CS Audit Report and a Request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Audit Report and a Request...

Although this site is a model (!) of sound fiscal management, and, unlike CB and other boards, has not sold out to purveyors of mattresses, mortgage loans or male enhancement products, occasionally funds are needed to pay for the hosting service and, perhaps someday, the Board Bacchanal the Executive Committee so richly deserves. Unfortunately, the CS balance sheet is currently over $100 in the red, as JL has been foolishly covering the monthly expense himself, presumably hiding this from his wife.

To right our financial ship and save the Dude's marriage, we're asking for contributions from our regulars with the means to do so. Those inclined to kick in should click on the "Donate" link at the top of any page.. Pre-set donation amounts range from $5 to $100 and anything will be much appreciated.

As the Board's auditor pro tem, I am of the opinion that, in all material respects, contributions received, expenditures made, and assets of the Board for the year 2019 have been recorded and administered in accordance with approved CS budgets, policies, and accounting practices.

I’ll kick in $10 provided he has NOT been hiding this from his wife.

If he has I’ll kick in $20.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
      I’ll kick in $10 provided he has NOT been hiding this from his wife.

If he has I’ll kick in $20.
      The fact that I post on the board and kind of run it? No.
      The fact that I have been bankrolling it for a while? Yes.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Here kids, here is a nickel... Buy this server a new hard drive so I can give Hunter Biden colorful and well deserved adjectives once again and not have PAC gripe at me for wasting CS's space.

BTW, if y'all would accept ApplePay I would have donated more.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I normally don't think to donate until I see a thread like this, so feel free to bump this once or twice a year as needed.

Comment

Aren't there supposed to be gifts sent out for various donation levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Here kids, here is a nickel... Buy this server a new hard drive so I can give Hunter Biden colorful and well deserved adjectives once again and not have PAC gripe at me for wasting CS's space.

BTW, if y'all would accept ApplePay I would have donated more.
              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Aren't there supposed to be gifts sent out for various donation levels?
              Until midnight tonight, each donor will receive a free lifetime pass to use unlimited adjectives, despite being repetitive and unnecessary no matter how well-deserved, to describe the stupid sons of any presidential candidate. Act now!

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Until midnight tonight, each donor will receive a free lifetime pass to use unlimited adjectives, despite being repetitive and unnecessary no matter how well-deserved, to describe the stupid sons of any presidential candidate. Act now!
                fine print: midnight GMT
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    fine print: midnight GMT
                    Dammit.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Thank you very much for the generous donations received thus far. I appreciate your friendship and enjoy our little corner of the interwebs.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

please don’t come out of pocket for this, jl. i’m dumb and not thoughtful so a bump or this thread whenever donations would be helpful would be welcome.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          The fact that I post on the board and kind of run it? No.
                          The fact that I have been bankrolling it for a while? Yes.
                          :Rollie:

You can count on a donation from me, Jeffrey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            please don’t come out of pocket for this, jl. i’m dumb and not thoughtful so a bump or this thread whenever donations would be helpful would be welcome.
                            Completely agree, and as an addition, feel free to take all donations from this thread to reimburse yourself for any payments you have made (rather than set them aside for future costs), and to make a new request next month if funds are again depleted.
                            Last edited by Clark Addison; 05-23-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Completely agree, and as an addition, feel free to take all donations from this thread to reimburse yourself for any payments you have made (rather than set them aside for future costs), and to make a new request next month if funds are again depleted.
                              Speak for yourself!
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                              X