No announcement yet.

2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a much better debate. The expectations for Trump were not to throw tantrums, so he did ‘well’. He did have a few good retorts. Biden had low expectations as well, thanks to Trump’s ridiculous strategy. He didn’t drool over himself, so he won.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Does Biden not know about the internet? He’s absolutely in record saying he’ll ban fracking. That’s not disputable at all. Now he’s changed that stance and depending on where he campaigns he either talks about only banning fracking in federal lands or he denies he’s ban it.

Biden seemed a bit slower tonight and Trump was more respectful (very low bar). It’ll be interesting to see what happens after this but a lot of people have already voted so it might not matter anyway.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Because Trump keeps going over his allotted time.
        I was speaking more towards the back-and-forth where it seemed she allowed Biden less interruptions.. Was not during the allotted time but during the time to respond.

This was more tolerable all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by dabrockster; 10-22-2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Does Biden not know about the internet? He’s absolutely in record saying he’ll ban fracking. That’s not disputable at all. Now he’s changed that stance and depending on where he campaigns he either talks about only banning fracking in federal lands or he denies he’s ban it.

Biden seemed a bit slower tonight and Trump was more respectful (very low bar). It’ll be interesting to see what happens after this but a lot of people have already voted so it might not matter anyway.
          Trump also seemed much more prepared tonight and had obvious talking points.

Maybe ABC gave Trump the debate questions???

[Insert crooked Repubs picture and/or link here]
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            you are definitely the dumbest person on this or any other byu chat blog and it is not close. truly shocking that they let you drive a car.
            I will refrain from any outburst but just state that your mean-spirited insults are uncalled for in relation to my posts which you seek out to try and humiliate me. I do not know you nor what day I pissed in your Wheaties but I would appreciate it if you would just take the higher road and just ignore me going forward.

Last edited by dabrockster; 10-22-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Does Biden not know about the internet? He’s absolutely in record saying he’ll ban fracking. That’s not disputable at all. Now he’s changed that stance and depending on where he campaigns he either talks about only banning fracking in federal lands or he denies he’s ban it.

Give Joe a break, man... he suffers from dementia and most likely doesn't remember he said he will ban fracking. It is very sad that his family is making him do this but I guess Hunter needs the money for his habits.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Trump also seemed much more prepared tonight and had obvious talking points.

Maybe ABC gave Trump the debate questions???

[Insert crooked Repubs picture and/or link here]
                If he had spoke like this ( And I mean not being disrespectful and bullish.)during the first debate I wonder where he would be in the Polls. I think he would still be down but likely would have moved a little..

Comment

Wind kills all the birds. [emoji28]
                  Yes, wind turbines do kill birds but so do cats... I wouldn't mind getting rid of cats, however.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Yes, wind turbines do kill birds but so do cats... I wouldn't mind getting rid of cats, however.
                    ALL the birds. They kill all the birds.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

ALL the birds. They kill all the birds.
                      Including chickens? And turkeys?

... I guess that means brisket for thanksgiving after all. Oh well.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Including chickens? And turkeys?

... I guess that means brisket for thanksgiving after all. Oh well.
                        Too bad for all those bros planning on a lean bulk this winter.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ted's reference to cats was correct, although cats are a tad more lethal than wind turbines. Cats are believed to kill 2-4 Billion birds a year. Another billion or so die by flying into windows. Wind turbines kill somewhere between 200K and 500K birds a year. Cell towers kill at least 10x as many birds as do wind turbines. Why Trump keeps bringing up turbine bird kills is baffling. But then, Trump...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            Ted's reference to cats was correct, although cats are a tad more lethal than wind turbines. Cats are believed to kill 2-4 Billion birds a year. Another billion or so die by flying into windows. Wind turbines kill somewhere between 200K and 500K birds a year. Cell towers kill at least 10x as many birds as do wind turbines. Why Trump keeps bringing up turbine bird kills is baffling. But then, Trump...
                            The problem with wind is that it can't replace fossil fuels. Note the rolling blackouts in California this year.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              The problem with wind is that it can't replace fossil fuels. Note the rolling blackouts in California this year.
                              Yeah, my post suggests I'm a big fan of wind power, but I'm not. Given my druthers, we would have been far more aggressive with nuclear over the past 10-20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Yeah, my post suggests I'm a big fan of wind power, but I'm not. Given my druthers, we would have been far more aggressive with nuclear over the past 10-20 years.
                                We could just ban fossil fuels and sentence billions of people to death within 30 days. I'm sure many environmentalists would be on board with that. The movement has a long history of supporting genocide, eugenics, and ethnic cleansing.

E.g., http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...racist-history
                                Last edited by SeattleUte; 10-22-2020, 10:28 PM.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X