Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's trying.

Trump Has Launched a Three-Pronged Attack on the Election

Halting vote-counting after Election Day requires Trump to stage a three-pronged attack: slowing mail delivery, then urging Republican state legislatures to deem Election Day “failed” because of the many uncounted votes, and finally denouncing as illegitimate all vote-counting that continues after Election Day—even as slowly delivered mail-in ballots keep arriving. Leading the first step is Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, who’s reportedly shutting down post offices and slowing mail delivery under the guise of cost-cutting. Employees say that piles upon piles of letters and packages remain undelivered, stranded for weeks on end. These efforts undermine public confidence in the Postal Service and threaten to slow the distribution of blank ballots to voters and the return of completed ballots to state officials—with a likely disproportionate effect on Democratic-leaning urban voters, for whom the coronavirus’s circulation in cities makes mail-in voting particularly appealing. The likely surge in mail-in ballots that the pandemic will encourage suggests that tallying the election results won’t be completed on November 3 but will take days, possibly weeks, to complete accurately.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I haven't noticed a slowdown in mail service in Utah. Is anyone else seeing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        I haven't noticed a slowdown in mail service in Utah. Is anyone else seeing it?
        I have in CA. Packages are disappearing for weeks. Though it has worked out since Amazon has written them off as lost and refunded me, then they show up at my house 3 weeks later.

Same is currently happening for my daughter's birthday present from my parents. They bought her some shirts on old navy. When purchased it was said that it would get here by her birthday. That came and went. USPS had no idea where the package was and Old Navy said it must be lost. Just this morning the tracking was updated and the package was in Bakersfield after over 2 weeks of nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          I haven't noticed a slowdown in mail service in Utah. Is anyone else seeing it?
          Same here. I haven't noticed any recent slowdown.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Definitely. Amazon has slowed too bc they use USPS all the time.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I've been waiting on a car title for 5 weeks now. I paid off the loan on July 2 so I could list it and sell it with the title in hand (NV doesn't facilitate private car sales and title transfers as well as Utah, sadly). I have a guy lined up to buy it if I can get the title before he gets relocated to Maryland in 10 days. I was blaming the DMV, but now I'll turn my finger to Trump!
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                I've been waiting on a car title for 5 weeks now. I paid off the loan on July 2 so I could list it and sell it with the title in hand (NV doesn't facilitate private car sales and title transfers as well as Utah, sadly). I have a guy lined up to buy it if I can get the title before he gets relocated to Maryland in 10 days. I was blaming the DMV, but now I'll turn my finger to Trump!
                Sure its not your lender's fault?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  I have in CA. Packages are disappearing for weeks. Though it has worked out since Amazon has written them off as lost and refunded me, then they show up at my house 3 weeks later.

Same is currently happening for my daughter's birthday present from my parents. They bought her some shirts on old navy. When purchased it was said that it would get here by her birthday. That came and went. USPS had no idea where the package was and Old Navy said it must be lost. Just this morning the tracking was updated and the package was in Bakersfield after over 2 weeks of nothing.
                  I bought something from CA that that was estimated to arrive in 2 days. When it was a few days overdue I checked tracking and it showed it was in San Juan, PR. Got it about 10 days late.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Sure its not your lender's fault?

I have proof from the lender that the e-title was submitted to the DMV on July 6 for issuance of a paper title.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      This has happened to me twice this summer. Both times the lost package eventually showed up, but since they were scanned as delivered I had to return them to avoid a second charge. For reference, there was a time a few years back that I was getting up to 10 packages per day and not once was one ever lost out of those hundreds.

Comment

• One package took so long that Amazon asked me twice if I wanted to just cancel the order. The first time they asked I said no, the second time I said yes. No idea if the package ever would have arrived. I don't think it ever actually registered as even having been shipped. I chalked it up to my wife having ordered from some suspect Chinese company.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Winter 2019, I shipped a package to my brother in Canada and it took about an extra month because they sent it to Brazil first before shipping back to the US and then to Canada. He finally got it.

Comment

• Is there an option to not get mail from the usps? I’ll take that option.

No slow down in service in Houston. Of course, I also don’t write “blank mail in ballots” on the outside of my packages so that probably helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              This would be a constitutional crisis.

Comment

• My experience is that Amazon has slowed down in the last month.
                                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X