2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I believe Bobulinski as much as I believe that Ford lady.
    Avenatti is the comp, both being in the pron industry.

Comment

• Some new polls have come in. While PA seems to be close, Biden may be pulling away in WI and MI.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6849.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6761.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        Some new polls have come in. While PA seems to be close, Biden may be pulling away in WI and MI.

It seems Biden’s stance on oil and gas is hurting him in PA. It’s interesting because Wisconsin has lost a lot of jobs due to the oil and gas slow down and will lose more if fracking on federal lands happens. A lot of sand used in fracking comes from Wisconsin, although more and more the sand is being mined locally.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Some new polls have come in. While PA seems to be close, Biden may be pulling away in WI and MI.

Wisconsin and Michigan don't matter if PA (and Florida) falls to the Trumpists. Trump's only realistic path to victory involves winning GA/AZ/NC/FL and one of the rust belt states. He's trailing in all of them, but not by much; it's less than the margin of error in most of the polls and (more ominously) less than the margin that the polls were off last election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            So did y'all catch last night's Tucker Carlson?
            No, but I'm sure all the undecided voters that tune into Tucker Carlson had a lot to chew on. :|
            Last edited by Commando; 10-28-2020, 10:41 AM.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              It seems Biden’s stance on oil and gas is hurting him in PA. It’s interesting because Wisconsin has lost a lot of jobs due to the oil and gas slow down and will lose more if fracking on federal lands happens. A lot of sand used in fracking comes from Wisconsin, although more and more the sand is being mined locally.
              Fivethirtyeight has a piece up about PA. They can't say definitively why Wisconsin is so much more secure for Biden than PA, but they suspect it is because Wisconsin has traditionally been more democratic-leaning than PA. Also, somewhat surprisingly (at least to me), Biden is doing better with rural whites but worse with black males(!) than Hillary did. That hurts in PA (more blacks than Wisconsin) and helps in Wisconsin (more rural whites).

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                "Plausible deniability". Yeah, I totally picture Joe Biden saying that.

Assuming the very worst is true, Joe Biden in 2017, then a private citizen, used his influence to help his son's firm financially. And it was so scandalous that they waited a a couple of weeks before the election to drop it.

Man, they don't make scandals like they used to.
                I guess he just needs to pay back that $5-10m loan to China, right? Not to mention, apologize for lying about not knowing what his son was up to with his dealings with the Ukrainian Mafia, Chinese, and Russians. Then "all good", right?

Part of me is hoping that Biden is elected president while more of Hunter's laptop is investigated. There are stories of Hunter doing inappropriate things with 14 year olds. That dude is a very sick puppy. It would be entertaining to watch Joe handle questions about his son.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey, Joe and I agree on that. Classic Trump.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Fivethirtyeight has a piece up about PA. They can't say definitively why Wisconsin is so much more secure for Biden than PA, but they suspect it is because Wisconsin has traditionally been more democratic-leaning than PA. Also, somewhat surprisingly (at least to me), Biden is doing better with rural whites but worse with black males(!) than Hillary did. That hurts in PA (more blacks than Wisconsin) and helps in Wisconsin (more rural whites).
                    I'm not too worried about PA. Even Rasmussen has Biden up +2.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                      Maybe because Drumpf is only up by 2 points in Wisconsin instead of 3 points like Pennsylvania....

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• it's funny what stories we decide to be skeptical about
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Oh noes... better mail in the absentee ballots for your dead relatives soon!

Wisconsin Democrats urge voters to forego mail-in ballots after Supreme Court ruling
                          Ballots must be received by Election Day or they will not count

Democrats in Wisconsin, a key battleground state, are rapidly switching up their messaging on mail-in ballots after a Supreme Court ruling that disqualifies ballots received after Election Day.
                          [...]
                          https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wis...e-court-ruling
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            it's funny what stories we decide to be skeptical about
                            Funny 'ha ha' or funny 'shake your head in disbelief'?
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              I guess he just needs to pay back that $5-10m loan to China, right? Not to mention, apologize for lying about not knowing what his son was up to with his dealings with the Ukrainian Mafia, Chinese, and Russians. Then "all good", right?

Part of me is hoping that Biden is elected president while more of Hunter's laptop is investigated. There are stories of Hunter doing inappropriate things with 14 year olds. That dude is a very sick puppy. It would be entertaining to watch Joe handle questions about his son.
                              That's gross. I hope Hunter never becomes president! Because I don't think I could take back to back sleazy presidents on record saying or doing creepy things towards younger women.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                That's gross. I hope Hunter never becomes president! Because I don't think I could take back to back sleazy presidents on record saying or doing creepy things towards younger women.
                                Remember when Trump said something creepy about dating his own daughter? Good times.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X