Patch the tube? Or replace it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Tried converting to tubeless last week. My rims are TL ready. The tires are TL ready. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. I was so frustrated. I even tried reinstalling the tube and then removing it with one bead still intact and still couldn't get it to seat. I took out the valve core to get more air into it with my compressor and still no dice. Finally I even took the tube and stretched it over the tire and rim to try and get it to seal. I gave up after this attempt and just reinstalled the tube. I guess I will try again whenever I need new tires.
    I got tired of running tubeless. I had to top off my tire pressure every ride. Every 3 months, changing or adding sealant, etc. I went back to tubes, and haven’t had a flat in months (knock on wood), and none of the constant filling or mess.

Comment

Replace. I've got about fifty old tubes in a drawer in my garage, I always thought I could do something cool with them but it's starting to look like a hoarder problem. This could be the year I get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        Replace. I've got about fifty old tubes in a drawer in my garage, I always thought I could do something cool with them but it's starting to look like a hoarder problem. This could be the year I get rid of them.
        This Halloween: RC as the Predator.

Comment

Working...
        X