2020 College Football Thread (RIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    Baseball is playing as well. They have guidelines they have to meet for play.
    Lots less contact than football though.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Lots less contact than football though.
      Right. Not disputing that. But in California right now there are ZERO sports for High School and College...regardless of the amount of contact.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        How can the Rams, niners and chargers practice and play?
        The state department of public health created an express exception for professional sports training and competition (no live audiences).
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          The state department of public health created an express exception for professional sports training and competition (no live audiences).
          It’s like allowing Walmart to open as an essential business but not allowing other small businesses to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            It’s like allowing Walmart to open as an essential business but not allowing other small businesses to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Its called following the science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              The science of money...

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                No, but then, neither was Navy.
                I certainly hope they are a government and not a private institution.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I think it's clear that both the Dems and GOP couldn't care less about the science as long as the activity serves their own purpose...and by purpose I mean gives them power.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

"It was a setup!"
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Looks like COVID has started to clear up sooner than the B1G officials thought so it looks like it'll be safe to play football start in late October rather than waiting until Spring. I'd call it a miracle but it looks like the virus is still running rampant in WA/OR/CA so it's probably only safe for professional athletes to play football in those states (sorry PAC12).

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Looks like COVID has started to clear up sooner than the B1G officials thought so it looks like it'll be safe to play football start in late October rather than waiting until Spring. I'd call it a miracle but it looks like the virus is still running rampant in WA/OR/CA so it's probably only safe for professional athletes to play football in those states (sorry PAC12).
                        Apparently the Big 10 fans have Drumpf to thank....

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Larry Scott issued a release saying that the Puss12 will not be playing. Hope they all go bankrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            Larry Scott issued a release saying that the Puss12 will not be playing. Hope they all go bankrupt.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I guess my season tickets will get used in some capacity this fall. My guess is Halloween weekend.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aying-football
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• LOL. How pathetic is the P12?

They cancel the season right after the B10. PROTECT THE STUDENT ATHLETES!!

Since then, nary a word.

B10 realizes they were super dumb to protect the super athletes and want in on the action, so they announce they are back!

P12: "UUUHHH... YEAH! US TOO! WE HAVE PROTECTED OUR ATHLETES SUFFICIENTLY! WE HAVE CONVINCED OUR GOVERNORS TO CHANGE THEIR RULES FOR US! WE ARE BACK!!!!"

Seriously, so hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X