Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that you're stuck at home on quarantine, what are you doing with your time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused about the school lunch thing. School is cancelled so kids don't have to mingle-- but 80% of all the kids are coming to school for breakfast? And the kids won't mingle while eating or after eating?

Comment

Still working. As a home health pediatric physical therapist, there ain't no way I can work from home. If there is a mandatory quarantine for any length of time, that will suck financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        I'm confused about the school lunch thing. School is cancelled so kids don't have to mingle-- but 80% of all the kids are coming to school for breakfast? And the kids won't mingle while eating or after eating?
        I don't think that's a thing in our district. My understanding is that it's basically two weeks of spring break here. In other districts, I thought I heard that they might have meals to go for the kids. Don't know if/how that's actually been implemented.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

In one district here that are preparing the lunches and the kids can come pick them up between 11 and 12:30 to eat at home. Kind of like a drive thru. That way they are getting food still but not all eating in the cafeteria.

Comment

Yep. Our school district's breakfast and lunch program is a curbside pickup program.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              In one district here that are preparing the lunches and the kids can come pick them up between 11 and 12:30 to eat at home. Kind of like a drive thru. That way they are getting food still but not all eating in the cafeteria.
              This is how our schools are doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                This is how our schools are doing them.
                Ours also. Someone smart realized that cancelling school classes of 20-30 kids but allowing them to congregate in the hundreds to eat breakfast and lunch wasn't a good idea.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Yep. Our school district's breakfast and lunch program is a curbside pickup program.
                  For all the kids driving through.

I guess they are not in lockdown yet. Quarantine means no leaving the house, and no receiving visitors.

Comment

working from home.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      working from home.
                      Me too. The boss suggests we get a beard growing contest going.

Does anyone else remember the King of Queens when the drivers went on strike? It's a little like that.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        working from home.
                        I have been considered "essential" for the time being. Me and my staff. I think we are going to be sending most everyone home, but there may be 4 or 5 of us that come in to our area. If that is all that are here, we will be able to stay away from each other easily.

Comment

For all the kids driving through.

I guess they are not in lockdown yet. Quarantine means no leaving the house, and no receiving visitors.
                          Who is actually in quarantine? Almost no one, right?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have found marble races on YouTube to be surprisingly entertaining.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Now that you're stuck at home on quarantine, what are you doing with your time?

Someone asked on a neighborhood fb page if anyone had a kid who would be interested in pulling weeds to earn some money. Another person in that neighborhood said "yeah, i need someone too." So I unilaterally volunteered my two oldest kids to pull weeds at 7:30 am this morning. They are both early risers, and usually pretty eager to find ways to earn money (son especially--that kid loves to earn a buck). I took a work-from-home morning and drove them over to the neighborhood and dropped them each off at the respective houses. I sat in my minivan nearby and worked from my laptop. Son finished his yard at around 9:30, and then joined sister to help her finish hers (bigger lot) by 10. Collectively they earned $60 bucks, which they split down the middle. And I made it through my entire inbox, drafted a complaint, and vetted two expert consultants to retain on my biggest case. All in all it was a pretty productive morning.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Nice. What was your take?

Just for reference, my three kids would have pitched a full-on fit, in the middle of the street where friends and neighbors could see, rather than work and earn their own money.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X