Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Bingo.

I have already accepted this. Going to spend my saturdays up at the lake this fall. And hunting.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Most indications are that a vaccine (or a couple vaccines) will be approved by the end of the year. Moderna is saying their trials should be done and the results handed to the FDA around Thanksgiving and today BioNTech announced they should have approval by December. Both are already building a supply of the vaccine for distribution if/when they get approval. Pushing out the start of the season from early September to late September won't make any difference at all to safety or in the ability to have fans in the stands. Granted now that we know the virus is rarely life threatening to young athletes one person testing positive won't shut everything down like it did when Gobert tested positive, but in football it'll be more than one person. And then when 3-4 starters and their backups get sick and can't play for four weeks, what will they do?

If college football wants to have a successful season, the only way to somewhat guarantee that is to move the season to the spring. But even then the conf only format might still linger. I wonder at what point does ESPN try to take the lead and force some of those non-conference games. I mean, an Oregon/tOSU matchup is a made for tv game but instead we are going to get tOSU beating up on all the patsies in the Big 10. My hope is that the ACC or SEC says that conf only play is BS and that teams that don't play outside their conf shouldn't be considered for the CFB playoff, but I know that is a pipe dream.
      Why do you think this? Haven't there already been a number of programs that have shut down practice/interaction because team members have tested positive?

Universities are going to be conservative when it comes to student safety. While the vast majority of 20-year-olds come through COVID very well, they still get sick and can pass it to others, including other students, university and team staff, instructors, and even the local community. Even worse, there are the rare very poor outcomes. One of those in any sport will shut things down comletely.

The NBA and MLB will say a lot about NFL and college football in the fall.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Why do you think this? Haven't there already been a number of programs that have shut down practice/interaction because team members have tested positive?

Universities are going to be conservative when it comes to student safety. While the vast majority of 20-year-olds come through COVID very well, they still get sick and can pass it to others, including other students, university and team staff, instructors, and even the local community. Even worse, there are the rare very poor outcomes. One of those in any sport will shut things down comletely.

The NBA and MLB will say a lot about NFL and college football in the fall.
        Because people are already testing positive and things aren’t shutting down for one person. It’s when clusters pop up that things shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Welp. There goes three more BYU games. We're down to seven now.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            BYU football fans suddenly becoming big proponents of more aggressive COVID economic shut down strategies.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Because people are already testing positive and things aren’t shutting down for one person. It’s when clusters pop up that things shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              But they are shutting down, and it is never limited to just one person. The NBA and MLB have the means to take the best shot at playing without shutting down again, but that is still very iffy.

Maryland suspends football workouts after nine test positive for coronavirus

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dule-look-like
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Lou Holtz is telling us that Southwest flight is going to be canceled.

If you don't have students, how in the world are you going to protect your football players? And with the rules and regulations they have in college football concerning the virus, it's just absolutely impossible to have football.
                  Now what does Lee Corso say? I'll go with the exact opposite.

Comment

Lou dropping some truth bombs. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So...any collision that you may have with any player, be in practice or a game, will require a 14 day quarantine for a positive COVID test.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...848300544?s=20

Good bye 2020 CFB.

Comment

And I can't figure out how to embed a fucking tweet. Is there an easy way to do it? Linking the URL doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          And I can't figure out how to embed a fucking tweet. Is there an easy way to do it? Linking the URL doesn't work.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            Go advanced, then use the Tweet tags. You have to remove everything from the URL except the long list of numbers at the end of the tweet.

"https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1285601159848300544?s=20" becomes

[exTWEET]1285601159848300544[/TWEETex]

Of course, you remove the "ex" from the tweet tags.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              C'mon Baldy, teach a man to fish.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                C'mon Baldy, teach a man to fish.
                                And rob you the opportunity? Nay, never.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X