MLB 2020: .370 > .000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2020: .370 > .000

Man I didn't realize I'd miss baseball as much as I have. Hopefully this bodes well for the return of football.

Before the season was gutted, odds makers had my Royals winning 67 games. Well now there's only 60 games, so hello World Series, here we come!

Back in the late 1800's, umpires used to officiate from rocking chairs 20 feet behind home plate. Maybe social distancing will require a return to their roots.

Sounds like they might pipe in fan noise at MLB games this year.

“My concern is how much it’s going to be heard from both sides,” Matheny said. “And we’ve got men out there that this is their livelihood, and they take it very serious. And I think we appreciate how these guys compete. And with that raw emotion, I’m just not so sure that’s something we all want to hear every bit of. I don’t think necessarily our fan base needs to hear everything either.

Comment

He makes a good point. The networks certainly do not want to have MLB suddenly become less family friendly.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

If you're a T-mobile customer, you can get free MLB TV access again this year. You'll have a two week window from 7/21 - 8/4 to login.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          If you're a T-mobile customer, you can get free MLB TV access again this year. You'll have a two week window from 7/21 - 8/4 to login.
          And they are adding a year subscription to the Athletic on top of that. That plus the vet pricing makes me likely T-Mobile for life.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
            And they are adding a year subscription to the Athletic on top of that. That plus the vet pricing makes me likely T-Mobile for life.
            I hope they keep it going. I should have made the move sooner.

Comment

Just signed up for my free mlb tv through the T-mobile Tuesdays app.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Just signed up for my free mlb tv through the T-mobile Tuesdays app.

done.

Comment

Congrats Dodgers fans. You have competent leadership, and we don’t. Betts will be in LA for quite some time.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Congrats Dodgers fans. You have competent leadership, and we don’t. Betts will be in LA for quite some time.

Absent some superhuman longevity by Mookie, the deal will be a Pujols-like albatross for the last 3-5 years. But you have to sign a talent Mookie long term when you have the chance.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Soto tests COVID positive after being with the team for training.

Please keep Dr. Fauci away from the Nats dugout.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Soto tests COVID positive after being with the team for training.

Please keep Dr. Fauci away from the Nats dugout.
                        Braves lost both their catchers due to being symptomatic but not testing positive. Had to call up two unseasoned rookies to open the season.

Comment

So the Marlins now have 14 players and 2 coaches that have tested positive for Covid-19. Flight back to Florida has been cancelled this morning.

Tonight's Yankees-Phillies game has been cancelled.

Opening weekend of the entire season was fun.

Comment

That was a fun MLB season. I’m excited for the 2021 season!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              That was a fun MLB season. I’m excited for the 2021 season!
                              The Marlins played the game yesterday...KNOWING THEY HAD POSITIVE TEST RESULTS! WTF.

Comment

Working...
                              X