Eastern Idaho Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Idaho Politics

It's been an interesting year so far in eastern Idaho, in the past it's been farmers or small business owners that can take January through April off and serve in the legislature, a pretty conservative bunch. There is a group now trying to move this area even more right, they love the RINO acronym and even a NRA endorsement isn't enough anymore. They put out this report card they call the Idaho Freedom Index, they start these movements with very patriotic names and give themselves very important titles and then all they talk about is how they are going to get the government out of your life. There is not a lot of fluff in Idaho or government intervention already. I think the part that bothers me the most, is the ones running from our district are from Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, they've come up here to free us. They are clueless to the real needs of this area such as water rights, agriculture needs, immigration and small business problems. All I want is our schools, colleges and universities to receive the funding they need so that kids here feel like they don't need to go to Utah to receive a good secondary education, take care of our state parks and help our farmers so that can complete against other regions. These guys have there own agenda and it's not about Idaho. So I've got another reason I need to move from here someday other than the weather.

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    It's been an interesting year so far in eastern Idaho, in the past it's been farmers or small business owners that can take January through April off and serve in the legislature, a pretty conservative bunch. There is a group now trying to move this area even more right, they love the RINO acronym and even a NRA endorsement isn't enough anymore. They put out this report card they call the Idaho Freedom Index, they start these movements with very patriotic names and give themselves very important titles and then all they talk about is how they are going to get the government out of your life. There is not a lot of fluff in Idaho or government intervention already. I think the part that bothers me the most, is the ones running from our district are from Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, they've come up here to free us. They are clueless to the real needs of this area such as water rights, agriculture needs, immigration and small business problems. All I want is our schools, colleges and universities to receive the funding they need so that kids here feel like they don't need to go to Utah to receive a good secondary education, take care of our state parks and help our farmers so that can complete against other regions. These guys have there own agenda and it's not about Idaho. So I've got another reason I need to move from here someday other than the weather.
    Where would you go?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Speaking of wacky Arizona imports, how about that Lori Vallow chick?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You can always inhabit 2 worlds in central Oregon. Live a few miles east of Bend and own lots of land. And when you've had it with your kooky neighbors come to town and hang with the hippies!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Speaking of wacky Arizona imports, how about that Lori Vallow chick?
          Currently sitting in our local jail. This is the type that are coming here, I think they see east Idaho as the reddest of the reds and they can find a home here.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            Currently sitting in our local jail. This is the type that are coming here, I think they see east Idaho as the reddest of the reds and they can find a home here.
            Clearly, Idaho is attracting the wrong kind of Arizonians. I would think many from Arizona would be well versed on water rights and immigration issues.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
            X