View Poll Results: Is ketchup a legitimate condiment for adults?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 75.00%
  • No

5 25.00%

Thread: Ketchup

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

Default Ketchup

Is ketchup a legitimate condiment for adults?
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

will physically fight anyone who says curry ketchup is not the goat adult condiment
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    will physically fight anyone who says curry ketchup is not the goat adult condiment
    My fry sauce is ketchup and Siracha. It’s great on burgers also.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

Ketchup is mostly sugar, water, and food coloring.

Perhaps in India, curry ketchup is slathered on food so kids can eat it?
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    Ketchup is mostly sugar, water, and food coloring.

Perhaps in India, curry ketchup is slathered on food so kids can eat it?
    currywurst bro

Fries and ketchup. Who would argue otherwise?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

can't remember the last time I had straight up ketchup as a condiment. I guess I eat it sometimes when I get fry sauce at Freddy's but I never put it on a burger or fries.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    Is ketchup a legitimate condiment for adults?
    Absolutely not. It is okay as an additive to other condiments. The sauce that I make for my burgers is a combo of mayo, a small amount of ketchup, pickle brine, mustard, and cayenne pepper. It also is great for fries.

Well now I need to try curry ketchup.
    Step on my neck and get blood on your Nike checks
    I don't mind because one day you'll respect
    The good kid, m.A.A.d. city
    --Kendrick Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Fries and ketchup. Who would argue otherwise?
    I absolutely argue otherwise. If the only option for your fries is ketchup, the fries are better off without a condiment.
    --Kendrick Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Absolutely not. It is okay as an additive to other condiments. The sauce that I make for my burgers is a combo of mayo, a small amount of ketchup, pickle brine, mustard, and cayenne pepper. It also is great for fries.

Well now I need to try curry ketchup.
    the heinz stuff is ok but not the best. make your own and eat it on a sausage. note that you should preferably be hammered for each of these steps.

the heinz stuff is ok but not the best. make your own and eat it on a sausage. note that you should preferably be hammered for each of these steps.
    I have some spare time. Do you have a particular recipe you'd suggest?
    --Kendrick Lamar

I have some spare time. Do you have a particular recipe you'd suggest?
    i dont remember what recipe we used last time, but this looks close

https://www.thekitchenmaus.com/quick-curry-ketchup/

Dang that looks SO good. Right now I dip my grilled cheese sammiches in sriracha ketchup, but curry ketchup sounds even better.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

I absolutely argue otherwise. If the only option for your fries is ketchup, the fries are better off without a condiment.
    You just admitted to putting ketchup on your burger. GTFO.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Kern's Ketchup and fried yuca is about the only time I eat ketchup.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Plain ketchup is for kids. I don’t put it on my burgers or dogs, and I truly pity anyone over 12 who does. Most fries are better plain than with ketchup. One exception is In n Out fries. Those styrofoam sticks need something to mask their awfulness. But if you douse the ketchup with enough black pepper (like a lot), at least it kills the overall sweetness.

I don’t pity adults who use ketchup on eggs or hash browns. They are beyond pity and should be doxed.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    You just admitted to putting ketchup on your burger. GTFO.
    I admitted to using a small amount of ketchup for a condiment for my burger. Big difference.
    --Kendrick Lamar

In the words of Jim Gaffigan, I'm not a mathematician, but I think everyone is lying.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

I find it interesting that with the current voting 10 yes and 5 no, it's the anti-ketchup snobs who seem the most vocal. Is ketchup shaming really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

I don’t pity adults who use ketchup on eggs or hash browns. They are beyond pity and should be doxed.
    My late father could eat his weight in Arby's hashbrown cakes slathered with "Horsey" sauce.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Default Ketchup

Funny thread. Well done SIEQ.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I find it interesting that with the current voting 10 yes and 5 no, it's the anti-ketchup snobs who seem the most vocal. Is ketchup shaming really necessary?
    I'm definitely not anti-ketchup, I've just never liked it. Even as a kid I wouldn't dip fries in ketchup. It wasn't until I lived in France that I discovered the beauty of flavored mayonnaise and now I typically use sriracha mayo or some type of garlic mayo.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Funny thread. Well done SIEQ.
    Yes. We get to see who is overcompensating for some childhood trauma by hating the most American of condiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    Yes.
    --Kendrick Lamar

I'm tempted to try a 1:1 ratio of sweet to hot paprika in the recipe. My major complaint with ketchup is the stuff is too damn sweet.
    --Kendrick Lamar

Ketchup definitely has its place and is used off and on for various purposes.

I would figure out a way to get by without it if I had to, but my life is better with it.

I'm tempted to try a 1:1 ratio of sweet to hot paprika in the recipe. My major complaint with ketchup is the stuff is too damn sweet.
    That's my complaint with Hunt's ketchup....too sweet. But, in Costa Rica, the stuff all tastes like candy, so I liked Kern's as the least sweet option. I had a companion who carried around "emergency" ketchup in his fanny pack. It saved us from having to eat stuff that was gross a couple of times, like boiled liver.