Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2438

Thread: 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I’m shocked that Cubans hate the Biden/Harris ticket.
    Not that self-aware, in light of what's going on with Cubans and immigration right now. But then, Cubans tend to see themselves as better than other Latinos- Mexicans, Central Americans, etc. It's pretty annoying, seeing as how Cubans have arbitrarily benefitted from the Cuban Adjustment Act and have way fewer problems getting a green card.

Venezuelans ought to pray that Biden gets elected. Trust me.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Venezuelans ought to pray that Biden gets elected. Trust me.
    Why is that?

Trump is getting serious about turning the 18-26 year old demographic out to vote!

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54205231

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Trump is getting serious about turning the 18-26 year old demographic out to vote!

Am I the only one who thinks this whole Tik Tok tempest is nothing more than payback for Tik Tok users tanking Trump's Tulsa Rally?
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post

As the father or a teenage daughter, I definitely support the banning of tiktok.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this whole Tik Tok tempest is nothing more than payback for Tik Tok users tanking Trump's Tulsa Rally?
    Is there anyone who thinks it’s anything other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    As the father or a teenage daughter, I definitely support the banning of tiktok.
    Don't get me wrong. I tried tiktok and hate hit. My teenage daughter tried to find me stuff I'd like on there and was unsuccessful. I would not miss tiktok if it was gone but my daughter would be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
    Is there anyone who thinks it’s anything other than that?
    Factors that predate Trump's wounded ego from the Tulsa rally contribute much more than tiktok trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Factors that predate Trump's wounded ego from the Tulsa rally contribute much more than tiktok trolling.
    For smart peoppe. Trump wouldn’t give a shit if not for Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Why is that?
    Because the majority of them who have come here fleeing the situation in Venezuela-- many of my clients are doctors, engineers, pediatric dentists, etc-- are banking on being granted asylum. Trump has been systematically whittling down asylum protections to the point where I now have multiple Cuban clients in removal proceedings (where the government is actively litigating to get them deported) and have to apply for defensive asylum even though they are eligible for a green card by statute and have a green card application pending with USCIS. That's how batshit this administration is. Completely and decidedly Anti-Immigrant. Under a sane administration, Venezuelans would clearly by now be availed of Temporary Protected Status, which is a temporary stay and work authorization given to neighboring countries going through a national crisis-- e.g. Haitians after the earthquake, Hondurans after Hurricane Mitch, etc.

Venezuelans pinning their hopes on Trump is like the baby seal that swims up to the shark saying 'mama.'
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Orem state street.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Orem state street.

Lol so many people have lost their damn minds. SAD
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Orem state street.

I would love to have a film crew follow this dude through the election and in the aftermath of Trump getting his rectum blown out by the electoral college.

I've Made a Huge Mistake. Harry Tic's Avatar

Orem state street.

And to think I can’t even bring myself to put a bumper sticker on my car. Kudos to this guy for flying his freak flag. Literally, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
    --William Blake, via Shpongle

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tic View Post
    And to think I can’t even bring myself to put a bumper sticker on my car. Kudos to this guy for flying his freak flag. Literally, I guess.

What does he do when it rains?

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Maybe puts on a new set of flags after it stops.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If you love freedom and hate communism enough it never rains on you.

Social Distance Warrior swampfrog's Avatar

Orem state street.

The way you caught the reflection is great, but you need to up your shutter speed to eliminate the motion blur.

Orem state street.

Turn right in a block or two and get a delicious sandwich from the Italian Place.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Turn right in a block or two and get a delicious sandwich from the Italian Place.
    Yes! We actually turned in that exact spot but went into the restaurant next-door to pick up a carry out order. Yamato.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Yes! We actually turned in that exact spot but went into the restaurant next-door to pick up a carry out order. Yamato.
    I met my in-laws for the first time at Yamato. They were in town visiting their hot daughter, and I was the schlub she was dating at the time.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Ted will be amped for this:

GOP set to release controversial Biden report

Republicans are preparing to release a report in a matter of days on their investigation focused on former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, a move they hope will put fresh scrutiny on the Democratic nominee just weeks from the election.

The controversial probe, spearheaded by Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), is focused broadly on Obama-era policy and Hunter Biden's work for Ukrainian gas company Burisma Holdings.

The GOP report, which is set to be released this week, is expected to argue that Hunter Biden’s work impacted Obama-era Ukraine policy and created a conflict of interest given then-Vice President Joe Biden’s work in the area.

No evidence has indicated criminal wrongdoing by the Bidens. A narrative, seized on by President Trump, that Biden worked to oust Ukrainian Prosecutor Viktor Shokin to protect his son has been widely discredited, though Hunter Biden has said joining the board was “poor judgement.”...

The Wisconsin Republican's remarks talking up the report while blasting Joe Biden's electoral prospects have poured fuel onto bipartisan concerns that Johnson is using his chairman's gavel to target Trump’s political enemies.

In addition to an investigation focused on the Bidens, Johnson and Grassley are separately investigating the FBI’s Russia probe, “unmasking” and leaks from the early days of the Trump administration.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), a member of Johnson’s committee and the party’s 2012 presidential nominee, warned that the Biden-Burisma probe was a “political exercise.

“It’s not the legitimate role of government for Congress or for taxpayer expense to be used in an effort to damage political opponents,” Romney said.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...l-biden-report

Ted will be amped for this:

GOP set to release controversial Biden report

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...l-biden-report
    LOL. Flip-flop Romney:

Mitt Romney will vote in favor of subpoenaing records of Hunter Biden's Ukraine work one day after criticizing it as partisan

• Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah will vote in favor of subpoenaing records related to Hunter Biden's work in Ukraine, Romney's spokesperson said Friday.
    • His decision comes after he repeatedly criticized the Senate Homeland Security Committee's effort to investigate Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, as looking political.
    • "I would prefer that investigations are done by an independent, nonpolitical body," Romney told The Washington Post just one day before deciding to vote in favor of the subpoena. "There's no question the appearance is not good."

[...]
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mitt...ubpoena-2020-3

Oh no Joe... Looks like the Bidens were trying to keep up with the Clintons:

Hunter Biden’s Business Dealings Created ‘Counterintelligence And Extortion Concerns,’ Senate Report Says

• Hunter Biden’s financial dealings with Ukrainian, Russian and Chinese businesses created potential “criminal financial, counterintelligence and extortion concerns,” according to a report by two Senate committees.
    • The report details a series of wire transfers between Biden and a businessman with extensive ties to the Chinese Communist Party.
    • The report, written by the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance committees, also states that State Department officials repeatedly raised concerns about Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma Holdings.
    • One official testified that he told Joe Biden in October 2015 that his son’s links to Burisma “enabled Russian disinformation efforts.”

[...]
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/23/h...china-burisma/
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Look at this fresh bullshit of the day. Man nothing gets under racists' skin like being called racist.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...pYhL9LuRHKZrGg

Look at this fresh bullshit of the day. Man nothing gets under racists' skin like being called racist.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...pYhL9LuRHKZrGg
    If critical race theory is being mandated or funded by the federal government, I agree it should be stopped, but he does come across as thin skinned and defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    If critical race theory is being mandated or funded by the federal government, I agree it should be stopped, but he does come across as thin skinned and defensive.
    "It has come to the President's attention" Oh fuck off, Trump. If it comes to someone's attention that got into college on their own SAT score let us know.

WHITES BENEFIT FROM RACISM?!!! NOOOO!!! STOP THE PRESS! What a dumb ass bootleg Season-One Michael Scott.

Yeah after what happened at Sandia I am sympathetic with this ban.

Not on board. Especially since he's planning on launching his own "patriotic curriculum" for public schools. Why does this seem so familiar?

Not on board. Especially since he's planning on launching his own "patriotic curriculum" for public schools. Why does this seem so familiar?
    I don’t know since the only patriotic curriculum I got is saying the pledge of allegiance before every school day. Did you go through a patriotic curriculum?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Social Distance Warrior swampfrog's Avatar

It's much broader than just the federal government, extends to all contractors also. Pretty much all of the major players. I'm not sure I like this being mandated from the executive, especially from Trump. Would be better to combat it with better ideas and research (like this: https://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/...&context=cjlpp), but that's been proving difficult. It's a body of circular self-referential scholarship that has been building for decades and has broken into the mainstream.

Full text of the most recent order embedded here, may be accessible elsewhere. It's obvious the president didn't write it.

https://christopherrufo.com/presiden...l-race-theory/