Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Last Dance - The Chicago Bulls

Default The Last Dance - The Chicago Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Science says the GOAT is LeBron. LeBron is a slightly better basketball player and a 100 times better person.
    Entirely disagree. Having watched them both and being able to see MJ again, to me, there is no doubt. MJ is the GOAT. There are many factors on what we all think makes a player the GOAT, stats, Championships, etc. For me, it is about titles and ability to just take over.

While giving Believland the title, he has yet to live to the same degree as MJ or even Magic. He has 3 and could not even get the amount we all thought in Miami with Wade and Posh.

He does not push players the way MJ did to make them better, and he’d rather give up the ball then take it in clutch. Lebron is not a selfish player but I think that killer instinct is not there to be given this label of GOAT. He even sees himself as a role player with MJ!!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...work-perfectly

Hell, MJ beat Utah in the last game with Pippen hardly able to play and many other times he just took over.

Until Lebron can even get to 6, not even agreeable imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 05-19-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Bitch, please. Russell was brought in to guard the toughest assignment every game. If you get crossed over or get posterized once in a while that is a sign that you are actually playing defense, unlike what LaBron does.

There is a whole YouTube compilation video of Rudy Gobert getting dunked on that his hater club exhibits as a sign he's a poor defender. GTFOH with that dumb ass low-IQ bullshit.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Bitch, please. Russell was brought in to guard the toughest assignment every game. If you get crossed over or get posterized once in a while that is a sign that you are actually playing defense, unlike what LaBron does.

There is a whole YouTube compilation video of Rudy Gobert getting dunked on that his hater club exhibits as a sign he's a poor defender. GTFOH with that dumb ass low-IQ bullshit.
    I loved Russell’s drive and how he played. And that awesome scar on the back of his head. Straight OG..

Princeps Inter Pares

Huh? No. You must have read just the headline of that article where the headline said he refused to participate in a 'Jordan puff piece' and then later agreed to an interview. It was great to hear from him and frankly he deserves the recognition on this kind of a stage. Malone was conspicuously absent, though. I can't believe Malone went on the Bulls' team bus and congratulated everybody. Either that's a mature individual or I took the loss way harder than he did.
    Yes, that is true.

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

When I started watching Last Dance I had tremendous respect for Michael Jordan's competitive nature and basketball talent, though I hated him and the Bulls because fuck them I love the Jazz. After 10 hours of Michael Jordan taking it personal I'm pretty much where I was when I began. He did win some points for calling Zeke an asshole.

This was a TIC comment back when the discussion was Jordan v Lebron as the GOAT (still going on ). I was a fan of Russell.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    When I started watching Last Dance I had tremendous respect for Michael Jordan's competitive nature and basketball talent, though I hated him and the Bulls because fuck them I love the Jazz. After 10 hours of Michael Jordan taking it personal I'm pretty much where I was when I began. He did win some points for calling Zeke an asshole.
    I'm halfway through it, so I'm still in the respect phase of his competitive nature. Don't mind his ability to hold a grudge, since so far it's just been against the Pistons and Clyde Drexler. Haven't gotten to his gambling addiction yet, which I'm sure will knock him down a few pegs for me.

Still a very good looking guy. I wish I could rock a hoop earring like that.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

In case you were wondering what MJ was listening to

Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Good table. Look at Wins Above Replacement. LeBron is number 1.

And that same table puts John Stockton as #2. If you think that is the determining factor..

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    And that same table puts John Stockton as #2. If you think that is the determining factor..
    I'll take it! Discussion over!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Default The Last Dance - The Chicago Bulls

As I've said before, I won't fault anyone for coming down on the side of MJ or Lebron in the GOAT debate (anyone who chooses someone other than those two is clearly wrong. And if you choose Wilt or Oscar Robertson, well, just GTFO and go catch COVID, thanks.) But the extent to which someone comes down on one side or another usually quickly exposes the extent of their bias and the soundness of their logic in reaching their conclusion.

In short, if you think MJ is the GOAT, I may disagree, but I don't think you're crazy to have such an opinion, because there is certainly a viable case to be made for MJ as the GOAT. But if your take is that MJ is the GOAT and it's not even close or up for debate, well, let's just say there are probably some reasons beyond the basketball court that have helped your reach your conclusion.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 05-20-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Pizza Guy comes out and calls BS on claim of food poisoning..

I do have to say. All this smoking, drinking etc., lends me to the same opinion.. BBall players do not need to be in top shape for their sport.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/20/s...ntl/index.html

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Pizza Guy comes out and calls BS on claim of food poisoning..

I do have to say. All this smoking, drinking etc., lends me to the same opinion.. BBall players do not need to be in top shape for their sport.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/20/s...ntl/index.html
    That's funny.

I guess this all confirms what we have known all along. MJ is a great basketball player and a terrible person.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    As I've said before, I won't fault anyone for coming down on the side of MJ or Lebron in the GOAT debate (anyone who chooses someone other than those two is clearly wrong. And if you choose Wilt or Oscar Robertson, well, just GTFO and go catch COVID, thanks.) But the extent to which someone comes down on one side or another usually quickly exposes the extent of their bias and the soundness of their logic in reaching their conclusion.

In short, if you think MJ is the GOAT, I may disagree, but I don't think you're crazy to have such an opinion, because there is certainly a viable case to be made for MJ as the GOAT. But if your take is that MJ is the GOAT and it's not even close or up for debate, well, let's just say there are probably some reasons beyond the basketball court that have helped your reach your conclusion.
    I like this post much better than when you were super mean to me.

Did somebody say something, or am I hearing things? Weird.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

https://twitter.com/E60/status/1263230392653492225?s=19

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I never considered Malone much of a Hillbilly, but with that hat and beard and that Southern Drawl... It was hard not too..

I also love his response..

OMG what? Malone was the biggest redneck IN Utah! Dude talks like a cajun straight out the bayou, drove an 18-wheeler around as his daily driver, hunted mountain lions with a handgun, and had about the most country-ass hair in the NBA until some saint convinced him to shave his head about 1996 after the Dream Team 2 in Atlanta. Dude belongs as an animatronic in Splash Mountain.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"