Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance - The Chicago Bulls

Default The Last Dance - The Chicago Bulls

The Last DanceĒ produced by ESPN and Netflix is amazing!!

I hated the Bulls but you cannot help but be in awe of MJ. I still believe he is The GOAT and looking back and seeing these old games just reinforces it.

This is not on Netflix but ESPN

One quote I found pretty cool was the praise MJ gave Pippen. Calling him the best partner any player could ever have. Something like that but I found it very cool considering the selfish persona of players right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 04-22-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    The Last Dance” produces by ESPN and Netflix is amazing!!

I hated the Bulls but you cannot help but be in awe of MJ. I still believe is is The GOAT and looking back and seeing these old games just reinforces it.

This is not on Netflix but ESPN

One quote I found pretty cool was the praise MJ gave Pippen. Calling him the best partner any player could ever have. Something like that but I found it very cool considering the selfish persona of players right now.

That was a fun era of the NBA. I'm not so enamored by it these days.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Jordan pushed off. Still bitter.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Jordan pushed off. Still bitter.
    Haha. Too true!

I’ll be watching! Good stuff. Loved the story about golfing with and losing money to Danny Ainge. MJ was great — second best basketball player of all time well behind LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I’ll be watching! Good stuff. Loved the story about golfing with and losing money to Danny Ainge. MJ was great — second best basketball player of all time well behind LeBron.

Crazy to think the Bulls dynasty probably never happens if Pippen doesn't agree to a long-term undervalue FA deal after his rookie contract expired. The Bulls basically got the benefit of a top 50 all time player for mid-level exception money.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Crazy to think the Bulls dynasty probably never happens if Pippen doesn't agree to a long-term undervalue FA deal after his rookie contract expired. The Bulls basically got the benefit of a top 50 all time player for mid-level exception money.
    Yes, this is so true. He got like 3 million a year, but he got paid in the end. I think he got like a (Correction: 4-year 66 million) million contract when he left the Bulls.

Last edited by dabrockster; 04-23-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Not watching on protest for 98.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Not watching on protest for 98.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

I'm hoping the final shot versus Russell is the ending scene of the doc. That would be the perfect ending, and we will go on pretending MJ's stint with the Wizards never happened.

LOL I'll tell you Jazz fans what I always told my cousins growing up: go ahead and believe Russel would have stopped Jordan if not for the pushoff if that makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    LOL I'll tell you Jazz fans what I always told my cousins growing up: go ahead and believe Russel would have stopped Jordan if not for the pushoff if that makes you feel better.

Says the referee. Maybe they just should have called the offensive foul and given the ball back to Utah.

FTR, I'm a die-hard Jazz fan who has recovered from the push off better than most. But before we go further down this path, and before I can decide what level of credence, if any, to give to your NBA-related opinions, I need to know your take on whether there is a legitimate debate to be had between re: Jordan vs. LeBron as GOAT.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I believe it! This is not to mention the Chicago basket earlier in the game that was granted and then the replay showed it was way after the buzzer.

#neverforget

I remember exactly where I was for game 6. Crazy.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.Ē
    - SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I believe it! This is not to mention the Chicago basket earlier in the game that was granted and then the replay showed it was way after the buzzer.

#neverforget
    Don't forget when Jordan fouled Malone while stripping the ball on the baseline.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Exactly.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I need to know your take on whether there is a legitimate debate to be had between re: Jordan vs. LeBron as GOAT.

If you want stats, look for LeBron.
    If you want rings, look for Russell.
    If you want MVPs, look for Kareem.
    If you want records, look for Wilt.
    If you want impact, look for Steph.
    If you want dominance in a position, look for Shaq.
    If you want perimeter defense, find Gary Payton.
    If you want athletics, find Kemp, Giannis or Malone.
    If you want greatness, look for Bird or Magic.
    If you want exquisite dunks, look for Carter, Dr. J or Wilkins.
    If you want a good Trash Talker, look for Garnett.
    If you want influence, look for Iverson.
    If you want remarkable scoring skills, look for Durant.
    If you want competitiveness, look for Kobe.
    If you want Impavidez at Clutch moment, look for Kobe again.

Now, if you want a good slice of all that fit to a single player, then look for Michael Jordan.

Says the referee. Maybe they just should have called the offensive foul and given the ball back to Utah.

FTR, I'm a die-hard Jazz fan who has recovered from the push off better than most. But before we go further down this path, and before I can decide what level of credence, if any, to give to your NBA-related opinions, I need to know your take on whether there is a legitimate debate to be had between re: Jordan vs. LeBron as GOAT.
    Jordan, and it's not really close. He certainly benefited from star treatment like any great player does, but he also was the greatest of all time when hand-checking was allowed, the Pistons had the Jordan Rules, and teams like the Knicks literally were allowed to knock him down to try to stop him. If you transported 90s Jordan to the present NBA, he would average 45 points a game with how defense is allowed today. If you transferred some of today's all stars back to the 90s, I'm not sure how they would hold up under that beating.

Also if Jordan had just played straight through and not taken either of his retirements, he probably would have won 10 rings in a row.

Also if Jordan had just played straight through and not taken either of his retirements, he probably would have won 10 rings in a row.
    He needed a break mentally and physically. I'm not altogether convinced he would have made it that long for 10 in a row...until I say, Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    He needed a break mentally and physically. I'm not altogether convinced he would have made it that long for 10 in a row...until I say, Michael Jordan.
    He was definitely lost after his dad was murdered and that changed everything for him after the first 3 peat. But say that tragedy doesn't happen...you really think he couldn't have kept it going and beaten that rockets team in 94 and 95? Maybe if he hadn't retired they wouldn't have been able to build the second 3 peat team that was better than the first. But my money would still by on Jordan making the run all the way through at least the strike shortened 99 season, which would have been 9 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    If you want stats, look for LeBron.
    If you want rings, look for Russell.
    If you want MVPs, look for Kareem.
    If you want records, look for Wilt.
    If you want impact, look for Steph.
    If you want dominance in a position, look for Shaq.
    If you want perimeter defense, find Gary Payton.
    If you want athletics, find Kemp, Giannis or Malone.
    If you want greatness, look for Bird or Magic.
    If you want exquisite dunks, look for Carter, Dr. J or Wilkins.
    If you want a good Trash Talker, look for Garnett.
    If you want influence, look for Iverson.
    If you want remarkable scoring skills, look for Durant.
    If you want competitiveness, look for Kobe.
    If you want Impavidez at Clutch moment, look for Kobe again.

Now, if you want a good slice of all that fit to a single player, then look for Michael Jordan.

Not sure what you are saying about Kobe in the clutch but Kobe (may he rest in peace)was not good in the clutch objectively speaking:

https://www.theballzone.com/2019/07/...-clutch-stats/

Jordan, and it's not really close. He certainly benefited from star treatment like any great player does, but he also was the greatest of all time when hand-checking was allowed, the Pistons had the Jordan Rules, and teams like the Knicks literally were allowed to knock him down to try to stop him. If you transported 90s Jordan to the present NBA, he would average 45 points a game with how defense is allowed today. If you transferred some of today's all stars back to the 90s, I'm not sure how they would hold up under that beating.

Yeah, Iím not sure how Lebron would have handled playing in the 90s. Since he is bigger, stronger, faster, and shoots at higher percentage from both 2 and 3 than MJ, itís hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yeah, I’m not sure how Lebron would have handled playing in the 90s. Since he is bigger, stronger, faster, and shoots at higher percentage from both 2 and 3 than MJ, it’s hard to predict.

And the kind of defense the league has allowed for the majority of LeBron's career has no bearing on his shooting % right? LeBron would have been very good in the 90s. But not better than Jordan. He's not better than Jordan now.

And the kind of defense the league has allowed for the majority of LeBron's career has no bearing on his shooting % right? LeBron would have been very good in the 90s. But not better than Jordan. He's not better than Jordan now.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...rp_career.html

Princeps Inter Pares

Well, that settles it. Karl Malone > Tim Duncan.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Jordan, and it's not really close.
    Thanks, Iíll just go ahead and ignore your NBA posts.

FTR, Iím not saying you have to conclude that LeBron is better or Jordan is better. But anyone who says itís a no brainer or it isnít close is just not being reasonable

Thanks, I’ll just go ahead and ignore your NBA posts.

FTR, I’m not saying you have to conclude that LeBron is better or Jordan is better. But anyone who says it’s a no brainer or it isn’t close is just not being reasonable
    I am in the Jordan camp, but it is absolutely a legit debate. I am no James fan, but he absolutely is in the discussion as the GOAT.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Thanks, Iíll just go ahead and ignore your NBA posts.

FTR, Iím not saying you have to conclude that LeBron is better or Jordan is better. But anyone who says itís a no brainer or it isnít close is just not being reasonable
    Agree with this 100%. The one thing I canít wrap my head around is the number or people who have Kobe being part of the GOAT discussion. I think an argument could be made for MJ, LBJ, Kareem and Russell. But Kobe is a level below them as well as Magic, Bird, and probably chamberlain.

Thanks, I’ll just go ahead and ignore your NBA posts.

FTR, I’m not saying you have to conclude that LeBron is better or Jordan is better. But anyone who says it’s a no brainer or it isn’t close is just not being reasonable
    You're only hurting yourself if you ignore my 0.25 NBA posts per year.

You're only hurting yourself if you ignore my 0.25 NBA posts per year.
    Like he'll even read this.