Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ate three of the Cornish chickens I raised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ate three of the Cornish chickens I raised.

Six weeks old. First three I butchered. Will butcher a few more in next couple Of weeks. First night I didn't,t plug light in warm. Eight of them died either crowding each other, too hot or sick. All meat birds. Still have several left. Real hot other day. Meat crop should still be good. Dead birds buried in garden so could have good fertilizer for garden. SWK neighbors took care of cow on vacation. It died and buried it in Garden and good eating. Bio by son and and sons nephew. I think SWK liked the food wife wouldn't’,t eat it.

Lost a few chickens early in But few Until other day. When meat birds are gone Egg layers will start laying and can make some money there. Supplies and coop biggest Expense. Once that expense gone only chick and food will be there. So some money can be made. Meat pretty good I ate.

Didn,t get any eggs hatched I incubated yet. Neighbor didn’t Either. Some neighbor got some chicks hatched. I ought to try that again. Backyard chicks expensive food but rewarding as well.
Working...
X