Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

And then this tweet from Texas Rivals:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    And then this tweet from Texas Rivals:

OMG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

This dog hunts!

Choo-choo!

The dream is over. Back to Liberty/NMSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Choo-choo!
    Damn you Applejack!! Damn you to hell!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    The dream is over. Back to Liberty/NMSU!

I am guessing that the Big 12 will do something similar that the ACC is doing, allow for one or two non-conference game. Big 12 teams will schedule with independents and the ACC.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Is there a fan base that even comes close to being trolled as bad as BYU?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I am guessing that the Big 12 will do something similar that the ACC is doing, allow for one or two non-conference game. Big 12 teams will schedule with independents and the ACC.
    Looks like the Big 12 AD's are split on either a 10-game (1 non-conference game) or 12-game (3 non-conference games) schedule:

Big 12 football schedule 2020: League split between 12-game, 10-game options for this season

The Big 12's athletic directors were split Friday while meeting to recommend which scheduling model the conference should use in a 2020 season that remains in flux amid the coronavirus pandemic. The conference is currently considering two primary options: a complete 12-game season or a 10-game schedule including one nonconference opponent, several league sources tell CBS Sports.

In the 12-game model, the Big 12 would play its nine league opponents in its traditional round-robin format along with three nonconference opponents. In the 10-game model, it is believed the Big 12 would play its conference schedule along with one nonconference game that would take place before the league slate begins, likely on Sept. 19 or Sept. 26.

[...]
    While the Big 12 is reluctant to eliminate playing 12 games, the 10-game model "makes the most sense," another league source said.

"Our scientists and medical personnel haven't told us playing 12 is a bad idea," commissioner Bob Bowlsby previously said.

If the Big 12 goes with a conference-only schedule, it would play the fewest games (nine) of any Power Five league. That could potentially leave the conference at a competitive disadvantage in regard to the College Football Playoff.
    [...]
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...r-this-season/

If the Big 12 does the 12-game schedule then BYU has a good chance of playing a number of Big 12 teams, maybe.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Default 2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Big 12: 9-conference games and 1-Non Conference

Get on the phone BYU!!

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...onference-game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Big 12: 9-conference games and 1-Non Conference

Get on the phone BYU!!

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...onference-game

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Kill the college football season.

Default 2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

So, if I understand what’s going on correctly, half the Big 12 will have 6 home games and the other half will only have 5? How is that fair? Those that have to play on the road 5 times will be at a big disadvantage. Adding BYU was such a no brained (not that I’d expect Big XII commissioners to use their brains on decisions like this).

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    So, if I understand what’s going on correctly, half the Big 12 will have 6 home games and the other half will only have 5? How is that fair? Those that have to play on the road 5 times will be at a big disadvantage. Adding BYU was such a no brained (not that I’d expect Big XII commissioners to use their brains on decisions like this).
    Both the big 10 and Pac12 usual play a 9 game conference schedule making an imbalance in the home away split
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Sounds like TCU vs SMU will be cancelled. So TCU will be looking for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Both the big 10 and Pac12 usual play a 9 game conference schedule making an imbalance in the home away split
    I remembered that the BIG XII had to do that. I had forgotten that the Big Ten did, which is unnecessary and stupid. Seems like it would have a bigger impact this year though, where all the P5 are now playing conference only (for the most part). If Oklahoma and Texas each have 6 home games and all the other national contenders only have 5, how will that impact their SOS perception? Especially when it looks like Texas is going to play UTEP as their one non-conference game.

I'm probably just being pissy because it looks like they never even considered BYU as a solution (which puts us in a bad position), but it really seems like it would have solved nearly all of their problems. Apparently there are more important things to the Big XII though. I still have serious doubts about whether the season will be played at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Sounds like TCU vs SMU will be cancelled. So TCU will be looking for a game.
    Looks like Texas Tech will also need a new game (all their non-conference games have either been canceled or are away games). Wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma was looking to find another game too. Their only eligible non-conference game left is Missouri State, which won't help with SOS. Baylor is in the same situation, with their only current options being La Tech or "Incarnate Word" (whoever that is). Baylor's never been shy about scheduling down, though, so I imagine they'll stick with La Tech. Someone on Twitter said Texas had decided to keep their UTEP game, so they obviously aren't trying to impress on SOS.

Looks like BYU will be replacing Utah with Navy... Good choice.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Looks like BYU will be replacing Utah with Navy... Good choice.

Utah State and San Diego State have confirmed BYU will remain on their schedule. I assume the Boise will remain. Not horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    WTF, Tech...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Princeps Inter Pares

WTF, Tech...

I expect that's how most if not all the Big12 schools will do it. They'll use their one non-conference game to do a favor for a local team.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    I expect that's how most if not all the Big12 schools will do it. They'll use their one non-conference game to do a favor for a local team.
    You’re stretching the definition of local.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    You’re stretching the definition of local.

Texas.

Looks like the MtnWest football players have now formed an union... Good thing BYU is independent.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

And we just lost games against Utah St., Boise St., and SDSU.

Season is over boys.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    And we just lost games against Utah St., Boise St., and SDSU.

Season is over boys.
    What are the chances Tom has not called the AAC and asked to be in for a year?