Thread: McMillion$

Default McMillion$

Anyone else watching this. I find it fascinating.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    Free to chain my will onto the wings of my instinct
    And wander round this box you know I'm inextricably linked
    That's right I'm free to make a sooth to catch some stuff that holds me down
    To capture my desires fashion out a viscid crown
    . . .
    I never leave I'm super free
    To fill my smiles up with the tears that I forgot
    And haunt myself beside these pretty ghosts that float my heart
    You know I'm free
    -- Shabazz Palaces: Free Press and Curl

That FBI agent is hilarious!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I felt really sorry for the AA woman who was used to throw people off the scent that a bunch of Colombo people were winning all the prizes. But the highlight of the last episode was where she all of a sudden talks about meeting George Jefferson. Lol.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I felt really sorry for the AA woman who was used to throw people off the scent that a bunch of Colombo people were winning all the prizes. But the highlight of the last episode was where she all of a sudden talks about meeting George Jefferson. Lol.
    She finally got a piece of the pie! It has been a fascinating 3 episodes. My favorite interview is Colombo's former spouse who apparently went from a fairly attractive brunette to a South Park caricature of anyone from Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    She finally got a piece of the pie! It has been a fascinating 3 episodes. My favorite interview is Colombo's former spouse who apparently went from a fairly attractive brunette to a South Park caricature of anyone from Jersey.
    Did the FBI's fake TV production team contact George Jefferson to appear with the "winners" at the Vegas event? If so, the goofball FBI agent was definitely behind it and I want them to dedicate half an episode to discussing how all that came about.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    What got to me about her line of thinking is she had been praying for something, so she believed that an obvious scam was "her chance" or her "blessing" or whatever term she used to mean heaven-sent. People can skew anything they want and call it divine. And, I agree, CMBF, that that line about meeting Sherman Hemsley was hilarious.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I'd love to have a beer with the FBI agent. That guy has made this series.

Oh and I agree with all about Sherman Hensley.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Well, last nights episode took an interesting twist.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
    A Mormon guy gets involved and ends up threatening to kill his sister-in-law when she tries to run off with some money. The episode ends with him and his wife hunting her down in an airport.

Loving this series so far. The FBI agent is hilarious.

That was the least-entertaining episode of the series. If I weren't Mormon, I don't think I would've enjoyed it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    That was the least-entertaining episode of the series. If I weren't Mormon, I don't think I would've enjoyed it at all.
    Seriously a boring episode — I’ve tried to watch it twice and quit both times.

Now that I know a Mormon is in it maybe I’ll power through it.

It's hilarious that the Mormons are coming off worse than the Colombo crime family people.

Well, the country western dude seems alright, the rest are pretty bad.

Boring episode. Needs more of the FBI agent.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

This episode was much better. One thing that unites all of the perpetrators who’ve been interviewed so far, other than Glomb, they all seem remarkably dumb. Like truly dumb. The Mormón guy invoking the Lord was especially dumb. The flight attendant or Frank Colombo are tied for dumbest.

Well ... that was an anticlimactic ending.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Well ... that was an anticlimactic ending.
    One thing unites all of those people, they were absolutely dumb as shit. The only "Winner" I felt good about at the end was Jerome's brother, now friends with the US Attorney Devereaux. The rest? Morons. The blonde airline lady was the absolute dumbest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    One thing unites all of those people, they were absolutely dumb as shit. The only "Winner" I felt good about at the end was Jerome's brother, now friends with the US Attorney Devereaux. The rest? Morons. The blonde airline lady was the absolute dumbest of all.
    Yep. By the end I was really wondering why they bothered to make a documentary about this to begin with. Other than the fact that it involved the McDonald's monopoly game, its a pretty boring story of a bunch of moronic petty criminals that didn't really cause that much harm to anyone. The fact that they had to overstress that there were real victims here (e.g., the millions of McDonald's customers that were hoping to win) is telling. It had its fun moments, but overall kind of a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Yep. By the end I was really wondering why they bothered to make a documentary about this to begin with. Other than the fact that it involved the McDonald's monopoly game, its a pretty boring story of a bunch of moronic petty criminals that didn't really cause that much harm to anyone. The fact that they had to overstress that there were real victims here (e.g., the millions of McDonald's customers that were hoping to win) is telling. It had its fun moments, but overall kind of a waste of time.
    I think the problem is that they extended it to 6 full episodes. I think if they tightened it up and made it only 3 episodes, it would have been really good.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I think the problem is that they extended it to 6 full episodes. I think if they tightened it up and made it only 3 episodes, it would have been really good.
    I agree.

I read the article a couple years ago. Don't need to watch it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an...stole-millions
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I read the article a couple years ago. Don't need to watch it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an...stole-millions
    I remember you posting that and I read it too. Fascinating.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster