2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    So, he didn't slobber, mispronounce Yosemte, or stroke out in the middle of it, so he's our man!
    Much of the delivery and style seemed like a General Conference address. I was relieved he did a good job and provided a strong contrast with the current Doofus in Chief.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Much of the delivery and style seemed like a General Conference address. I was relieved he did a good job and provided a strong contrast with the current Doofus in Chief.
      Ah, the Doofus in Chief. DIC. It fits.

Also, the GC reference explains why the presentation gave me comfort.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Bee nailed it...

Man Who Has Been In Government For Nearly 50 Years Promises To Fix Government

According to sources at the DNC, Joe Biden, a man who has been part of government since before Jaws, Star Wars, the Walkman, the NES, and the publishing of The Silmarillion, is just the man for the difficult task of fixing the government.

"This man who has been part of the broken system since 1972 is our last hope to fix the broken system," said a DNC spokesperson. "See, since he's been part of the problem for so long, only he knows how bad the problem is. So only he can fix it. If you got some outsider with, like, morals and stuff, they would be too horrified to even go to Washington in the first place."

"No, we need someone who's been part of the swamp and has participated in much injustice, oppression, and bloodshed to fix the whole thing from the ground up."

He also has a cop helping him out, sources confirmed at publishing time.
        https://babylonbee.com/news/man-who-...fix-government
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The DNC obviously picked the best Dems they could find to speak... Their all star line up included:

Bill Clinton - A pedophile (Monica and 26+ flights on Epstein's "Lolita Express") and person guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice. Dems all love him and overlook the fact he does gross things with young women and girls (including with cigars). #MeToo doesn't apply to Bill.

Linda Sarasour - Anti Jewish racistwho wants Israel to be destroyed. The Biden campaign wisely distanced themselves from her after her DNC speech.

Donna Hylton - Convicted torturer (she squeezed her victim's testicles with freak'n pliers), rapist, kidnapper, and murderer. She was introduced as an "impactful community leader"!?! Yes, squeezing someones freak'n balls with pliers is very impactful. WTF, Dems.

Other honorable mentions:

Hillary Clinton - Wait, did she actually speak at the DNC?

Kamala Harris - So many to list. UVACoug and others here have already mentioned many so I'll just refer to their posts. I'll add she is one of the most radical pro-abortion candidates to run for any office:

As a senator, Harris has cosponsored the most aggressively pro-abortion piece of federal legislation ever introduced, the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would override state restrictions on abortions in the last three months of pregnancy, well after fetal viability. The bill would invalidate any state law that prohibits “abortion after fetal viability when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating physician, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant woman’s life or health.”

According to reporting from my colleague John McCormack, the bill’s sponsors have said that it does not distinguish between the mother’s physical and mental health. Read in conjunction with the Supreme Court’s ruling in Doe v. Bolton defining maternal health as including “all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the person’s age — relevant to the well-being of the patient,” the Women’s Health Protection Act would invalidate any and all state-level protections for unborn children after the point of viability — indeed, up until birth. (Harris, it is worth noting, seems to have little problem with allowing newborns to die of neglect should they survive an abortion procedure; she has twice voted against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which would require doctors to provide the same care to infants who survive abortions as they would to any other newborn.)
          https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...on-absolutism/

And, of course...

Joe Biden - He is super creepy and losing his mind. Not to mention the problems with his crackhead, whore chasing, corrupt/unethical son.

Well done, Dems. Well done.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            trump wins. sjbh.
            He will cheat and be helped by corrupt state govs and foreign powers. It’s totally possible. I don’t think he wins fairly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              The DNC obviously picked the best Dems they could find to speak... Their all star line up included:

Bill Clinton - A pedophile (Monica and 26+ flights on Epstein's "Lolita Express") and person guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice. Dems all love him and overlook the fact he does gross things with young women and girls (including with cigars). #MeToo doesn't apply to Bill.

Linda Sarasour - Anti Jewish racistwho wants Israel to be destroyed. The Biden campaign wisely distanced themselves from her after her DNC speech.

Donna Hylton - Convicted torturer (she squeezed her victim's testicles with freak'n pliers), rapist, kidnapper, and murderer. She was introduced as an "impactful community leader"!?! Yes, squeezing someones freak'n balls with pliers is very impactful. WTF, Dems.

Other honorable mentions:

Hillary Clinton - Wait, did she actually speak at the DNC?

Kamala Harris - So many to list. UVACoug and others here have already mentioned many so I'll just refer to their posts. I'll add she is one of the most radical pro-abortion candidates to run for any office:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...on-absolutism/

And, of course...

Joe Biden - He is super creepy and losing his mind. Not to mention the problems with his crackhead, whore chasing, corrupt/unethical son.

Well done, Dems. Well done.
              Bookmarking this to see how a fake libertarian reacts to the RNC convention.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                He will cheat and be helped by corrupt state govs and foreign powers. It’s totally possible. I don’t think he wins fairly.
                TDS

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Bookmarking this to see how a fake libertarian reacts to the RNC convention.
                  I am sure you and Frank will do a great job covering the RNC for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I love the Bee. I guess you could run the same story with Harris and her promise to reform the justice system, which still makes me laugh that she can even say that with a straight face.

Biden will keep the status quo (well, not Trumps but the prior presidents status quo) and that status quo works for the most part. President's moderate a bit when they get into office and Biden will do the same.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Remember when people thought it would be a good idea to let a "successful businessman" who was going to "drain the swamp" become president? Good times.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• A swing and a miss... The DNC lacked a plan of action.

The Democrats Miss the Meaning
                        Their convention was marked by a sense of grievance, but voters need to know what they’ll do.
                        [...]
                        What hadn’t been done before was done rather poorly, with high schlock content. You got the impression no one creative or daring was authorized to be either. It has been compared to a telethon, an infomercial, and fundraising week on public television. Marianne Williamson said it was “like binge watching a Marriott commercial.” Mostly it was the Democratic Party talking to itself and playing to its base.

Missing was any hint of priorities or plans, of the meaning of the party or its intentions. They made the case against Donald Trump, and a case for Joe Biden as an essentially decent person. But they didn’t say what they’ll do. And this year that is key.

’m not sure they’re sufficiently aware of two things. One is the number of people who don’t like Mr. Trump and will vote for him anyway. They don’t have to be talked into thinking he’s a bad character, they’re already on board.

All summer I’ve been running into two kinds of people. One kind says, “That man is a living shame on our country and must be removed.” The other kind says very little. They don’t defend him. They say, “I can’t believe I may vote for him, but . . .” And always they explain it this way: “What the other guys are gonna do on taxes,” “What the other guys will do to my industry,” “What the Democrats will do to the economy.”

I’m getting the impression that for a lot of people, the ballot this fall won’t read “Trump vs. Biden” but “Trump vs. What the Other Guys Will Do.”

Do the Democrats understand how hunkered-down many people feel, psychologically and physically, after the past six months? If I asked this right now of a convention planner or participant I think they’d say, “Yes, people feel battered by systemic bias, inequality, and climate change.” And I’d say no, they’re afraid of foreclosures! They’re afraid of a second wave, no schools, more shutdowns, job losses and suddenly the supply lines break down this winter and there are food shortages.

When this is the context, what a great party plans to do couldn’t be more crucial.
                        [...]
                        The cumulative effect of all this, especially for the young, would prompt an inevitable question: Why would anyone fight to save this place? Who needs it?

If I were 12 and watched, I’d wonder if I had a chance here. If I were 20, they’d have flooded me with unearned bitterness.

Injustice is real, history is bloody. But guys, do you ever think you’re overdoing it? Are you afraid that this is all you got? Is that why you don’t talk about policy?
                        https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dem...ng-11597980333
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am sure you and Frank will do a great job covering the RNC for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'll let Frank cover it. I didn't watch the democrat one and I won't watch the RNC. But I will expect the same unbiased criticism from you!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• The above review by the WSJ was a little unfair, IMO... Biden and other Dems did talk about their "green new deal". Replace coal, NG, and nuclear power with solar and wind (and, not to mention, create all these renewal energy jobs). That is working well in California:

California Blackouts: It's Not Just the Heat, It's Also the Anti-Nuclear Power Stupidity
                            Activists oppose a huge source of reliable, climate-friendly electricity that could have prevented the rolling blackouts in the Golden State.

Rolling electric power blackouts afflicted as many as 2 million California residents last week as a heat wave gripped the Golden State. (It's apparently eased up for now.) At the center of the problem is that power demand peaks as overheated people turn up their air conditioning in the late afternoon just as solar power supplies cut off as the sun goes down. In addition, output from California's wind farms was erratic. Currently, about 33 percent of California's electricity comes from renewable sources as mandated by state law. Until this summer, California utilities and grid operators were able to purchase extra electricity from other states, but the current heat wave stretches from Texas to Oregon so there was little to none available to make up for California's power shortage.

According to the San Jose Mercury News, California electricity grid operators had warned in September 2019 that power shortages might become increasingly common when heat waves hit over the coming years. The current situation was thankfully not worse since California still has some natural gas power plants in operation that can be ramped up to supply energy when renewable supplies fail.

"Some folks in the environmental community want to shut down all the gas plants. That would be a disaster," said Jan Smutny-Jones, CEO of the Independent Energy Producers Association, a trade association representing solar, wind, geothemal, and gas power plants, to the Mercury News. "Last night [Sunday] 60 percent of the power in the ISO [Independent System Operator] was being produced by those gas plants. They are your insurance policy to get through heat waves."
                            [...]
                            Completely ignored in the reporting is that California has been shutting down a huge source of safe, reliable, always-on, non-carbon dioxide–emitting, climate-friendly electricity—that is, nuclear power. In 2013, state regulators forced the closing of the San Onofre nuclear power plant that supplied electricity to 1.4 million households. By 2025, California regulators plan to close down the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant that can supply electricity to 3 million households.
                            [...]
                            https://reason.com/2020/08/19/califo...wer-stupidity/

Oh yeah, ban fracking... That will go over well in some states:

Kamala Harris’s Stance on Fracking Could Be Liability in Pennsylvania
                            Trump, who won the state in 2016, has already highlighted her support of a ban on the gas-drilling technique

Fracking has turned Pennsylvania into the nation’s second-largest producer of natural gas, making energy a jobs issue that could hinder Joe Biden’s path to the White House—with the choice of fracking-foe Kamala Harris as running mate adding yet another potential hurdle.

President Trump carried the state in 2016 by less than 1 percent of the vote, making it a prime target for Democrats to recapture this year with the Pennsylvania-born Mr. Biden atop the ticket.
                            [...]
                            https://www.wsj.com/articles/kamala-...ia-11597422575
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I'll let Frank cover it. I didn't watch the democrat one and I won't watch the RNC. But I will expect the same unbiased criticism from you!
                              What?!? You didn't watch the DNC? How do you know what the Dems' plan is for "fixing" things? Oh wait, never mind. They didn't talk about any plans really other than "we are going to defeat Drumpf because he is 'bad man'™."
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What?!? You didn't watch the DNC? How do you know what the Dems' plan is for "fixing" things? Oh wait, never mind. They didn't talk about any plans really other than "we are going to defeat Drumpf because he is 'bad man'™."
                                Keep it up Ted! I expect the same libertarian passion criticizing both sides when the republicans talk next week!
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X