No announcement yet.

How are you going to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely can't vote for Trump and have never liked him. Unfortunately, last time around I couldn't vote for Hillary either, so I wasted my vote for Gary Johnson, although I didn't feel he could do a decent job as president either. Since I lived in California at the time, I knew that my vote was wasted anyway since we have the electoral college and the state always goes with the Democrat.

My vote in Idaho is probably also wasted since this state will go with the Republican. But I'll vote for Biden because I at least expect him to put together a decent cabinet. I think Bernie would have been a better choice.

Overall I'm very disappointed with politics and the choices both parties are giving us. It looks pretty hopeless to me. Maybe the Jehovah's Witnesses have the best idea, not getting involved in politics in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Exactly. Not only is he not a responsible conservative, he's just not a moral person.

He was an unknown for 2016. People hoped for the best when they voted for him. We know who he is now.
      He wasn't unknown. He was, perhaps, one of the best known personalities to ever run for president. That is exactly what so many TDS people never seemed to grasp. A lot of people knew exactly what he is and STILL preferred him to Hilary or any of the republican pablum offered up in the primaries. Everything he has done since then has been consistent with his image. The difference now is that people are realizing maybe that wasn't such a great idea, but it isn't because he turned out to be something they didnt expect.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I was truly considering Biden.

But then I read that the guy he consults with on COVID-19 wants to keep things shut down for 12-18 months and a couple of my dem friends are giddy about an article that says Biden's agenda is actually more progressive than you think - and it gives me pause. Might be third party for me. I guess, living in Utah as I do, it really doesn't matter who I vote for.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          He wasn't unknown. He was, perhaps, one of the best known personalities to ever run for president. That is exactly what so many TDS people never seemed to grasp. A lot of people knew exactly what he is and STILL preferred him to Hilary or any of the republican pablum offered up in the primaries. Everything he has done since then has been consistent with his image. The difference now is that people are realizing maybe that wasn't such a great idea, but it isn't because he turned out to be something they didnt expect.
          I get that. And believe me, it kindles my wrath against the republican party. May it burn to the ground. But I do think that a significant number of independents hoped that he would pick a cabinet and advisors who be able to keep him from being himself. It never happened.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            I absolutely can't vote for Trump and have never liked him. Unfortunately, last time around I couldn't vote for Hillary either, so I wasted my vote for Gary Johnson, although I didn't feel he could do a decent job as president either. Since I lived in California at the time, I knew that my vote was wasted anyway since we have the electoral college and the state always goes with the Democrat.

My vote in Idaho is probably also wasted since this state will go with the Republican. But I'll vote for Biden because I at least expect him to put together a decent cabinet. I think Bernie would have been a better choice.

Overall I'm very disappointed with politics and the choices both parties are giving us. It looks pretty hopeless to me. Maybe the Jehovah's Witnesses have the best idea, not getting involved in politics in any way.
            You didn't waste your vote! It would be a waste if you voted for Hillary.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              The libertarian or not at all (with all the Bernie Bros).

Biden may forget to show up to the Dem convention. If so, and the Dems pick Tulsi instead then I vote for her. Joe Rogan is right about Biden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Ha, this is great.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Eh, he was a known personality, but not a known politician. Certainly you could try to extrapolate his media personality to forecast his political one, but that's not the same thing has have a 30 year voting record in the Senate.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  trump has pretty much done what he said on trade
                  Is it only in my universe that Trump has thrown around tarifs and started pointless trade wars? He does a lot of things he or tries to that he says he will.

Comment

Biden right now is cognitively about like Reagan in 1988 — barely there.

Trump is one of the worst people in the USA if not the world.

Seems like the system is broken.

Comment

Probably not at all. I refuse to vote for Trump (didn't in 2016 and won't in 2020). Biden has dementia and isn't fit to be President. He may be able to sway me with his VP pick, but that's not going to happen if its Harris or Warren.

I vote in Utah so my vote doesn't count anyways (not that it would count anywhere else either).

Comment

I would never vote for third party. We're a two party system and a third party candidate does nothing but throw the election to a minority candidate. We should change our election process to narrow the general election down to two candidates, imho.

Comment

Third party vote is a waste. I'll be voting for Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            I would never vote for third party. We're a two party system and a third party candidate does nothing but throw the election to a minority candidate. We should change our election process to narrow the general election down to two candidates, imho.
                            Wasn't Lincoln kind of a third-party candidate?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Third party vote is a waste. I'll be voting for Trump.
                              I heartily disagree. To me, its simple thinking to make elections a binary choice. Will only one of two candidates win the office? Almost certainly. But that isn't necessarily the point of a 3rd party voter. At heart I am a Hayekian with a deep respect for limited government and the vision of the framers to limit mob rule. Currently, my vision is not taken seriously by the Dems or the GOP. What is the best way for me to communicate that these are my values? Vote for the candidate/party espousing views that most closely resemble my own. Right now that happens to be the Libertarian Party. The LP is full of batshit crazy people and they put up batshit crazy candidates. But my vote going towards the LP is an indication that the GOP has lost a vote because they have deviated far from the views that I hold. They could get a decent chunk of the LP voter base if they become more free market. Its a way to communicate my ideals.

I similarly think that conscious non-voting is also a valid strategy.

Comment

Who is this year's mormon candidate that all of my internetUtahfriends will be voting for?

Comment

Working...
                                X