View Poll Results: Will you still participate in Boy Scouts now that the church does not sponser it.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is great program and I will continue to be involved

0 0%
  • No good when church sponsored it but they have enough things to keep my kids occupied.

5 50.00%
  • I hated Scouts before and I am glad the church is. Or doing it, no way they will be in scouts,

3 30.00%
  • There is no scout troop nearby so that is not an option,

0 0%
  • I never did scouts with kids before and I am forever vindicated by there rescission.

0 0%
  • I will allow scouting in my family but will not force it.

2 20.00%
  • I will force scouting on my kids still

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Will you continue to send your kids to Boy Scouts now that the church does not sponse

Default Will you continue to send your kids to Boy Scouts now that the church does not sponse

We had our last Eagle Court of Honor the other day. I received me Eagle. Shelf can,t remember siting I the Eagles nest though. Heard things like if your an Eagle Scout you will go on a. Is Simon, that is a causation's vs correlations though, I don,t think people go on missions because they received there Eagle, but the type of people that received there Eagle are the type to go on missions.

I was close to getting Eagle when I started High School had Court of Honor just before I graduated. Plenty of things to do in High School besides scouts. B-ball practice mutual controversy in rural Idaho. All hs students have conflicts with school activities work and so on. I didn,t have time to receive any Eagle palms. Must be higher than Eagle. She church sponsored scouts someone was called butt wipe I. Cub scouts and parents took him out of scouting, said they went to temple and prayed over it. God does not tell you to go against the counsel of the Prophets though. They stopped there affiliation with scouts.

I remember hearing I was selected for order of the arrow. A few days notice, then Lear Ed there was fall one. People I k ow would be there. Canít talk whole time anyway. I new version went to winter camps. Freeze and starve your ass off in silence for a day. Remind parents about football. There are more important things in your life than football. Like commitment to team. Appendectomy saved a big fight over that one. Still got Eagle despising missing a miserable day.

Would look good to friends can,t come to football game to do scout service project. I did not miss much there.

So with church not doing scouts will your kids be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    We had our last Eagle Court of Honor the other day. I received me Eagle. Shelf can,t remember siting I the Eagles nest though. Heard things like if your an Eagle Scout you will go on a. Is Simon, that is a causation's vs correlations though, I don,t think people go on missions because they received there Eagle, but the type of people that received there Eagle are the type to go on missions.

I was close to getting Eagle when I started High School had Court of Honor just before I graduated. Plenty of things to do in High School besides scouts. B-ball practice mutual controversy in rural Idaho. All hs students have conflicts with school activities work and so on. I didn,t have time to receive any Eagle palms. Must be higher than Eagle. She church sponsored scouts someone was called butt wipe I. Cub scouts and parents took him out of scouting, said they went to temple and prayed over it. God does not tell you to go against the counsel of the Prophets though. They stopped there affiliation with scouts.

I remember hearing I was selected for order of the arrow. A few days notice, then Lear Ed there was fall one. People I k ow would be there. Canít talk whole time anyway. I new version went to winter camps. Freeze and starve your ass off in silence for a day. Remind parents about football. There are more important things in your life than football. Like commitment to team. Appendectomy saved a big fight over that one. Still got Eagle despising missing a miserable day.

Would look good to friends can,t come to football game to do scout service project. I did not miss much there.

So with church not doing scouts will your kids be involved.
    I have 2 sons and a daughter thoroughly enjoying scouting. As long as they continue to enjoy it, and are learning and growing with it, we'll be involved.

Our youngest son just got his eagle so unless he wants to continue I don't think we'll be involved.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I has a boy's dad contact me last night about how to arrange an eagle court of honor. I referred him to the bishopric. I was released in early December. We had about 4 kids stopping by to get signatures in December (and January for that matter). I know 2 of the four have completed their board of review. I don't think any of them have joined new troops.

My boys both earned their Eagles and are too old for scouting now.

We still have two boys in the ward who have wrapped up stuff to earn theirs and are just finishing the paperwork. I don't know of any other kids in the ward who are working on anything.

I think BSA is a pretty good program for those interested in what it does - the outdoor component combined with the other elements of learning, physical fitness, being a good citizen, etc. So I'll gladly support any kid who is interested.

scouting is dumb

My 15-year-old, surprisingly, has never shown interest in the Scouting program. He does enjoy camping and physical activity, but not so much the earning of merit badges and the building of skills.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

#girldad
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

*That was weird - not sure why this repeat post showed up hours later. Haha!*

Somebody has organized a troop for our stake. Not sure how many kids signed up. I doubt it was a large number.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Somebody has organized a troop for our stake. Not sure how many kids signed up. I doubt it was a large number.
    We have that as well. But our Stake just announced the upcoming AP Camp...and it blows away anything that Scout Camp ever was/did. Our Stake has been planning this thing for 5 years.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

I have two grandsons that are eagle scouts and both are now missionaries. In both cases their fathers were also eagle scouts. One of them didn't bother having a court of honor. We couldn't quite understand why he didn't want the ceremony.

I don't expect any of my other grandsons to continue in scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My cousin's husband just posted today that they had started a troop with their school as the sponsoring organization, so that his two youngest boys could earn their Eagle.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Scouts is like playing a musical instrument. You have to make the kid do it, and it's all in or all out. A Church making people do it is not smart or inspired, and denigrating scouting because it's not for you is misguided. Like most things that are challenging, it's worthwhile but not for most people.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Scouts is like playing a musical instrument. You have to make the kid do it, and it's all in or all out. A Church making people do it is not smart or inspired, and denigrating scouting because it's not for you is misguided. Like most things that are challenging, it's worthwhile but not for most people.
    Your point is good but that's a terrible analogy.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.