Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      You can thank Tucker Carlson...

Here’s Why Tucker Carlson Just Called For Nine GOP Senators To Lose Their Next Primary Race

Fox News host Tucker Carlson called for nine Republican senators to lose their next primary races for writing a letter to President Donald Trump demanding that he continue allowing “foreigners to take American jobs.”

The nine senators – Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, John Cornyn of Texas, Mike Crapo and James Risch of Idaho, Michael Rounds of South Dakota, Todd Young of Indiana, Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan of Alaska, and James Lankford of Oklahoma – all signed a letter to the president asking him to protect seasonal guest worker visa programs.
      [...]
      https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/27/t...reign-workers/

Thanks Tucker!

Graham is most likely gay anyway. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that or anything but you know how those GOP'ers are.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• AZ is going blue for the first time since 1952.

Eat shit, Martha McSally!
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Amy Klobuchar would be the prefect running mate for Uncle Joe:

Democrat Amy Klobuchar Declined To Prosecute Cop At Center Of George Floyd Death After Previous Conduct Complaints, Report Says
          [...]
          “Between 1999 and 2007, Klobuchar, the state’s then top prosecutor, declined to press charges against more than a dozen officers accused of killing civilians,” The Guardian reported. “In 2006, Chauvin was one of several officers involved in the shooting death of a man who stabbed others before turning on the police.”

Klobuchar “did not prosecute and instead the case went to a grand jury that declined to charge the officers with wrongdoing in 2008.”

WXII 12 News reported that Chauvin “had 18 prior complaints filed against him with the Minneapolis Police Department’s Internal Affairs.”

Klobuchar is reportedly being considered as a potential vice presidential pick for presumptive Democrat nominee Joe Biden, who came under fire late last week after saying on “The Breakfast Club” that “if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”
          [...]
          https://www.dailywire.com/news/democ...ts-report-says

Concerning that "you ain't black" comment... Biden was "baited" into saying that:

It is completely Charlamagne tha God fault!
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            If that happens and Trump gets the boot (which is likely if Biden gets Wisconsin or Arizona) then hello actual immigration reform after forever trying to get rid of the POS Clinton signed in 96...
            Doubt it. Obama had the chance to do immigration reform and didn't even try (despite promising he would). Why would anyone think Biden would do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Doubt it. Obama had the chance to do immigration reform and didn't even try (despite promising he would). Why would anyone think Biden would do it?
              Because after being in the senate for 36 years and 8 years in the Obama administration he made a pledge this time...

Joe Biden committed to halting deportations of nearly all immigrants in the country illegally.
              https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...rus-healthcare

Biden backs health care for illegal immigrants, says 'we have an obligation' to provide it
              https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...gal-immigrants

And everything he helped do up until that was a "big mistake"...

For first time, Biden calls Obama deportations 'big mistake'
              Presidential candidate Joe Biden says it was a “big mistake” for the Obama administration to have deported hundreds of thousands of people without criminal records
              [...]
              https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...stake-69010125

His new "pinky promise" is good enough for Commando and me.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yeah, the lefty antifa kids are going to hand the election to Drumpf...

New Study Shows Riots Make America Conservative

The recent spate of protests against police brutality have changed the way the left thinks about rioting. The old liberal idea, which distinguished between peaceful protests (good) and rioting (bad), has given way to a more radical analysis. “Riots work,” insists George Ciccariello-Maher in Salon. “But despite the obviousness of the point, an entire chorus of media, police, and self-appointed community leaders continue to try to convince us otherwise, hammering into our heads a narrative of a nonviolence that has never worked on its own, based on a mythical understanding of the Civil Rights Movement.” Vox’s German Lopez, while acknowledging the downside of random violence, argues, “Riots can lead to real, substantial change.” In Rolling Stone, Jesse Myerson asserts, “the historical pedigree of property destruction as a tactic of resistance is long and frequently effective.” Darlena Cunha, writing in Time, asks, “Is rioting so wrong?” and proceeds to answer her own question in the negative.

The direct costs of violent protests are fairly self-evident. People who may not have anything to do with the underlying grievances get injured or killed, their livelihoods are impaired, the communities in which the rioting takes place suffer property damage that can linger for decades, and the inevitable police response creates new dangers for innocent bystanders. The pro-rioting (or anti-anti-rioting) argument portrays this as the necessary price of worthwhile social change. Rioting can generate attention among people who might otherwise ignore the underlying conditions that give rise to it.
                [...]
                The 1960s saw two overlapping waves of protest: nonviolent civil-rights demonstrations, and urban rioting. The 1960s also saw the Republican Party crack open the New Deal coalition by, among other things, appealing to public concerns about law and order. In 1964, Lyndon Johnson swept every region of the country except the South running a liberal, pro-civil-rights campaign; in 1968, Richard Nixon won a narrower victory on the basis of social backlash.
                [...]
                Wasow finds that nonviolent civil-rights protests did not trigger a national backlash, but that violent protests and looting did. The physical damage inflicted upon poor urban neighborhoods by rioting does not have the compensating virtue of easing the way for more progressive policies; instead, it compounds the damage by promoting a regressive backlash.

The Nixonian law and order backlash drove a wave of repressive criminal-justice policies that carried through for decades with such force that even Democrats like Bill Clinton felt the need to endorse them in order to win elections. That wave has finally receded and created space for sentencing reforms, demilitarization, an emphasis on community policing, and other initiatives that even have bipartisan support. If the violent protests in Ferguson and Baltimore supercede nonviolent protest, Wasow’s research implies that the liberal moment might give way to another reactionary era.
                https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2015...servative.html

Y'all might as well join me in voting for the libertarian candidate now.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Why was that do you suppose? Can you think of a reason why the DREAM Act didn't go forward, even with overwhelming bipartisan support? I can.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Because after being in the senate for 36 years and 8 years in the Obama administration he made a pledge this time...

His new "pinky promise" is good enough for Commando and me.

Say what you want about Obama's draconian removal policies-- he was efficient. He prioritized removals according to levels of seriousness of offender, starting with violent felons, gang affiliates, etc. Those people at the top are super easy to remove-- they have basically no affirmative defenses available. Trump is going at it even more enthusiastically, but with a blunt instrument. Everybody is a target- especially those most vulnerable who do in fact have affirmative defenses. And his tactics are more despicable than Obama's-- he's brought in the infamous child separation, etc. He's devoted to indiscriminate destruction of immigrant families, which is ironically why he's not really doing much but bankrupting USCIS (by taking funds from their application fees to ramp up ICE operations) to the benefit of the private prison industry, who put away tens of thousands of immigrants who have few to no criminal offenses to their names.

Anyway, I think January is going to be a good time to step back and assess wtf we are doing in immigration court, where a person who holds DACA is RIGHT NOW prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law until that person receives an order of removal from an immigration judge. DACA by definition is a respite from prosecution by DHS. Guess not! This whole administration is a shit show. Even if Biden is unclear or somewhat equivocated, he's light years better than what we have. It's not even a question.

Comment

• Two senile men who are terrible at police reform. I am sooooo excited about this election.

Biden's still way better than Trump, but still. Yay 2020 in America.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Two senile men who are terrible at police reform. I am sooooo excited about this election.

Yeah this ill-advised off-the-cuff thing is regrettable. At least with Biden he can clarify or admit 'wow I didn't think that through.' Really not comparable to the Trump show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Why was that do you suppose? Can you think of a reason why the DREAM Act didn't go forward, even with overwhelming bipartisan support? I can.

Dems controlled both houses of Congress during the first two years of the Obama presidency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Two senile men who are terrible at police reform. I am sooooo excited about this election.

There are some great Joe quotes here...

Maybe Joe should run as a GOP'er. I think he would have a better chance to become president!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dems controlled both houses of Congress during the first two years of the Obama presidency.
                              I think that's when they chose to push all the chips to the center and cash all their political capital in on Obamacare. Regrettable, but immigrants always come last in this country. You can do anything you want to that voiceless sector of the population with almost no political consequences. I never said Obama was anything but a missed opportunity for immigration reform, but there's plenty of blame to go around when a popular, clearly needed measure can't even be brought to a vote because of insider agendas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                There are some great Joe quotes here...

Maybe Joe should run as a GOP'er. I think he would have a better chance to become president!

Yeah thanks Ted. I know Joe has a bad history of criminal justice reform. I wish there was a better candidate out there. Now go do your homework and find the multiple videos of Trump being clearly worse than Biden.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X