2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    BYU has the best chance to beat the Utes in a decade. If Covid-19 ends up postponing the season or making the game not happen, I think we can officially admit that if a higher-being does exist, that higher-being wants BYU to never beat the Utes again.
    The way the basketball season ended - with BYU losing it's last game while having a team that was going to get a better than average seeding in March Madness only to have March Madness cancelled - followed by a couple of guys running simulations in which BYU goes to the Final Four and is even the runner up in at least one simulation...

...Yeah - that's all the evidence I need that one of the following is true: A) There is no higher being. B) There is a higher being, but that higher being thinks BYU/BYU fans need to be humbled. C) There is a higher being, but that higher being hates BYU/BYU fans. D) There is a higher being, but that higher being really doesn't care about sports or the outcomes of any sporting contests.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      The way the basketball season ended - with BYU losing it's last game while having a team that was going to get a better than average seeding in March Madness only to have March Madness cancelled - followed by a couple of guys running simulations in which BYU goes to the Final Four and is even the runner up in at least one simulation...

...Yeah - that's all the evidence I need that one of the following is true: A) There is no higher being. B) There is a higher being, but that higher being thinks BYU/BYU fans need to be humbled. C) There is a higher being, but that higher being hates BYU/BYU fans. D) There is a higher being, but that higher being really doesn't care about sports or the outcomes of any sporting contests.
      A and D are clearly not correct. If one of those were true, random events would cut in our favor occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        A and D are clearly not correct. If one of those were true, random events would cut in our favor occasionally.
        After reading these posts, my faith in the existence of a higher-being may very well have just been restored. I like this deity that you speak of in B/C.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I have been reading that College football is in danger of complete cancellation with it highly probable that the season is truncated.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            I have been reading that College football is in danger of complete cancellation with it highly probable that the season is truncated.
            Yeah, we all saw the link to the Dick Harmon article posted by newsbot, too.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

That's how seriously the honor code takes Ah You's pecadillos. They don't just suspend him. They suspend all of football.

Seriously, though, he plays in 2021 regardless, right?
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Yeah, we all saw the link to the Dick Harmon article posted by newsbot, too.
                I saw it on Espn with Kirk Herbstreit opining as well as others.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

So you didn't read it, you watched it. Where you lying when you said you had been reading about it? Or are you lying now?
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

So you didn't read it, you watched it. Where you lying when you said you had been reading about it? Or are you lying now?
                    I don't see the inconsistency, unless you're reading in Braille.

Comment

You do know that ESPN has a website where written articles exist? Or is that new information to you? I am not trying to one up you, but I don't understand your assholeness on this

Comment

If schools play conference only games and there are no fans in the stands, Notre Dame will finally come to Provo. How lame would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          If schools play conference only games and there are no fans in the stands, Notre Dame will finally come to Provo. How lame would that be?
                          Notre Dame will just play an ACC schedule. They wouldn't play BYU. P12 and MWC may be in trouble based on California universities not planning on having students on campus in the fall

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Notre Dame will just play an ACC schedule. They wouldn't play BYU. P12 and MWC may be in trouble based on California universities not planning on having students on campus in the fall
                            Utah might finally win the PAC12
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Dalton getting ready for football season:

https://twitter.com/dnixon33/status/...231135233?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                MVP! MVP! MVP!
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X