Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now that you're stuck at home on quarantine, what are you doing with your time?

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

The Getty Museum invited its sheltering supporters to re-create famous paintings using only materials available in their quarantined homes. The results are outstanding. My top three are probably American Gothic (the wife kills me), the Napoleon, and the dogs playing poker, but they're all good. I also like the name of the website.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The Getty Museum invited its sheltering supporters to re-create famous paintings using only materials available in their quarantined homes. The results are outstanding. My top three are probably American Gothic (the wife kills me), the Napoleon, and the dogs playing poker, but they're all good. I also like the name of the website.
    Outstanding
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I'm partial to the Dali.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm partial to the Dali.
    It was very good. Surreal, even... It's not hard to imagine the girl posing for the Whistler thinking, "Geez, worst school break ever...."

Social Distance Warrior swampfrog's Avatar

Thanks for that. Nice distraction, for the creators and the observers.