The official COVID-19 pandemic SILVER LININGS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I didn't see any tears, but I added another layer of foil.
    Its moving now. 165 and 162.

Comment

Its moving now. 165 and 162.
      Don't worry about it. I frequently have it in the oven at 215 degrees, and it gets done in plenty of time.

Lucky you in finding such a large brisket. I went to Costco the other day, and the largest they had at the time was 12lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        Don't worry about it. I frequently have it in the oven at 215 degrees, and it gets done in plenty of time.

Lucky you in finding such a large brisket. I went to Costco the other day, and the largest they had at the time was 12lbs.
        Sorry.

Comment

the kenji lopez alt corona cooking videos on yt are great
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

We're doing brisket again today. This time I bought the biggest one Costco had. It was 18 pounds before I did any trimming. Put it in the smoker at 10:30 last night on high smoke (~220). Let it cook for about 5 hours, put a piece of foil over the pan, and it's now in the inside oven cooking at 225. It stalled around 6:30. One probe says 162 and the other says 165. It's coming up on 11 hours of cooking. We're planning on eating at 4-4:30 or so. How long do I let it cook work through the stall at 225 before I decide I need to crank up the oven?
            Crank it up! Get it done and then cool to 160 and hold there.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Crank it up! Get it done and then cool to 160 and hold there.
              We're getting close. 185 and 187. I'll let them hold after 190 or so, but I think the slow move from 160 to 190 likely did a lot of that collegen melting already.

Comment

Picked up my son from the airport last night. We got home at 1:00 am. Luckily the snow wasn't sticking as we passed Mammoth.

He was temporarily released, we are having 321 ribs for dinner and then watching Onward as a family. Great day.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Picked up my son from the airport last night. We got home at 1:00 am. Luckily the snow wasn't sticking as we passed Mammoth.

He was temporarily released, we are having 321 ribs for dinner and then watching Onward as a family. Great day.

And congrats on have your son back, even if only temporarily.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

That's a lot of ribs.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      That's a lot of ribs.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        That's a lot of ribs.
                        It really was.

Comment

John Krasinski has started doing a Some Good News vlog that delivers on its name. The second, released yesterday, is worth a look, esp. if you like Hamilton (that bit starts at the 8:30 mark or so). It's excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            John Krasinski has started doing a Some Good News vlog that delivers on its name. The second, released yesterday, is worth a look, esp. if you like Hamilton (that bit starts at the 8:30 mark or so). It's excellent.

That is so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              That is so awesome.
                              It really is. I've watched it three times and will do so again. The whole show is an upper, but that last eight minutes...wow. It helps that the 9-year-old is smart, cute and unobnoxious.

Comment

Without track meets and all the other church and school crap that robs me of family time, I was able to show my family one of the neater places on the ranch Saturday. This is the area we have our cows calve because there's so much cover. It's also the place a spring blizzard killed 5,000 head of my great-grandfather's sheep in a blizzard, so there's that. Anyway, here's a couple pics.

sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X