2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Won't happen, but I wonder how things would play out if Biden stepped up and acknowledged that he did, in fact, accost Ms. Reade, although not to the extent she described (the penetration thing is pretty disgusting, and unlikely given what sounded like a public venue). He should note that he did not intend his advances to be perceived as an assault, that he never repeated such behavior (if true), and that he remains deeply regretful of his actions. Since it was nearly 30 years ago, long before Me Too, and assuming other Tara Reades don't come forward, I think such a confession would be enough to satisfy most critics. And certainly if what he did is disqualifying, certainly Trump's long history of sexual assault and misconduct should be as well. But I suppose Ted and other Trump supporters will never see it that way. Weird.
      Nobody expects perfection or spotlessness. People also get misunderstandings or misguided motives. But what people hate is hypocrisy. This matters only because of the flimsy evidence against Kavanaugh and the lengths the left went to destroy him with it. I will vote for Biden regardless (unless he chooses Sanders as his running mate), but the double standard is disgusting. Not surprising, though.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

The Larry King call is interesting, but if you've been paying attention it seemed likely that she was telling the truth about making the complaint. The real question is whether the original allegation had any truth.

All the assholes who chose to believe the flakey hyper-partisan nutjob out of Palo Alto and gleefully joined in the attempt to ruin a man's life with a spotless reputation towards women during his career can either choose to be hypocrites or believe this woman.

All we have now from Reade is cooborating evidence that a complaint was made in 1993. She alleges that they were ignored. We have nothing, beyond Biden being a creepy hair-sniffer, that indicates Biden did what was alleged. Usually these guys do these kinds of things to more than just one woman.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          The Larry King call is interesting, but if you've been paying attention it seemed likely that she was telling the truth about making the complaint. The real question is whether the original allegation had any truth.
          Well, she did file a police report... Did the flakey hyper-partisan nutjob out of Palo Alto do that?

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          All the assholes who chose to believe the flakey hyper-partisan nutjob out of Palo Alto and gleefully joined in the attempt to ruin a man's life with a spotless reputation towards women during his career can either choose to be hypocrites or believe this woman.

All we have now from Reade is cooborating evidence that a complaint was made in 1993. She alleges that they were ignored. We have nothing, beyond Biden being a creepy hair-sniffer, that indicates Biden did what was alleged. Usually these guys do these kinds of things to more than just one woman.
          Creepy Uncle Joe has a record... and these are just the ones we know about and were caught on camera:

Here are all the times Joe Biden has been accused of acting inappropriately toward women and girls

• Former Vice President Joe Biden is the 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner, but he's faced some headwinds when it comes to his conduct toward women.
          • Eight women have alleged that Biden either touched them inappropriately or violated their personal space in ways that made them uncomfortable.
          • Biden has also been criticized for repeatedly commenting on the physical appearance of women on the campaign trail, and for refusing to explicitly apologize for his behavior.
          • Scroll down for a list of the allegations against Biden, as well as the encounters he's had with girls while campaigning.

[...]
          https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...ampaign-2019-6

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...zzm-story.html

But Joe went on The View and said he was sorry so it is all good. The women forgive him now:

Romney did worse things... he had binders full of women!
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

LOL... The DNC is most likely going to screw Bernie over again:

That should make the Bernie Bros happy.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Clinton's former adviser is calling on Biden to resign...

Reason #7:

7. #Bernie can restart his campaign.

#DropOutBiden#BringBackBernie.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Bernie Bros have been activated...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Biden forgot he was VP after he left the senate... Instead he thinks he was professor at Penn:

Sad. Someone please make this stop and get Joe the help he needs.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Pelosi endorses Biden... She doesn't believe all women:

Pelosi endorses Joe Biden for president, amid development in sexual assault claim

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., endorsed Joe Biden for president on Monday morning, becoming yet another high-profile Democrat to publicly back the party's presumptive nominee amid claims he sexually assaulted an aide in the 1990s. Biden's campaign has denied the claim.

"I'm proud to endorse Joe Biden for president of the United States because he will be an extraordinary president," Pelosi said in the video. "He knows how to get the job done."
                    [...]
                    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...rses-joe-biden

Nancy Pelosi’s Biden endorsement reeks of #MeToo hypocrisy

If Nancy Pelosi didn’t have double standards, she wouldn’t have any standards at all. At least, that’s what the speaker of the House’s Monday endorsement of Joe Biden for president suggests.
                    [...]
                    There’s just one glaring problem: Pelosi helped lead the charge to derail the nomination of conservative Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh due to an evidence-free sexual assault accusation. She has now endorsed Biden, who faces a similar and somewhat more substantiated accusation of sexual assault.
                    [...]
                    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...etoo-hypocrisy

0jtzwefmfyu41.jpg
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's happening!

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Another person corroborates Tara Reade's story... Maybe Biden should just drop out:

A former neighbor of Joe Biden's accuser Tara Reade has come forward to corroborate her sexual-assault account, saying Reade discussed the allegations in detail in the mid-1990s

• Tara Reade, a former staffer in Joe Biden's Senate office, has accused the Democratic presidential nominee of sexually assaulting her in a congressional hallway in 1993.
                        • Now Reade's former neighbor Lynda LaCasse, a Biden supporter, tells Insider that Reade told her about the alleged assault in detail in 1995 or 1996: "This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it."
                        • A former colleague of Reade's also told Insider that Reade talked in the mid-1990s of being sexually harassed by her former boss in Washington, DC.
                        • The women have come forward just days after video emerged of a woman that Reade says is her mother calling into CNN's Larry King Live in 1993 to talk about her daughter's "problems" with a prominent senator.
                        • Biden has not addressed the accusations, but a campaign spokesperson says they are false.
                        • Insider is making this exclusive story available for free to non-subscribers. To read our full interview with LaCasse about Reade's allegations — and to support our journalism — please click here and subscribe.

[...]

LaCasse told Insider that in 1995 or 1996, Reade told her she had been assaulted by Biden. "I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for and she idolized him," LaCasse said. "And he kind of put her up against a wall. And he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside her. She felt like she was assaulted, and she really didn't feel there was anything she could do."

LaCasse said that she remembers Reade getting emotional as she told the story. "She was crying," she said. "She was upset. And the more she talked about it, the more she started crying. I remember saying that she needed to file a police report." LaCasse said she does not recall whether Reade supplied any other details, like the location of the alleged assault or anything Biden may have said.

"I don't remember all the details," LaCasse said. "I remember the skirt. I remember the fingers. I remember she was devastated."
                        [...]
                        https://www.businessinsider.com/form...accuser-2020-4

Now CNN is finally getting onboard on reporting this...

Why Joe Biden needs to personally address Tara Reade's allegations

For weeks, allegations made by Tara Reade -- a former Senate staffer who says she was sexually assaulted by the then-Delaware senator in the early 1990s -- have been circulating in (mostly) conservative circles.

But, over the last few days, Reade's claim appears to have jumped to a new level when a call to Larry King's CNN show back in 1993 surfaced that purported to show Reade's mother asking King for advice about how to handle "problems" her daughter had while working for a prominent US senator.

"I'm wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?" the woman asks King. "My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

The woman does not mention Reade's name, her own name or that of Biden. Reade has told CNN that she is certain it is her mother's voice -- and some of the details of the call (it was from San Luis Obispo, California, where her mother lived at the time) seem to suggest it was indeed Reade's mother, who died a few years ago.
                        [...]
                        https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/polit...ate/index.html

How embarrassing... Pelosi just endorsed a rapist.

Who is going to be the Dem's candidate now? Bernie?

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-27-2020, 03:13 PM.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          It's happening!

Hey... Maybe Jesse could be the Dem's candidate!
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Hey... Maybe Jesse could be the Dem's candidate!
                            I guess I’d vote for Pinkman.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Oh no Joe... you may be in trouble now:

The #MeToo'ers have been activated.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oh NOES. Does this mean we're going to now take a hard look at the 25 credible Trump accusers, or are we grabbing them by the pussy and sweeping them under the rug again?
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X