No announcement yet.

2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Abrams says Biden needs to pick a woman of color as a running mate...

Stacey Abrams signals 'concern' if Biden's VP pick isn't a woman of color

Stacey Abrams said Wednesday that former Vice President Joe Biden should pick a woman of color to be his running mate in November.

Last month during the final Democratic primary debate with Sen. Bernie Sanders, Biden committed to selecting a female running mate. The former vice president and presumptive Democratic nominee has further indicated he might seek out a woman of color to join his ticket.
      [...]
      Still, she continued, “I would share your concern about not picking a woman of color because women of color — particularly black women — are the strongest part of the Democratic Party, the most loyal, but that loyalty isn't simply how we vote. It's how we work, and if we want to signal that that work will continue, that we're going to reach not just to certain segments of our community, but to the entire country, then we need a ticket that reflects the diversity of America.”
      [...]
      https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-for-vp-201209

Hey, maybe Liz Warren would be a good pick.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Where are all these dumb people getting the idea that Drumpf wants to inject you with bleach? At one time it was tempting for young dems to eat tide pods but I watched the video clip of his press conference and it seems to me Drumpf is talking about using UV light as a disinfectant. He doesn't mention bleach. I was a little concerned about the president suggesting that UV light could be used internally but after doing some research it does look like a possible treatment maybe:

How Can Light Kill Viruses?
        [...]
        Since then, research on use of lasers against viruses has continued. Eventually, it might be possible to use lasers to cleanse blood samples of viruses and other pathogens, making them safer to handle. Laser therapy might also be combined with blood dialysis treatments. In that approach, blood would be cycled out of a patient's body, lasers could eliminate any pathogens in the blood and the blood would be cycled back in. As this study, published in November 2019 by the National Institutes of Health, describes, it eventually might be possible to employ lasers to inactivate influenza viruses, so that they used to produce more effective vaccines.
        [...]
        https://science.howstuffworks.com/li...ight-virus.htm

also:
        https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122858/

I have some high powered UV lights in my forced air system at our home. They seem to do a good job keeping the air circulating in our home clear of pathogens and mold. At least since we have installed them we get sick a lot less often. If they kill those basturd Covid-19 viruses too then they are well worth my investment. However, I am not going to try sticking one of those UV light tubes up my butt. That sounds like something a dumb dem would do.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Where are all these dumb people getting the idea that Drumpf wants to inject you with bleach? At one time it was tempting for young dems to eat tide pods but I watched the video clip of his press conference and it seems to me Drumpf is talking about using UV light as a disinfectant. He doesn't mention bleach. I was a little concerned about the president suggesting that UV light could be used internally but after doing some research it does look like a possible treatment maybe:

also:

I have some high powered UV lights in my forced air system at our home. They seem to do a good job keeping the air circulating in our home clear of pathogens and mold. At least since we have installed them we get sick a lot less often. If they kill those basturd Covid-19 viruses too then they are well worth my investment. However, I am not going to try sticking one of those UV light tubes up my butt. That sounds like something a dumb dem would do.
          Yeah I'm sure trump was thinking of that NIH study when he was talking about "using light...either through the skin or some other way." He just forgot the name of the study because he reads so many of them.

Comment

also:

Kudos to you if you can watch that clip and honestly come up with a flattering portrayal of Trump.

Just mail in your vote for Trump already and be done with it!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Kudos to you if you can watch that clip and honestly come up with a flattering portrayal of Trump.
              Yeah, I didn't hear Drumpf say he was going to inject people with bleach... y'all might want to have your hearing checked.

Just mail in your vote for Trump already and be done with it!
              I guess you didn't hear this either... Biden says to "mark his words" and that Drumpf is going to kick back the election and closing the post offices!

Someone needs to stop that madman! :foilhat: :yikes:

So take it to the bank... there isn't going to be an election. Drumpf is making himself king.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't hear Drumpf say he was going to inject people with bleach... y'all might want to have your hearing checked.

I guess you didn't hear this either... Biden says to "mark his words" and that Drumpf is going to kick back the election and closing the post offices!

Someone needs to stop that madman! :foilhat: :yikes:

So take it to the bank... there isn't going to be an election. Drumpf is making himself king.
                If your scrutiny of the media’s response to Trump is much more vigorous than Trump’s own words, then you have a problem.

He didn’t say bleach. Who the hell cares? Were his actual words much better than that?
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Ted, you don't need to defend/rationalize every dumb thing Trump says. That must be exhausting.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Ted, you don't need to defend/rationalize every dumb thing Trump says. That must be exhausting.
                    Its no effort. It is simply in the programming. TED has a super processor approaching quantum computing power when it comes to Trump.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I am just getting a kick out of y’all going crazy thinking that Drumpf told you to drink bleach. Too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am just getting a kick out of y’all going crazy thinking that Drumpf told you to drink bleach. Too funny.

yep didn't say bleach...he said disinfectant by injection and was referring to light, but was so muddled and rambling that it is easily misunderstood as most people don't think of certain light spectrum as a disinfectant, but you knew this and your algorithm will have some other links ready I am sure.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Oh shit

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status...538427904?s=21
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Creepy uncle joe just couldn’t keep his hands to himself, could he? I guess Hillary is going to need to run now to save the Dems from another four year of Drumpf.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Won't happen, but I wonder how things would play out if Biden stepped up and acknowledged that he did, in fact, accost Ms. Reade, although not to the extent she described (the penetration thing is pretty disgusting, and unlikely given what sounded like a public venue). He should note that he did not intend his advances to be perceived as an assault, that he never repeated such behavior (if true), and that he remains deeply regretful of his actions. Since it was nearly 30 years ago, long before Me Too, and assuming other Tara Reades don't come forward, I think such a confession would be enough to satisfy most critics. And certainly if what he did is disqualifying, certainly Trump's long history of sexual assault and misconduct should be as well. But I suppose Ted and other Trump supporters will never see it that way. Weird.

Comment

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X