2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    Is impeachment/conviction and removal the only real recourse?
    I can't think of any other recourse. But what if the party in charge of the Senate approves of the President's actions?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      The fact that our choices are narrowed to a hair sniffing reanimated corpse or a pathologic narcissist depresses me more every day.
      af1a41c80a0b605d2c443e649b561be6.jpg

Wisdom from the Simpsons...

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        she has been one of my favorite follows for quite some time. All of her djt lip sync vids are hilarious.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          The fact that our choices are narrowed to a hair sniffing reanimated corpse or a pathologic narcissist depresses me more every day.
          Am I the only one that actually likes Biden? I know he's old but he's more pragmatic than most politicians and he has a much shorter trail of corruption than Hillary and several others (not a high bar, really). He also has a compelling story with overcoming personal tragedy. He's not a perfect candidate, but I don't feel like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils. Hey, I even almost got a Biden yard sign but decided against it since I afraid of what might happen to my house if I put one up in my yard. I live in the burbs so it's heavy republican, although most of the repubs tend to be reasonable.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Am I the only one that actually likes Biden? I know he's old but he's more pragmatic than most politicians and he has a much shorter trail of corruption than Hillary and several others (not a high bar, really). He also has a compelling story with overcoming personal tragedy. He's not a perfect candidate, but I don't feel like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils. Hey, I even almost got a Biden yard sign but decided against it since I afraid of what might happen to my house if I put one up in my yard. I live in the burbs so it's heavy republican, although most of the repubs tend to be reasonable.
            I think Biden is about as good of a candidates that you will get from the democrats, but I thought that about Hillary as well. I wasn't ever sold on her villainous corruption.

Comment

The fact that he appears to be slowly losing his mind doesn't bother you?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This is Eddie Jones perfection.

Comment

I like Biden but I'm worried about how far left the dems can drag him. If he chooses a centrist VP I'll feel more comfortable with him. If the republicans retain the senate then I'll feel more comfortable with him. But if he picks Warren or Harris and the dems have full control of congress, I'll be concerned. Then again, maybe that's exactly what the republican party needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    I like Biden but I'm worried about how far left the dems can drag him. If he chooses a centrist VP I'll feel more comfortable with him. If the republicans retain the senate then I'll feel more comfortable with him. But if he picks Warren or Harris and the dems have full control of congress, I'll be concerned. Then again, maybe that's exactly what the republican party needs.
                    Susan Rice. Take it to the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                      I really hope so. I like her way better than Kamala Harris.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        In all honesty - this probably most closely resembles me too.

I don't really dislike Biden. He's a little creepy with the hair sniffing stuff. And it cracks me up what he gets away with as far as gaffes from within his own party - who loved to pound on W for essentially the same kind of stuff, though less of it. But he comes across as mostly pragmatic and practical himself. I don't think HE has any ideas that are crazy enough to worry me.

What I worry about is whether or not he has a spine. He seems like the kind of guy who would succumb to peer pressure pretty easily. I mean - he isn't really super passionate about stuff - so I could see someone who is super passionate, emotional, and animated about things quickly convince him to back ideas that he normally wouldn't come up with on his own or back without that pressure being applied. And we live in a world where there is increasingly groups willing to apply pressure to get what they want. I think we need a leader who won't easily cave, and I'm not sure Biden is that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          I'm probably showing my ignorance, but who does the Judiciary control to enforce that order? Or do you end up with a stand off between branches? I.e., we wont issue anymore warrants for you until you enforce our order?
                          I am not a constitutional scholar by any means, but ... just the police or federal marshalls. The same way they put out bench warrants for deadbeat dads, etc, they would do the same thing.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            I've been hoping this will be the choice for awhile now. She and Joe worked closely together when she was the NSA so presumably that would continue. She's also very smart, and I like that her son just graduated from Stanford where he headed up the campus Republicans. He clashes with his mom a lot, but they still get along fine, suggesting she's open-minded and not overy doctrinaire.

Biden's mental decline bothers me (even at the peak of his cognitive powers three decades ago, the man was a gaffe machine), but it won't if Rice is in the co-pilot seat. It would if it were Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I really hope so. I like her way better than Kamala Harris.
                              Rice will still be horribly vilified, particularly among Tedbot's altright and Russian trool-farm programmers and the Fox Noise/talk show circuit but she'll also criticized by the unrealistic hard left who believe Bernie was cheated outed of winning and will threaten to throw a tantrum by not voting. But, those are signs she's a moderate pick.

I don't hate Kamela but Rice is more moderate and a calmer presence on the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I've been hoping this will be the choice for awhile now. She and Joe worked closely together when she was the NSA so presumably that would continue. She's also very smart, and I like that her son just graduated from Stanford where he headed up the campus Republicans. He clashes with his mom a lot, but they still get along fine, suggesting she's open-minded and not overy doctrinaire.

Biden's mental decline bothers me (even at the peak of his cognitive powers three decades ago, the man was a gaffe machine), but it won't if Rice is in the co-pilot seat. It would if it were Harris.
                                Pence has proven he's unfit for office. Huntsman's handshake is firmer than that guy's spine

Comment

Working...
                                X