Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that you're stuck at home on quarantine, what are you doing with your time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Nice. What was your take?
    I stopped at the gas station on the way home and made them buy me a soda.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

My town has been overrun with dirtbags. Lots of climbers are using this as excuse to come hang out.

89974869_210611143622470_5488259865396641792_n.jpg

http://www.thundercling.com/2020/03/...t-of-covid-19/

Comment

Now with all this time at home we can go back and watch the entire NFL season... https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages

Free until May 31st! Of course, I already know how it ends.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm hiking, reading, and reviewing quality content my kids send me, knowing my level of humor is embarrassingly low. This is right out of The Naked Gun, but it's apparently real:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B96yGCnJdb2/

Comment

We went mountain biking on Antelope Island this morning.

There were a lot of cars in the parking lot of the trailhead, and a bunch of trail runners. I guess a 50k race was scheduled for today that was cancelled, but the runners showed up and ran anyways.

But the biggest surprise was when we left the park at 11:30. The parking lot was completely full, and there was a line of cars literally a half a mile long waiting to get in the park. I guess people are looking for ways to get out, and figured Antelope Island would be somewhere they could do that in open spaces and keep their distance from others.

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day to golf on Salt Lake City and Davis county courses for a while.
              Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-22-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Rode my bike today. Got passed both ways by a girl. PAC, was your wife out on the North end of Utah County today?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                  Tomorrow is the last day to golf on Salt Lake City and Davis county courses flow a while.
                  Nevada courses allowed to stay open as long as they close the clubhouse and implement sanitary/social distancing measures. Most courses in LV that are staying open are only allowing one person per cart and are charging an extra $20 cart cleaning fee to limit the number of carts they clean and encourage walking. Not many walkable courses in LV, but I played one of them this morning with my son. It was beautiful. I forgot how tiring it is to pack your clubs for 18 holes. I may have to invest in a push cart if this lasts much longer.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

We had a campfire in the back yard tonight. It was nice.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We took a nice family drive through Texas hill country and did the the one thing that every Texas family does in March: family pics in a blue bonnet field

Comment

I'm getting a lot of maintenance done on my motorcycles and bicycles. Yard work too.

Still managed to go out riding yesterday to a place that was probably too rough for the size bike I was riding: https://i.imgur.com/SXhl8Qi.jpg

Comment

Took the kids hiking today.

Had to drive a whole 1/2 mile.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            We had a campfire in the back yard tonight. It was nice.
                            I was planning to do that with the old raspberry shoots that we cut down earlier in the day. Guess it will have to wait for tomorrow.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              I'm getting a lot of maintenance done on my motorcycles and bicycles. Yard work too.

Still managed to go out riding yesterday to a place that was probably too rough for the size bike I was riding: https://i.imgur.com/SXhl8Qi.jpg
                              Nice!

Comment

My wife's favorite sewing/quilting equipment store invited customers to start making masks for Kaiser Permanente health workers, and provided patterns and instructions on the type of material to use. The masks are three-ply, with alternating fabrics. Obviously, they aren't ideal but Kaiser and others say these are much better than nothing, which is where they soon will be. So this is in Mrs. PAC's wheelhouse and she's cranking them out. She had lots of Golden State Warrior logo fabric left over from quilts she made for friends, so a few Kaiser nurses will be rocking the Warriors. Mock if you must, but I think it's great she can at least do something.

The only helpful thing I'm doing is doing platelet donations which, unlike whole blood, one can to as often as weekly (I'm not quite that diligent). It takes a couple of hours but the recliners are comfy with good video options and lots of cookies.

Otherwise, some work for clients, and bingeing Homeland.

Comment

Working...
                                X