2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't know how it works. But if Joe really has dementia, how much if a stretch is it?
    Convincing 2/3 of both the senate and house is a big stretch. You would have to convince a significant number of republican senators that he is incapacitated enough to get the more liberal VP in power. And a significant number of centrist democrats who would much rather ride it out with Biden than to take electoral chances with a liberal candidate on the top of the ticket. I don't buy it.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Yeah, I honestly don't know how it works. But if Joe really has dementia, how much if a stretch is it?
      I'd say quite a stretch, since Joe Biden isn't a psycho. We had a Reagan in office who was already symptomatic with Alzheimer's and his administration held it together ok.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        What is the role of the federal government and what is the role of state government in all of this? Frankly, I've been pretty happy with Utah's response overall and been much happier dealing with that response than I would've been from what I've seen in some other areas. I've felt like it's a good mix of sensible and cautious.

I think Trump's messaging has been a train wreck as it relates to COVID - but how much decision-making is he really doing and how much is being done by individual states? The fact that the state responses we see from one to the next are so different leads me to believe that while Trump hasn't been stellar during COVID, far greater responsibility lies with the decisions that mayors, governors, and state legislatures have made - as they are the ones making 90% of the decisions in their areas.

Like I said - I don't think Trump has been stellar by any means. But it has been irritating to see guys like Cuomo place blame on Trump for every and anything that went wrong with the COVID-19 response, and then take credit for everything and anything that goes right. When in reality, Cuomo has been making 90% of the decisions.

To the degree that Trump has influenced the interpretation of data and information coming from the doctors and the CDC and which is being used to make decisions by state and local leaders - he gets all of the blame for that. But even then, it seems like Fauci has been able to say what he wants to say for the most part. Trump has given his interpretation or own opinion - but has he told Fauci what to say? I don't know.
        Trump has consistently undermined and contradicted the information and recommendations coming from the experts. He's simultaneously praised and criticized individual governors for the same action. He's emboldened and encouraged the anti-mask protestors while retweeting calls to fire Fauci. Any hope of a focused, unified response to the pandemic has long since died. NZ put the clamps on that shit by mandating a 4-week lockdown-- about 2 covid cycles-- and pausing rent and mortgages for 2 months while issuing a lockdown fund. Now they're done. Trump couldn't even decide out loud whether it was a Democratic hoax, a real virus that China has done a great job locking down, a virus that was spread through China's negligence, or a virus that doesn't hurt anyone and let's reopen now. He's a fucking joke.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Kanye does Kanye

For the other candidates, I just gracefully suggest y’all bow out—Trump and Biden, gracefully bow out. It’s God’s country, we are doing everything in service to God, nobody but God no more. I am in service of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and I put everything I get on the line to serve God.”

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Probably doesn’t have anything to do with population density right?
              I was just thinking, probably the only significant difference between those groups of states is the political party of their leadership.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                That seemed like a private conversation. I'm not sure I should have been watching that.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Oh no, Dems want to tear down America!!!!!

[ATTACH]10350[/ATTACH]
                  That's funny. She wants to dismantle "the whole system of oppression, wherever we find it." And the tweeters response is "DEMS WANT TO OUR ENTIRE SYSTEM!" Got to keep that oppression system in place!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sean Hannity is such an idiot.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      That's funny. She wants to dismantle "the whole system of oppression, wherever we find it." And the tweeters response is "DEMS WANT TO OUR ENTIRE SYSTEM!" Got to keep that oppression system in place!
                      But keeping that oppression system in place is part of our culture. Don't threaten our culture!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                        ON DEMOCRATS

“That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all Black people need to be Democrat and to assume that me running is me splitting the vote. All of that information is being charged up on social media platforms by Democrats. And Democrats used to tell me, the same Democrats have threatened me. . . . The reason why this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. I was told that if I voted on Trump my music career would be over. I was threatened into being in one party. I was threatened as a celebrity into being in one party. I was threatened as a Black man into the Democratic party. And that’s what the Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a Black man if you don’t vote for me, you’re not Black.”
                        LOL.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

He's just gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              He's just gross.
                              Kelly Anne agrees!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                I would be very interested to hear her define what she believes is "the whole system of oppression". The definition of things are very fluid at the moment in certain circles.

Comment

Working...
                                X