesterday...KNOWING THEY HAD POSITIVE TEST RESULTS! WTF.
    Yep. Unbelievably irresponsible.

The MLB will cancel the season. And it will be because the teams can’t be trusted. Getting COVID incidentally and spreading it to the team is one thing. Knowingly putting other teams at risk is a whole other level.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

The MLB will cancel the season. And it will be because the teams can’t be trusted. Getting COVID incidentally and spreading it to the team is one thing. Knowingly putting other teams at risk is a whole other level.
      My niece was exposed to someone with Covid last Thursday. They wouldn't let her get tested until today and she has to stay quarantined until Wednesday even if the result comes back negative. She's showing no symptoms. If the Marlins (and Phillies) followed a similar protocol, they'd both miss about a week of games. Or play them with a full team from the taxi squad.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
        The Marlins played the game yesterday...KNOWING THEY HAD POSITIVE TEST RESULTS! WTF.
        That's criminal. That also doesn't bode well for every other sport hoping to play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          That's criminal. That also doesn't bode well for every other sport hoping to play this year.
          I think basketball and hockey might work with their bubbles and playing at specific locations and maintaining a quarantine.

With football teams having so many players, I don't see how they make things work this fall. Seems like a logistical nightmare.

Comment

Idiots. Plain and simple. This is not that difficult.

A reflection of the larger U.S. approach to this virus. Very sad.

I don't see how football is played this fall.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Idiots. Plain and simple. This is not that difficult.

A reflection of the larger U.S. approach to this virus. Very sad.

I don't see how football is played this fall.
              Rumor is that our HS football coach is telling kids not to get tested if they are sick because they will "shut down the program"
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Rumor is that our HS football coach is telling kids not to get tested if they are sick because they will "shut down the program"
                Now that is just brilliant.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Marlins' season is suspended. I doubt this is the last one.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Marlins' season is suspended. I doubt this is the last one.
                    Suspended through Sunday. Phillies won't play until Friday. It appears that they assume a 5-day incubation maximum. Maybe this is a wakeup call for the league and they'll take the distancing protocols more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      Suspended through Sunday. Phillies won't play until Friday. It appears that they assume a 5-day incubation maximum. Maybe this is a wakeup call for the league and they'll take the distancing protocols more seriously.
                      Oh I missed that. I thought it was for the whole season, as a punishment for not informing they had players who tested positive.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Can we designate Joe Kelly?
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Can we designate Joe Kelly?
                          Nevermind.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Nevermind.
                            He’s a goddamn legend.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              He’s a goddamn legend.
                              Yeah. 96 to Bregman's head. Then dropped Correa with a pitch buzzing his earhole. And then sends him down swinging. That was amazing. I am sorry Joe. Just some PTSD from last season.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Kind of a wuss move to walk away after that. At least stand on the mound and call him out. I guess since he weighs 130 he had to run to the dugout before Correa destroyed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X