To my Ute brethern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my Ute brethern

May you have a week full of anticipation of another 2004 type beatdown of the Cougars en route to a 2nd BCS bowl in 4 years.

May you gloat about how much better your team is to all Cougars you know all week.

May you engage in tantric fandom all week long so as to heighten the feel of the win.

These are my desires for you so that when your team loses yet again (hopefully on a 4th and 18 or Beck to Harline type of play) my joy will be complete.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

and may your cogs rely on Austin Collie's magic this upcoming Saturday. Then, when the mighty and righteous crimson army comes, Austin and his band of merry men will be exposed.

Comment

This Saturday, BYU will face their toughest opponent in 49 games. Utah will be facing their toughest opponent in 16 days, and their third toughest opponent of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercutio View Post
        This Saturday, BYU will face their toughest opponent in 49 games. Utah will be facing their toughest opponent in 16 days, and their third toughest opponent of the season.
        Third toughest of the season? You are still giving that Michigan win a lot of mileage.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mercutio View Post
          this saturday, byu will face their toughest opponent in 49 games. Utah will be facing their toughest opponent in 16 days, and their third toughest opponent of the season.
          lol!

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            lol!
            mercutio4ever is a riot.

BYU racked up its 3rd 10-win season in a row. not too shabby.

This Saturday should be a great game.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              mercutio4ever is a riot.

BYU racked up its 3rd 10-win season in a row. not too shabby.

This Saturday should be a great game.
              That is as many as Utah has in its history. Interesting.
              *Banned*

Comment

I am not just saying this to be a dick but in all honesty I still think TCU was a tougher opponent than Utah.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  I am not just saying this to be a dick but in all honesty I still think TCU was a tougher opponent than Utah.
                  Okay fair enough, because there are many who feel TCU ~ Utah, and few think Utah will win by 25. But who did BYU play in 2005-07 that was up to the same level of this year's TCU or Utah? Boston College? Oregon? Close, but not as complete.

Comment

Okay fair enough, because there are many who feel TCU ~ Utah, and few think Utah will win by 25. But who did BYU play in 2005-07 that was up to the same level of this year's TCU or Utah? Boston College? Oregon? Close, but not as complete.
                    Well if you are going all the way back to 05.... Notre Dame of 05. They had a great O and decent D....
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Well if you are going all the way back to 05.... Notre Dame of 05. They had a great O and decent D....
                      Curious how M4ever strategically stops at 2005.

He could have gone back to 2004, which was the Ute BCS year. If we are talking about the most complete teams BYU has faced, why not include the 2004 Utes? Unfortunately it was also the year BYU played SC at home, with Bush, Leinart, and LenDale White, Shaun Cody, dwayne jarrett, steve smith, winston, justice, frostee rucker, etc...

so going back to 2004 would have totally obliterated Utah from being in the discussion.

I'm watching you, M4ever.....
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I tend to agree with this. Obviously we beat TCU but it took a few break to accomplish that. I don't expect us to dismantle BYU in the fashion TCU did. To me this game rides on the degree to which the Utah defense can slow the BYU offense.

I think BYU's secondary is below average to poor and that Utah will be good for a low 30's point total against it (though historically that defense plays its better against us). The real question is, what can the Utah defense do? Can it hold BYU in the 20s or will BYU get to the mid 30's?

Also, when Johnson turns the ball over how many points will it result in? If Utah can limit BYU to no more than 1 TD per quarter and gives up no more than a FG to turnovers, Utah wins.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Curious how M4ever strategically stops at 2005.

He could have gone back to 2004, which was the Ute BCS year. If we are talking about the most complete teams BYU has faced, why not include the 2004 Utes? Unfortunately it was also the year BYU played SC at home, with Bush, Leinart, and LenDale White, Shaun Cody, dwayne jarrett, steve smith, winston, justice, frostee rucker, etc...

so going back to 2004 would have totally obliterated Utah from being in the discussion.

I'm watching you, M4ever.....
                          I was at that BYU/USC game. That SC team was such a good team. Probably one of the best College football teams ever.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I was at that BYU/USC game. That SC team was such a good team. Probably one of the best College football teams ever.
                            I was there as well and when T-Wat burned USCs secondary he ran over and gave me a high five. I didnt wash my hand for a month. Of course that was the only TD we scored.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              I think BYU's secondary is below average to poor
                              I think that is being generous. BYU secondary is downright terrible.

Looking at this game objectively, I don't think that either BYU or Utah is really a 'great' team. I can think of 5 BYU teams off the top of my head that would have probably beaten this BYU team. I am not familiar enough with Utah's history to say the same for them, but I haven't been overly impressed with Utah this year. Their win over OSU will still look nice on their resume if they end up winning the Pac-10, but it wasn't that impressive of a victory watching the game. Neither team is really great, but I think they are fairly equally matched.

I do think Utah is beatable. I think BYU can beat Utah. However, if you asked me to lay money on the game, right now I would put it on Utah. I think they have momentum, revenge and are playing for a BCS game. They always elevate their game against the Y. It should be a dogfight and it is probably the biggest game in the history of the rivalry. I hope BYU can pull it out. I give them about a 45% chance of doing it. SHould be a fun week!

Comment

Working...
                              X