Foyer Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foyer Artwork

The First Presidency decided that artwork of the Savior should be displayed in the foyers. All other distractions - display cases, bulletin boards, tables, and easels - need to be removed. They provided 22 pieces of artwork that are approved for display.

Nothing by Jon McNaughton made the cut.

big rip to the missionary plaque display. dumb change.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Does this mean no more bulletin boards filled with advertising for EFY, Temple Square Concert Series, BYU Online Classes, Education Week, Women's Week, etc. that the bishop gets mailed to him all of the time and then sends the clerk to staple to a bulletin board in the hallway?

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        big rip to the missionary plaque display. dumb change.
        Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Does this mean no more bulletin boards filled with advertising for EFY, Temple Square Concert Series, BYU Online Classes, Education Week, Women's Week, etc. that the bishop gets mailed to him all of the time and then sends the clerk to staple to a bulletin board in the hallway?
        Where does the hallway start and the foyer end?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe someday they'll bring back the only form of lobby decor I remember from my youth: an immense trophy case filled with all the swag received at many stake and regional tournaments.

Comment

No McNaughton but a Liz Lemon Swindle with well-trimmed beard Jesus made the list.

47821703-9FB4-4DCA-AA4F-DA1FF075094D.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Maybe someday they'll bring back the only form of lobby decor I remember from my youth: an immense trophy case filled with all the swag received at many stake and regional tournaments.
              Those were great. We had a team that actually went to the All-Church Tournament.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                No McNaughton but a Liz Lemon Swindle with well-trimmed beard Jesus made the list.

[ATTACH]10216[/ATTACH]
                The focus of that picture is the child, NOT Jesus. Fail!

All the other ones looked like they were representing a Jesus from one of the scriptural stories. I do not recall Jesus's ministry to Africa.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

All the other ones looked like they were representing a Jesus from one of the scriptural stories. I do not recall Jesus's ministry to Africa.
                  As soon as you stop treating the Book of Mormon so lightly, maybe we'll finally get that book of scripture!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    As soon as you stop treating the Book of Mormon so lightly, maybe we'll finally get that book of scripture!
                    Well played!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

i do not recall nordic jesus either, just the the 5’3” humpbacked palestinian he probably was
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Lots of people on this board don't seem to understand the distinction between a foyer and, say, the hallway where the Bishop's office is.

Comment

Congrats to you guys that live in the foyer. Big day for you.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Had to search a bit to find the approved paintings: https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...tinghouses.pdf

I would prefer to see more Carl Bloch and less Harry Anderson and Del Parsons

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              Lots of people on this board don't seem to understand the distinction between a foyer and, say, the hallway where the Bishop's office is.
                              To be fair, in some buildings there isn't a distinction. The bishop's office is practically across the foyer from the chapel doors.

Comment

Working...
                              X