Thread: Le tour 2020

Default Le tour 2020

So I guess it's official, the tour moves to start on the 29th of August. I guess if no races are held this year (other then the few held earlier) this could be very, very interesting. They mentioned on The Move how every year we get a good look at all the competitors in the week long races (Dauphine, swiss, etc.) and not having any real racing up until the start of the tour could make this one to remember. Plus, you typically have the guys that focus on the Giro and skip the tour, but it could be that everyone (at least the heavy GC guys) races the tour this year making for some pretty crazy, powerful teams with some super domestiques.

Color me intrigued by the thought of the tour being the first main race of the year.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    So I guess it's official, the tour moves to start on the 29th of August. I guess if no races are held this year (other then the few held earlier) this could be very, very interesting. They mentioned on The Move how every year we get a good look at all the competitors in the week long races (Dauphine, swiss, etc.) and not having any real racing up until the start of the tour could make this one to remember. Plus, you typically have the guys that focus on the Giro and skip the tour, but it could be that everyone (at least the heavy GC guys) races the tour this year making for some pretty crazy, powerful teams with some super domestiques.

Color me intrigued by the thought of the tour being the first main race of the year.
    That is interesting. I like the idea of a fall tour, but it will still be hot in August and September.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    That is interesting. I like the idea of a fall tour, but it will still be hot in August and September.
    I'm curious about the overlap between the Tour and the Vuelta, and who will ride each. Definitely no doubling up with them being so close to each other.