2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    so, the problem is that in the past the media has reported on stories you viewed to be unsubstantiated. now that there is a story that you like but is admittedly unsubstantiated, you want them to report on that too. am i getting that right? that the desired outcome here is for the media to report on something that is unverifiable?

the hilarious part in all of this is that rudy will not release the hard drive, any metadata or any other way to independently and conclusively verify this shit to anybody in the media. if you trust rudy to be the gatekeeper of verification here, you're going to get skunked. i suspect the biden campaign is silent on this because they know it's not true and are waiting for the right time to shit over rudy and trump, who together don't have the horsepower to understand what the borat and the babylon bee are. numbskulls. you are being duped.
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't purposefully misrepresenting my arguments in your zeal to demonstrate your rightness.

My points are:

-the win-win strategy by the Trump campaign is to either make Biden look bad via the emails etc. or to expose the double standard of the national media

-rightly or wrongly, the national media has a double standard

-by not addressing the story, it's a bigger story than it would have been.

That's it. That's what I'm saying. I never said what stories I like or don't like. I never said I trust Rudy or that the emails are true, I never said I'm worried about Biden's family but not Trump's. I appreciate your arguments but maybe be a little less dickish about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Update to how polls look in 2020 compared to 2016

13 days before election: national polls -- Biden up 8.5, Clinton up 5.6; six key battleground states -- Biden up by 4 points, Clinton by 4.1
      12 days before election: national polls -- Biden up 7.9, Clinton up 4.6; six key battleground states -- Biden up by 4.1 points, Clinton by 3.8
      I found this interesting this morning:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/pr...ore-the-debate

It shows that if there is a polling error this year that is the same as it was in 2016, Biden would still win. The polls will have to be more wrong than in 2016 for Trump to win. Not sure what polls they are using to calculate the error from 2016 though.

Comment

what do you mean instead of investigating the story? they have requested copies of the hard drive from rudy and the trump folks, who have refused to give it to them. they have requested shots of the emails including the message metadata--nothing. the fbi allegedly has a copy of the hard drive. silence. it's not smothering a story to refuse to run one with the provenance you'd have to be a window licking, tinfoil hat wearing dipshit to begin to countenance believing; a story in which guy whose large cash flow is a key fact (a) doesn't just buy a new macbook, (b) takes them to somewhere that's not the apple store, (c) does not have his drive protected by the built-in apple encryption some of our esteemed posters here can tell you a lot about, (d) forgets this laptop full of pictures of him smoking crack and smoking gun text messages proving that his dad may have taken a meeting or even had some kind of equity interest in an international business while a private citizen (gasp!). oh, and by the way, the trump-loving owner of this independent computer repair store conveniently has some kind of vision disease and can't identify the person who actually dropped the laptops off. get the fuck out of here. if you believe any single aspect of this, you should be sterilized and never be allowed to vote again.

by the way, if we're worried about conflicts in office, why don't we start worrying about jared, ivanka, large sums allocated to trump resorts, currently outstanding trump projects in countries that are geopolitical enemies, etc.?
        This might represent an ethical dilemma to a certain poster. On the one hand, touting how awesome Apple is helps his bottom line. On the other hand, well, you know, kooky conspiracy posting!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

so, the problem is that in the past the media has reported on stories you viewed to be unsubstantiated. now that there is a story that you like but is admittedly unsubstantiated, you want them to report on that too. am i getting that right? that the desired outcome here is for the media to report on something that is unverifiable?

the hilarious part in all of this is that rudy will not release the hard drive, any metadata or any other way to independently and conclusively verify this shit to anybody in the media. if you trust rudy to be the gatekeeper of verification here, you're going to get skunked. i suspect the biden campaign is silent on this because they know it's not true and are waiting for the right time to shit over rudy and trump, who together don't have the horsepower to understand what the borat and the babylon bee are. numbskulls. you are being duped.
          Doesn't the FBI have an image of the hard drive? Maybe a letter from the FBI director could clear this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
            I appreciate your arguments but maybe be a little less dickish about it.
            You realize you’re talking to OG here. That is like asking Clack to be less weird or Ted to post less links.
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• I really think the least contested question here is whether the hard drive is fake.

Rudy Giuliani is a lawyer. He can’t concoct fake evidence.

Why hasn’t the Biden campaign issued any denials?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I really think the least contested question here is whether the hard drive is fake.

Rudy Giuliani is a lawyer. He can’t concoct fake evidence.

Why hasn’t the Biden campaign issued any denials?
                yes, how could he, an officer of the court, engage in such chicanery???
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• This debate is much more tolerable. Biden doesn't sound sleepy or incoherent. Trump is hitting all the points his supporters want to hear.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    This debate is much more tolerable. Biden doesn't sound sleepy or incoherent. Trump is hitting all the points his supporters want to hear.
                    Yeah, night and day different.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• WTF.. BidenCare [emoji2357]

Hard Pass..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got a legit chuckle out of Trump’s concocted explanation that his $750 in 2017 taxes is because he prepaid millions in taxes.

Savvy businessmen everywhere: “Taxes deferred is money saved.”

Trump: “I like to prepay my taxes by the tens of millions.”
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• She seems to let Biden talk without interrupting him more so than Trump.. I

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            She seems to let Biden talk without interrupting him more so than Trump.. I

Because Trump keeps going over his allotted time.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              She seems to let Biden talk without interrupting him more so than Trump.. I

you are definitely the dumbest person on this or any other byu chat blog and it is not close. truly shocking that they let you drive a car.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Wind kills all the birds. [emoji28]

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X