7.69%
    Other
    15.38%
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    Will physically fight anyone who says Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    Search for Spock?

Comment

The one where they use phasers and beam people around. The worst.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I was going to say all of them, but pelado got there first.

Comment

The Motion Picture and it isnt even close. It's amazing the franchise didnt die with that horrific movie. Even more amazing that they salvaged it with the best movie of the franchise in the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            The Motion Picture and it isnt even close. It's amazing the franchise didnt die with that horrific movie. Even more amazing that they salvaged it with the best movie of the franchise in the sequel.
            If we're actually going to seriously discuss the question, then my vote would have gone to the one with the whales. But I don't really remember having seen The Motion Picture, so maybe that one's worse.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              If we're actually going to seriously discuss the question, then my vote would have gone to the one with the whales. But I don't really remember having seen The Motion Picture, so maybe that one's worse.
              The whales episode was the one where Kirk explained Spock's odd behavior to SF residents as the result of Spock being on LDS.

Comment

5 was dumb.

Comment

The only thing I remember about the first movie is the woman with the shaved head and skimpy outfit. So I’m going to say it isn’t the worst.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                    Search for Spock?
                    I think that one's middling.

Comment

Star Trek IV - Save the Whales (a.k.a., The Voyage Home).

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        The whales episode was the one where Kirk explained Spock's odd behavior to SF residents as the result of Spock being on LDS.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHxFNFWlZc

Comment

"Why does God need a spaceship?"
                          "You've never heard Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon!"
                          "WE ARE VGER!"
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

ST IV was campy fun anyone who votes that one is wrong.

ST: TMP was a wannabe 2001 with 15 minute Enterprise pron sequences. Without those ST: TMP just becomes a mediocre edition (though it still gets dinged for the pretentious title) not in the conversation for all time bad.

ST: Final Frontier slid through campy fun into cringy schlock territory but had some good scenes and lines.

ST: Nemisis was the worst. The actors phoned it in, the plot was a mess (tried to rehash Wrath of Khan) and, they tried to (unsuccessfully) turn ST into a dark action film. If I remember right it was the lowest grossing ST film.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              ST IV was campy fun anyone who votes that one is wrong.

ST: TMP was a wannabe 2001 with 15 minute Enterprise pron sequences. Without those ST: TMP just becomes a mediocre edition (though it still gets dinged for the pretentious title) not in the conversation for all time bad.

ST: Final Frontier slid through campy fun into cringy schlock territory but had some good scenes and lines.

ST: Nemisis was the worst. The actors phoned it in, the plot was a mess (tried to rehash Wrath of Khan) and, they tried to (unsuccessfully) turn ST into a dark action film. If I remember right it was the lowest grossing ST film.
                              I think you're confusing Nemesis with Into Darkness. Both films are near the bottom, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X