Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: 2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

  1. #31
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    6,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    BYU has the best chance to beat the Utes in a decade. If Covid-19 ends up postponing the season or making the game not happen, I think we can officially admit that if a higher-being does exist, that higher-being wants BYU to never beat the Utes again.
    The way the basketball season ended - with BYU losing it's last game while having a team that was going to get a better than average seeding in March Madness only to have March Madness cancelled - followed by a couple of guys running simulations in which BYU goes to the Final Four and is even the runner up in at least one simulation...

    ...Yeah - that's all the evidence I need that one of the following is true: A) There is no higher being. B) There is a higher being, but that higher being thinks BYU/BYU fans need to be humbled. C) There is a higher being, but that higher being hates BYU/BYU fans. D) There is a higher being, but that higher being really doesn't care about sports or the outcomes of any sporting contests.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    The way the basketball season ended - with BYU losing it's last game while having a team that was going to get a better than average seeding in March Madness only to have March Madness cancelled - followed by a couple of guys running simulations in which BYU goes to the Final Four and is even the runner up in at least one simulation...

    ...Yeah - that's all the evidence I need that one of the following is true: A) There is no higher being. B) There is a higher being, but that higher being thinks BYU/BYU fans need to be humbled. C) There is a higher being, but that higher being hates BYU/BYU fans. D) There is a higher being, but that higher being really doesn't care about sports or the outcomes of any sporting contests.
    A and D are clearly not correct. If one of those were true, random events would cut in our favor occasionally.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    The way the basketball season ended - with BYU losing it's last game while having a team that was going to get a better than average seeding in March Madness only to have March Madness cancelled - followed by a couple of guys running simulations in which BYU goes to the Final Four and is even the runner up in at least one simulation...

    ...Yeah - that's all the evidence I need that one of the following is true: A) There is no higher being. B) There is a higher being, but that higher being thinks BYU/BYU fans need to be humbled. C) There is a higher being, but that higher being hates BYU/BYU fans. D) There is a higher being, but that higher being really doesn't care about sports or the outcomes of any sporting contests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    A and D are clearly not correct. If one of those were true, random events would cut in our favor occasionally.
    After reading these posts, my faith in the existence of a higher-being may very well have just been restored. I like this deity that you speak of in B/C.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    Free to chain my will onto the wings of my instinct
    And wander round this box you know I'm inextricably linked
    That's right I'm free to make a sooth to catch some stuff that holds me down
    To capture my desires fashion out a viscid crown
    . . .
    I never leave I'm super free
    To fill my smiles up with the tears that I forgot
    And haunt myself beside these pretty ghosts that float my heart
    You know I'm free
    -- Shabazz Palaces: Free Press and Curl

  4. #34
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,741

    Default

    I have been reading that College football is in danger of complete cancellation with it highly probable that the season is truncated.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I have been reading that College football is in danger of complete cancellation with it highly probable that the season is truncated.
    Yeah, we all saw the link to the Dick Harmon article posted by newsbot, too.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  6. #36
    Princeps Inter Pares
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    That's how seriously the honor code takes Ah You's pecadillos. They don't just suspend him. They suspend all of football.

    Seriously, though, he plays in 2021 regardless, right?
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

  7. #37
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yeah, we all saw the link to the Dick Harmon article posted by newsbot, too.
    I saw it on Espn with Kirk Herbstreit opining as well as others.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I have been reading that College football is in danger of complete cancellation with it highly probable that the season is truncated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I saw it on Espn with Kirk Herbstreit opining as well as others.
    So you didn't read it, you watched it. Where you lying when you said you had been reading about it? Or are you lying now?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I saw it on Espn with Kirk Herbstreit opining as well as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    So you didn't read it, you watched it. Where you lying when you said you had been reading about it? Or are you lying now?
    I don't see the inconsistency, unless you're reading in Braille.

  10. #40
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    So you didn't read it, you watched it. Where you lying when you said you had been reading about it? Or are you lying now?
    You do know that ESPN has a website where written articles exist? Or is that new information to you? I am not trying to one up you, but I don't understand your assholeness on this
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •