2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Narrator: absentee voting and mail-in voting are synonyms.
    I was going to ask - did Trump identify the difference? Because I'm not sure I can see one.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I'm a big procrastinator. In Idaho you can register to vote AT the polls. (at least you used to could). That's the opposite of voter disenfranchisement and it's a good idea. I liked showing up and voting all casual and sh*t.
    This is my problem - procrastinating. I usually don't fill out the ballot right when it arrives to do the mail in, because I want to see what the candidates are saying as the poll day approaches. The problem is, it's not uncommon for me to then lose the ballot somewhere. Honestly, it's probably stolen by some Dem operative who is trying to steal the election.

Anyway...I like the option of being able to go to the poll for when I've lost my ballot and still want to participate in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I was going to ask - did Trump identify the difference? Because I'm not sure I can see one.
      lol. One is good and one is a threat to our way of life. Oh and the Chinese have been pouring billions into our economy via tariffs.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm a donor to The Lincoln Project and have liked a lot of their videos. Even the mediocre ones are good because they obviously get under Trump's skin. This six-minute video starring Stephen Root is only so-so, and could have been a lot better. Among other things, they should have mentioned Trump's promises about reducing the deficit, and possibly eliminating the national debt, and at the end of the video, before the plug is pulled, they should have talked about Trump's promises of cheaper, better, and universal health care, telling the guy that instead the ACA coverage he had had been terminated.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I'm a donor to The Lincoln Project and have liked a lot of their videos. Even the mediocre ones are good because they obviously get under Trump's skin. This six-minute video starring Stephen Root is only so-so, and could have been a lot better. Among other things, they should have mentioned Trump's promises about reducing the deficit, and possibly eliminating the national debt, and at the end of the video, before the plug is pulled, they should have talked about Trump's promises of cheaper, better, and universal health care, telling the guy that instead the ACA coverage he had had been terminated.

That's pretty good. The whole "now we can't find" paper towels made me laugh.

A wise use of your money.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This one got me.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Absentee voting is for people that are out of the state or country at the time of the election and therefore can't vote. Mail in voting is for lazy people.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Oh and the Chinese have been pouring billions into our economy via tariffs.

Comment

• OMG... Some crazy Drumpf'er is putting Drumpf 2020 stickers on bears!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    OMG... Some crazy Drumpf'er is putting Drumpf 2020 stickers on bears!

That’s hilarious.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Number one threat to America.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• I cannot understand why Bass is even on the list.

Don't mess this up, Joe.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Absentee voting is for people that are out of the state or country at the time of the election and therefore can't vote. Mail in voting is for lazy people.
                          Gotcha. Mail in voting is for people like me. Absentee voting is for people like Trump, who may be staying at one of their many other vacation resorts or homes out of down during the election and need to be able to vote still.

I liked some of the initial stuff coming out from the Lincoln Project. But I'll be honest - I have contempt for smug and disingenuous advertising from both sides of the political spectrum. The Saved by the Bell one was funny, if crass. The Wake Up short mixes in enough of the disingenuous stuff and exaggerations that in my mind you could use the Saved by the Bell PSA to describe it.

Comment

Gotcha. Mail in voting is for people like me. Absentee voting is for people like Trump, who may be staying at one of their many other vacation resorts or homes out of down during the election and need to be able to vote still.

I liked some of the initial stuff coming out from the Lincoln Project. But I'll be honest - I have contempt for smug and disingenuous advertising from both sides of the political spectrum. The Saved by the Bell one was funny, if crass. The Wake Up short mixes in enough of the disingenuous stuff and exaggerations that in my mind you could use the Saved by the Bell PSA to describe it.
                            I think the Lincoln Project is primarily targeting Trump himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              Bingo.

That's their stated purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                                Read that WaPo piece on the Lincoln Project. They specifically buy ad time in D.C. and places Trump is. They are basically trying to derail Trump's whole campaign via psychological warfare-- they notice that every time they do something that gets under his skin he is off his game for 3-4 days and can't help but respond in one way or another- much to his administration and campaign's dismay.
                                Last edited by Commando; 08-04-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X