2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Here we go. Trump would never actually say this, would he? Fake news I'm sure!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/polit...ity/index.html
    Why would repu a want to delay Election Day just because of a virus that is less lethal than the flu? They are living in fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Why would repu a want to delay Election Day just because of a virus that is less lethal than the flu? They are living in fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The current excuse on CB is that he's throwing out something crazy like postponing the election to help make the case for eliminating/limiting mail-in voting.

Or he's just scared. He says the polls all lie, except he believes them probably more than his supporters do. He and his campaign know it's not going well. His true believers are hanging their hope on how that he broke all the norms and won in 2016 while ignoring that his crazy rhetoric in the 2018 campaign -- "Central American gangs are coming to kill you!" did nothing except ensure GOP defeat in every swing district in the country.
      Last edited by BlueK; 07-30-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        The current excuse on CB is that he's throwing out something crazy like postponing the election to help make the case for eliminating/limiting mail-in voting.

Or he's just scared. He says the polls all lie, except he believes them probably more than his supporters do. He and his campaign know it's not going well. His true believers are hanging their hope on how that he broke all the norms and won in 2016 while ignoring that his crazy rhetoric in the 2018 campaign -- "Central American gangs are coming to kill you!" did nothing except ensure GOP defeat in every swing district in the country.
        I was pointing out the irony of the repubs that day we shouldn’t fear COVID but then are now worried about voting.

IMHO, the election should go on as normal with polling places open for voting. People should wear masks. Masks work in stores, planes and protests and they’ll work in voting locations.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I was pointing out the irony of the repubs that day we shouldn’t fear COVID but then are now worried about voting.

IMHO, the election should go on as normal with polling places open for voting. People should wear masks. Masks work in stores, planes and protests and they’ll work in voting locations.
          To be fair, it just seems like its the Republican in Chief that is worried about voting. The rest of the Republican leadership has said there's no way the election will be pushed back.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Mail-in voting is awesome. So much easier and convenient than going to a polling place and standing in line. I get my ballot, research the choices, mark it up, and drop it in the mail. Easy-peasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
              Mail-in voting is awesome. So much easier and convenient than going to a polling place and standing in line. I get my ballot, research the choices, mark it up, and drop it in the mail. Easy-peasy.
              Then the post office opens it up, changes all the votes to Dems, and sends it along.

Easy-peasy.
              Last edited by myboynoah; 07-30-2020, 03:31 PM.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                Mail-in voting is awesome. So much easier and convenient than going to a polling place and standing in line. I get my ballot, research the choices, mark it up, and drop it in the mail. Easy-peasy.
                Agreed. It is wonderful. Utah is a leader in mail-in voting.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I voted yesterday in my primaries. It was great- I did some quick research on the candidates running for city council from my kitchen table, and then filled it out and mailed it in.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mail in voting is great and I signed up for it years ago.

Oregon, Colorado, and Washington have been exclusively mail-in voting for a while now and have high voter turnout rates (must be voter fraud):

https://www.bustle.com/life/triller-...tok-competitor

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      Mail in voting is great and I signed up for it years ago.

Oregon, Colorado, and Washington have been exclusively mail-in voting for a while now and have high voter turnout rates (must be voter fraud):

https://www.bustle.com/life/triller-...tok-competitor
                      I also signed up for it years ago. Unfortunately, I always put it off and end up going to the polls anyway (but only when I expect the races to be close enough for my vote to matter).
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        It’s already a move to cast doubt on the results. It’s foolish to keep holding to the idea that Trump is relatively normal person or POTUS, and will behave as such. This is the same guy the refused to visit Denmark after the declined his offer to buy Greenland.
                        OMG I forgot about that. I do remember that he suggested nuking a hurricane, bleaching covid, and selling Puerto Rico because hurricane relief was expensive. OMG F*k that moron and the morons who like him.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          OMG I forgot about that. I do remember that he suggested nuking a hurricane, bleaching covid, and selling Puerto Rico because hurricane relief was expensive. OMG F*k that moron and the morons who like him.
                          How much could we get for Puerto Rico? Maybe swap it straight across for Greenland? No hurricane relief needed in Greenland.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            How much could we get for Puerto Rico? Maybe swap it straight across for Greenland? No hurricane relief needed in Greenland.
                            I think that was Trump's angle-- he noticed that Greenland's few residents were also as white as the driven snow, compared to PR's brown, Spanish speaking population that makes Trump's skin crawl...

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind mail in voting but I’ve also never stood in line to vote except for when I voted against Cruz in his runoff. I usually just vote early at the downtown location no one is ever there so I get to walk right up and get a booth.

But there are too many judges on the ballot. I guess mail in votes would be better so I could actually look them up instead of just choosing the person with the most female sounding name.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind mail in voting but I’ve also never stood in line to vote except for when I voted against Cruz in his runoff. I usually just vote early at the downtown location no one is ever there so I get to walk right up and get a booth.

But there are too many judges on the ballot. I guess mail in votes would be better so I could actually look them up instead of just choosing the person with the most female sounding name.
                                I'm a big procrastinator. In Idaho you can register to vote AT the polls. (at least you used to could). That's the opposite of voter disenfranchisement and it's a good idea. I liked showing up and voting all casual and sh*t.

Comment

Working...
                                X