No announcement yet.

2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when does Tom announce the SDSU game is moved to this week and we play Cincinnati Dec 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Gary Barta the committee lead, says they are all impressed with BYU but yeah, that schedule blows massive chunks, so gotta drop them 6 spots from their AP ranking.

That was verbatim
      Cincy had a worse SOS before struggling to beat UCF this weekend. Now they’re only a few spots better than BYU in SOS. His excuse is nonsensical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        So when does Tom announce the SDSU game is moved to this week and we play Cincinnati Dec 5?
        Sounds like the rumor of SDSU this week was false. Kalani said on ESPN that they were prepping to play Washington yesterday. Apparently it was still in the works but is now off the table. We can still play Cincy on 12/5 if they’ve got the balls to do it. SDSU is scheduled for 12/12.

Comment

• 2020 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Anyone up for a peaceful protest? Ima bout ready to go BLM on some fools
          Last edited by All-American; 11-24-2020, 05:21 PM.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            Anyone up for a peaceful protest? Ima bout ready to go BLM on some fools

Comment

• Those motherfuckers.

Comment

• Iowa State?! WTF?

Comment

• Some of these teams are going to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                    Sounds like the rumor of SDSU this week was false. Kalani said on ESPN that they were prepping to play Washington yesterday. Apparently it was still in the works but is now off the table. We can still play Cincy on 12/5 if they’ve got the balls to do it. SDSU is scheduled for 12/12.
                    Seems like a 12/5 match up is a zero risk game for Cincy. They aren't going to make the playoff without another big win (Tulsa twice wont do it). And even if they lose to us they almost surely will still get the G5 NY6 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Seems like a 12/5 match up is a zero risk game for Cincy. They aren't going to make the playoff without another big win (Tulsa twice wont do it). And even if they lose to us they almost surely will still get the G5 NY6 spot.
                      I disagree. There’s not much upside for Cincy. They do have a shot at the playoff, albeit a slim one, if teams ahead of them lose. They are only three slots out of 4th. Beating the 14th ranked team is not going to move Cincy ahead. They need teams to lose.

Likewise, losing to the 14th team may keep them out of NY6 contention, especially if BYU wins big. There are still a few other undefeated G5 teams in play for the NY6 autobid. The committee has shown they have no respect for BYU. So losing to a team the committee doesn’t respect won’t help Cincy at all.

If they don’t play, they are virtually guaranteed a NY6 spot if they take care of business against Tulsa and have an outside chance at the playoff. It makes no sense, IMO, for Cincy to play BYU.

I hope I’m wrong (like I often am).

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                        I disagree. There’s not much upside for Cincy. They do have a shot at the playoff, albeit a slim one, if teams ahead of them lose. They are only three slots out of 4th. Beating the 14th ranked team is not going to move Cincy ahead. They need teams to lose.

Likewise, losing to the 14th team may keep them out of NY6 contention, especially if BYU wins big. There are still a few other undefeated G5 teams in play for the NY6 autobid. The committee has shown they have no respect for BYU. So losing to a team the committee doesn’t respect won’t help Cincy at all.

If they don’t play, they are virtually guaranteed a NY6 spot if they take care of business against Tulsa and have an outside chance at the playoff. It makes no sense, IMO, for Cincy to play BYU.

I hope I’m wrong (like I often am).
                        I agree with not you. Omaha is right. The next highest G5 team is freaking Coastal Carolina at 20. A lost to BYU won't put them behind Coastal. A win over BYU and then Tulsa will only strengthen Cincy's resume. It's in their best interest to play us.

Comment

• The most bullshit reason the committee gave was the Boise State game wasn't impressive BECAUSE they were on a 3rd string QB. So by that logic it doesn't matter if Boise continues to win and gets ranked, that game will always be meaningless. First off, its bullshit on its face. Second, it's a double standard not applied to any other team. Fuck them.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with not you. Omaha is right. The next highest G5 team is freaking Coastal Carolina at 20. A lost to BYU won't put them behind Coastal. A win over BYU and then Tulsa will only strengthen Cincy's resume. It's in their best interest to play us.
                            Maybe, but why risk it? The chances that the committee will put Cincy in the playoff are not based on resume. They are based on the committee’s hand being forced through teams around them losing. They’ll probably find a way to keep them out regardless, like they did with UCF and TCU. A win over BYU won’t change that.

Comment

Also there is a very good chance Coastal loses to Liberty. Marshall will not be ranked ahead of a one loss Cincy.

Comment

• Two 2-loss Big 12 teams are ahead of us. Think about how awful the Big 12 is this year and let that sink in. Yeah the committee took a shit directly on BYU on purpose. Wish there was a game this week for them to go out and prove them wrong. Zach would probably put up 100.

Comment

Working...
                                X