2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Love this! Added bonus is seeing super right wing fans head’s explode.

Double win!

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Double win!
        The comments are horrible. We really do have some toxic fans.

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Double win!
          BYU is out leading the way on race relations. Which reminds me... when are we scheduled to pull down the statues of Brigham Young and throw them into Utah Lake?
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            BYU is out leading the way on race relations. Which reminds me... when are we scheduled to pull down the statues of Brigham Young and throw them into Utah Lake?
            I don't think Utah Lake is deep enough.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              I don't think Utah Lake is deep enough.
              Ah, Utah lake. Stunningly beautiful, on the surface at least, but on closer inspection incredibly shallow and teeming with scum-sucking bottom feeders.

So basically like relief society in every one of my BYU wards.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Ah, Utah lake. Stunningly beautiful, on the surface at least, but on closer inspection incredibly shallow and teeming with scum-sucking bottom feeders.

So basically like relief society in every one of my BYU wards.
                I was expecting the punchline to include a jab at the UofU, but this was still funny.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  The comments are horrible. We really do have some toxic fans.
                  I think it’s a very small, but vocal minority that are against this...and yes, they are horrible. Shocking how ignorant people are.

Comment

Wow. so incredibly impressive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB1FS2ln...=1g6brea3b842q
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Not that I would not be rooting for him anyway, but this cements it for me. Not only is he coming back, but he is coming back with a message that should resonate. Cougardom should be embracing this guy big time!

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Apparently, HBCU think this movement will put them back in the game for highly recruited athletes. As a long time BYU fan I know how they are about to be disappointed. In the end BLM will be less important than NCAA Championships. Colonialism has power!
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            BYU has the best chance to beat the Utes in a decade. If Covid-19 ends up postponing the season or making the game not happen, I think we can officially admit that if a higher-being does exist, that higher-being wants BYU to never beat the Utes again.
                            Well, I guess I don't have to worry about the Utes losing to BYU this year.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

This doesn't give me a ton of confidence...

https://twitter.com/TomHolmoe/status...06652355375104

Comment

Ute fans aren't happy with Mark Harlan. Lol. In his press release he mentions that he knows that this puts BYU in a bind and he apologizes for it. (A gracious move for a man that is trying to fix what Dr. Hill screwed up.)

Ute fans roast him for it. I have seen a ton of "Just let BYU fucking die already."

So...they are reveling in the fact that our season is getting screwed. I am not happy either. The bright side of all of this...is we will react better than they will when the season is cancelled because we will already be numb to it. And then I will enjoy some fun "banter" with them. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X