2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Yes, 2000 was even closer. And Al Gore would have been a horrible president. No regrets there.
    I voted for Bush with my enthusiastic 22-year old Republican heart. I like Bush, but I think Al would have acquitted himself admirably.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I voted for Bush with my enthusiastic 22-year old Republican heart. I like Bush, but I think Al would have acquitted himself admirably.
      Nothing he has done since than has been very impressive. He's gotten generationally rich on the climate change train.

Comment

Nothing he has done since than has been very impressive. He's gotten generationally rich on the climate change train.
        I mean... what has any president done that's been impressive. Clinton's been pretty active...
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I'm impressed with how he's gotten generationally rich on the climate change train. But the allegation of him begging a massage therapist for a release of his second chakra is hilariously symbolic.

Comment

• Thus far, all of the actions filed by the Trump campaign have been remarkably devoid of any evidence-backed claims. It's been fun reading commentaries from legal analysts, and I particularly liked this jab from Justin Levitt, a law prof at Loyola:
            A lawsuit without provable facts showing a statutory or constitutional violation is just a tweet with a filing fee.
            And I continue to enjoy the daily entreaties from the Trump campaign, the most recent from the President himself! It begins with "[PAC], you've always been one of my strongest supporters..." Clearly not a student of my posts. It goes on to promise the highest matching contribution yet (10x!!!), which is always weird. I've never understood the matching thing, other than I assume it induces idiots to believe the multiplier is real. You mean if I don't kick in, the matching funds just evaporate?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Thus far, all of the actions filed by the Trump campaign have been remarkably devoid of any evidence-backed claims. It's been fun reading commentaries from legal analysts, and I particularly liked this jab from Justin Levitt, a law prof at Loyola:

And I continue to enjoy the daily entreaties from the Trump campaign, the most recent from the President himself! It begins with "[PAC], you've always been one of my strongest supporters..." Clearly not a student of my posts. It goes on to promise the highest matching contribution yet (10x!!!), which is always weird. I've never understood the matching thing, other than I assume it induces idiots to believe the multiplier is real. You mean if I don't kick in, the matching funds just evaporate?
              Why are you wasting your time reading “legal analysis” of what is just posturing and trolling?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I'm impressed with how he's gotten generationally rich on the climate change train. But the allegation of him begging a massage therapist for a release of his second chakra is hilariously symbolic.
                Damn it Y! I had to look up the word “chakra” and now my wife is ticked!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Why are you wasting your time reading “legal analysis” of what is just posturing and trolling?
                  Most of the time it makes me feel better about myself. I need validation!

Comment

• I wish the rats were jumping off the sinking ship. Unfortunately, the GOP leadership is just saying really dumb things. I have to wonder what the closed door meetings are like.

Comment

I wish the rats were jumping off the sinking ship. Unfortunately, the GOP leadership is just saying really dumb things. I have to wonder what the closed door meetings are like.
                      Who are we defining as the GOP leadership? McConnell?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        Are there GOP leaders somewhere who aren’t saying dumb things? Boy will they be in trouble.

Comment

McConnell and the other 47 GOP senators that haven't acknowledged the results of the election.

The more I think about it, I think the runoff in Georgia is putting Republicans in a bad spot. Break fro. Trump and they risk alienating the voters they need to keep the Senate majority. Hell of a spot Trump has put them in. I'd love to have no ear in the closed door GOP meetings the last few days.

Comment

McConnell and the other 47 GOP senators that haven't acknowledged the results of the election.

The more I think about it, I think the runoff in Georgia is putting Republicans in a bad spot. Break fro. Trump and they risk alienating the voters they need to keep the Senate majority. Hell of a spot Trump has put them in. I'd love to have no ear in the closed door GOP meetings the last few days.
                            Clearly that is what McConnell is doing. He will play the game, carefully not taking a definitive stand either way until the runoff. McConnell is the shrewdest person in Congress. The GOP leaders in the House lack his discipline and will continue to look foolish.

Comment

• 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              I'd love to have no ear in the closed door GOP meetings the last few days.
                              Well, i think you got what you wanted.
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Clearly that is what McConnell is doing. He will play the game, carefully not taking a definitive stand either way until the runoff. McConnell is the shrewdest person in Congress. The GOP leaders in the House lack his discipline and will continue to look foolish.
                                I dunno. A good message to get out the GOP vote in the Senate runoff elections is to acknowledge Trump's defeat and tell Georgia GOP voters that they need to rally and vote or the GOP will lose the Senate giving Democrats almost total control. I think McConnell and other leaders in the GOP are just waiting out Trump's temper tantrum - giving him some time and space and perhaps a chance to not lose face although I think that ship sailed long ago.
                                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                                X