Sharing your food storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing your food storage

Food storage is not talked about much in church it seems like. Ward I served in in Florida seems like every week lesson in eq was on food storage. Couldn’t, they think of anytnng else to talk about. Is that all the priesthood manulel Talked about? Pre prophets Manuel.

I won,t pay for the things on avow, but I read something that Roger Young said. He said in the parable of the virgins and Noah getting on the ark we are commanded. Ot to share our food storage with those that don’t store food,

However someone said the parable of the virgins was spiritual not temporal, and Vaughn J Featherstone when he gave a talk later said what would Jesus do we get too. He clarified his talk in the ensign.

Roger Young seems to say reverlation comes through properly appointed stewardship but quotes prophecies. We can share our food storage with our neighbors we are not prohibited from doing it, in fact seems like we are told we should do it,

Much of my food storage was acquired more than 30 years ago. We had to toss out a lot of stuff that doesn't age well. But I would happily share wheat or beans or macaroni noodles with my neighbors if they need it. All of that stuff is in the category of things we would only eat if we were starving anyway.

I probably have 180 cans of food storage.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
      Food storage is not talked about much in church it seems like. Ward I served in in Florida seems like every week lesson in eq was on food storage. Couldn’t, they think of anytnng else to talk about. Is that all the priesthood manulel Talked about? Pre prophets Manuel.

I won,t pay for the things on avow, but I read something that Roger Young said. He said in the parable of the virgins and Noah getting on the ark we are commanded. Ot to share our food storage with those that don’t store food,

However someone said the parable of the virgins was spiritual not temporal, and Vaughn J Featherstone when he gave a talk later said what would Jesus do we get too. He clarified his talk in the ensign.

Roger Young seems to say reverlation comes through properly appointed stewardship but quotes prophecies. We can share our food storage with our neighbors we are not prohibited from doing it, in fact seems like we are told we should do it,
      Yeah, I like to think the parable is more of the spiritual nature and not temporal. In fact we may be dipping into that spiritual food storage right now, as we are not regularly going to church. I wonder about folks that say they like "home church" if they are running low on their spiritual food storage. It wouldn't surprise me if a good number of members don't go back to church after this is over.

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
      Much of my food storage was acquired more than 30 years ago. We had to toss out a lot of stuff that doesn't age well. But I would happily share wheat or beans or macaroni noodles with my neighbors if they need it. All of that stuff is in the category of things we would only eat if we were starving anyway.

I probably have 180 cans of food storage.
      I probably have 50 boxes of ammo.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Yeah, I like to think the parable is more of the spiritual nature and not temporal. In fact we may be dipping into that spiritual food storage right now, as we are not regularly going to church. I wonder about folks that say they like "home church" if they are running low on their spiritual food storage. It wouldn't surprise me if a good number of members don't go back to church after this is over.

I probably have 50 boxes of ammo.
        Probably us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I'd suggest if your neighbor is Alex Jones that you share your food storage. Just trust me on this one.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            I'd suggest if your neighbor is Alex Jones that you share your food storage. Just trust me on this one.
            Yeah, Jones can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X